Villa Agas Reviews

Karterados, Cyclades, Santorini, Greece

As soon as I arrived, I regretted my decision immediately. There was no one there, it felt deserted until eventually, I found an elderly lady to call the owner. The room was dark and dingy. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. I woke up with back pain. The pillow was a joke. The pool was nice, yes. The walk to Fira about 20 min. The wifi never worked during my stay there and I never saw anyone else during my stay, only uncleaned vacant rooms for days.

I used this place for the 2nd time. Located in the small village of Kartherados, it's a perfect place if you want to explore the island: Fira is only 4minutes of car/bike distance. The hotel is comfortable and nice, the manager is a very nice Greek man always available for any help. Don't expect the luxury but a simple room! Value money/service is great.

Very helpful about picking us up from the airport at a ridiculous hour of the morning, room was lovely and location was convenient.

We had really quick visit here. The only weird thing was that the hotel was actually named something else than villa agas. This made it a bit difficult to find the hotel.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Finland

We loved the Villa Agas!!!! The service was amazing! We were picked up by a gentleman who lifted our suitcase for us and treated us so well. Our room was the best hostel room I have ever stayed in. For 15 euros a night, we had two single beds, a private bathroom, mini fridge, towels, kettle, hair dryer and our own little balcony with a small table and two outdoor chairs. This was amazing! The staff were incredible. We stayed only two days yet we were offered a clean of our room! You have to go!!

Definitely would not recommend this place. Staff moved all our belongings from one room to another without notifying us. The owners don't speak good English and were very unhelpful when it came to questions about buses etc. Bathrooms were very dirty. Wifi only worked in the reception but even then it was slow. The pool pictured in photos is actually separate to hotel and shared between surrounding hotels. Good location however. Bus stop right outside and walking distance to Fira.

We had a little bit of a hiccup when we arrived at the port and didn't see a sign for Villa Agas but 10 minutes later when everyone else cleared out there was our ride. Overall a great value just outside of town. Most convenient of all is that there is a grocery store, bakery, and travel agency all very close by. The lower costs of these (as compared to Fira) will make the walk to town seem well worth it.

View all Santorini Bed and Breakfasts