Villa Banana Reviews

Gornji Kono 58A, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Well, I can't say that I'd recommend Villa Banana for anyone. To begin, there was no staff, the internet didn't work and nobody who was there speak English. Besides, the old lady let us leave our stuff there and take shower when we had checked out already. There must be other hostels in Dubrovnik? For sure.

• 14th Sep 2014

There are no pick up service as it said. It is located in the top of hilly mountain. The slope is from 17 to 25% . No public transportation can reach. If you don't have car, forget it. And the wifi isn't work. And you can't get any help from the staff.

20 minutes walk from old city. Old house, not good showers and toilets.

Very clean and comfortable room with cute balcony and amazing view over the houses and the sea. Located on the top of a hill, so expect a good work out on the way back, but it's totally worth the view and cozy quiet feel. Staff is very dedicated and caring. Mladen works very hard ensuring people get picked up and dropped off on time from the bus station

Despite the fact that the hostel is located in a really difficult place if you don't have a car, we really enjoyed our stay there. The owners of the property are a friendly couple who even though doesn't speak english, tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible and they have other employers who gave some tips about the tourism in the city,

horrible place: dirty, dirty, dirty and nothing works ..broken and smelly toilette, messy rooms, etc.. worst hostel I have been outside of India ..

Everything was pretty good in the hostel, great balcony with a view, very nice and helpful staff! The only thing I though it was strange was the kitchen doesn't have anything for guests to use for cooking, for example some condiments (salt and pepper) and cleaning detergent. On all hostels I've been there's always something for guests to use, even if the hostel doesn't want to buy these kinds of things, there are always people that leave behind the stuff that they don't want to take back.

I loved staying here! It's run by a couple who are warm, welcoming, and generous. They'll cook you a huge dinner and a delicious breakfast (both excellent value for money), which includes produce from their garden...there are plants and flowers growing all around the hostel! Beautiful view of the area. They'll drive you to the port/train station/whatever for a small price and are so accommodating. Short, scenic walk to a great beach and the old town. The best hostel we stayed in all month!!

• 18th Aug 2014

This is more like a family owned bed and breakfast than a hostel. It is stationed high (very high) up on the hill away from the city center. The hosts live in the same house that the "hostel" is located. Beautiful view, safe neighborhood, sunsets from the patio are amazing. There are no lockers though, and a serious communication breakdown with hosts and guests in English.

I had a lot of fun at Sunset. Although it is out of the main town, it's so easy to grab the shuttle bus. There is a great room to meet people and it's a relaxed atmosphere. The staff went beyond to help us once I got them smiling! I was actually sad to leave which is a rarity! Thanks Dave and Bob!

The hostel is located on the hill, which is closer to a 25 minute walk to the old town (rather than 15 minute as stated). Upon arrival the staff barely spoke to me and was told to 'wait', even though there was no other guests. After waiting 10 minutes i was given juice and cookies. The staff eventually warmed up and were nice and answered any questions i had. Overall i thought the place was pricey and i would recommend booking early and getting a place closer to the old town.

• 9th Aug 2014

The hostel has a big terrace where you can have rest after long day visiting Dubrovnik. The room was clean but the furnitures are quite old. The worst was that the toilets were pretty dirty and not in the best conditions.

This hostel was disappointing on many accounts- first, it is a 30 minute walk from the Old Town, not 15 minutes. When I arrived and asked a question about my booking reservation, I was told by the Management that they were going to call the police on me and take all of my money. The management was extremely unfriendly and yelled at me and other guests who requested simple things like doing laundry or directions or had questions about their reservations.Other reviews don't paint accurate picture

• 8th Aug 2014

Villa Banana said they had washing facilities which were not available and the bathrooms were very smelly and untidy. Staff were not very helpful also.

Overall pretty happy. Liked the place. But didn't like how we had to pay for aircon

I recomended this place, everything is great

Staff were amazing and made us feel at home!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Far from the center but great place to stay.

The most beautiful view from the balcon we've ever seen! It will be worth to tell the guests how to get to the hostel - maybe some maps? The first night we wasted a lot of time to get there. The bathrooms could be a little bit cleaner, but they were ok.

**This review is for couples only** Do you want to spent romantic days in Dubrovnik in a double room and save some money? DON'T CHOOSE THIS PLACE! Bite the bullet and take another accommodation for a higher price. It is money well spent. My girlfriend and I booked a double room and got a twin instead, still paying the price of a double. It's dirty, the water stands in the bathroom sinks, the owners are not happy about complaints and will blackmail you if you protest about something. Never again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3