Villa Banana Reviews

Gornji Kono 58A, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The people were really nice. they will pick you up from the bus station if you ask (and do because it's so difficult walking up to the hostel with bags). the location is a bit far from the centre but a quiet walk. You have to go up hundreds and hundreds of steps, but hey, everyone needs a little exercise during vacation.

When we arrived at villa banana, we were greeted with a smile, a cold drink and some snacks- we fell in love with it straight away. The owners are so kind and hospitable, we felt very welcome. Other reviews are mentioning a tough walk with stairs, which is somewhat true, but in our opinion, it's nothing you can't do if you aren't too lazy! The views and sunsets are worth it. We've stayed in Dubrovnik a few times, and this is by far, our favourite place to stay. 100% would recommend!

Awesome view, cleanliness and lack of hot water are only minus

We had a nice stay at Villa Banana. Staff was really friendly and we got cookies and juice while they checked us in. They were also very helpful and told us more about Dubrovnik. In the previous reviews we read that the bathroom was not clean but we did not experience it like that. Was not super clean but clean enough to spend one - three nights. It was a 30 min walk to the centre of the old city which is quite okay and it is situated in a quiet area. Good value for money!

The owners were really nice, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the property was very dirty :/

Fairly basic accom but get what you pay for. Kitchen facilities basic. Fine if you need somewhere to stay short term and don't want to pay old town prices. The walk isn't too bad but lots of stairs if that isn't your thing. Internet was not very good.

The Wife and Husband are So KIND! They even offer to pick you up from either the bus station or airport. The Hostel is a little high up on n a mountain with a lot of stairs, but you get for what you pay, Old town is like 25 mins walking. The room views are very beautiful but a Little hot.

Really nice hostel, but you need to climb a litte bit to get there :)

The hosts were amazing, they really made our stay very homely. We cooked both nights and used garlic, onions and herbs from the hostel garden. We very much enjoyed out stay here.

My bus broke down on the highway behind the hostel so I could easily walk and didn't require the free pick up from the station which I had requested. The following day I had to go to Sarajevo and reasonably asked if the free pick-up can be transferred to a free drop-off but they refused. Considering the price I would expect a little better customer service. Apart from that, you literally need a shower every time you hike up the hill.

THE YOUNG LADY IS SUPER PROFESIONAL AND CHARMING, BUT THE OLD LADY SEEMS TO BE TIRED OF PEOPLE COMMING TO HER PLACE ALL THE TIME. IT IS OK FOR THE PRICE THAT YOU PAY, I WOULD COME BACK.

This was a surprise. We were greeted by an old lady who does not speak English and seems to be talking to herself and have her own ways. Well, you get used to it and it does work somehow. We were granted a garage place for our car. Old town and supermarket within walking distance. Wi-Fi did not work at times. I'd recommend it, though.

I'm not really pleased with this hostel. The best of it is that it's kind of cheap for Dubrovnik, although i've been in much better hostels for far less money. Petra is very nice (must say). Villa Banana is not far away of the city centre, but it is situated at the top of the hill, so walking there is exhausting and sweaty. The worst part are the bathrooms... Disgusting. Recomendable for a very short stay.

Nice hostel. the room and the batch are sufficient clean. recommanda for short trip

Good hostel. Owners were lovely and free pick up from the bus station was appreciated. Biscuits and juice on arrival was also nice. Nice hangout area on the balcony, I had no problems with cleanliness which was mentioned in previous reviews, I thought it was fine. I would stay here again.

The staff are good and frendly except the woman, and don't speak english. Very bad wifi connection in the room. Location too far. No sheets to cover at night. Room, bathroom, kitchen and fridge is too dirty. The outdoors of the house are very nice.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Look, my score may seem low... Location is pretty far away from the old city. Facilities aren't the greatest. The kitchen is kind of outside-ish? HOWEVER, the staff are so lovely! You're greeted with cordial and biscuits when you arrive. The staff treat you like family! If you're up for getting fit (from all the walking) and for a beautiful view of the city and a hostel experience like no other. Book! I don't regret my stay, and it was the cheapest option available during summer!

It was a 15 minute walk from old town. But it's all uphill on he ay back. Toilets were disgusting. One sink as blocked and the others shower was clogged. The floors looked like they haven't been vacuumed in ages.