Villa Cam LY Reviews

62 Hoang Van Thu St, Ward 5, Da Lat, Vietnam

really friendly staff who were happy to help and very chilled out

The room was not the best we have stayed in in Vietnam, however, this was more than made up for by the very personalised and honest tour we took, offered by the hotel. It gave us a more authentic and realistic insight into Vietnam today, having taken several tours previous to this. The tour was excellent value for money! All the staff were really friendly and really helpful. Just be aware this is a little outside town centre but Dalat is small enough that this made no difference.

• 7th Aug 2013

JUST WEIRD In someone's attic. Big mattress on the floor (I liked it). No proper shower. Very noisy bad trance music. Bad location. I booked for 2 days but stayed 1 night. There are not really good hostel with dorms in dalat, it's better to say alone in a hotel (5$ night) and meet people at the "enjoy dalat" (bad hostel to say!) or "the hangout".

This hostel really sounded wonderful, but apparently they make a habit out of overbooking. So when we arrived at 1am from a rough sleeper bus they moved us to a really terrible guesthouse. The guesthouse they moved us to had a gross bathroom and we had to fight with owner to change the used sheets and make the bed in a tiny tiny room. Very disappointing.

Good hostel, friendly owner. Staff helpful. It's not overly clean or modern but it's got everything you need.

while the building is cute and they provide free tea and coffee all the time, the dorms have no doors. loud noise, or quiet noise, carries throughout the entire hostel. staff party with the travelers but go too hard and are not professional. bathrooms are small. consistently overbooked and don't inform you in advance. no lockers. the tour is very overpriced. its pretty far from the downtown area too. if youre looking to party in Da Lat then this isn't a bad option, but I'd look elsewhere

Great place, nice people, really feels like you are on a trip with your friends. Easy place to meet people. Take the trip with James to the elephant waterfalls, it's awesome.

We had a lot of fun, and the staff is really amasing! It is a bit away from the city center, but it doesn't really matter because it is such a small town. It is fully recomentable, if you wanna Meat some sweet People, and get personal tours instead of tours through a tourist agency!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

I arrived at Da Lat with no booking in the pouring rain after driving 8 hours by motorbike, normally I don't stay at posh looking places but being soaking wet, tired, cold and hungry I thought I deserved a break. I arrived at 6:00pm to a warm welcome, without prompt they gave me a towel and a hot cup of tea, in which I was told to wait for the owner, who would come and sort out a room for me. That's when I met Ben who offered me a Deluxe private room at the price of a dorm room ($7), probably

The reason for my stay at Villa Cam LY was a backpacking trip through Vietnam. I travelled with a good friend and we both really enjoyed our stay at "Ben and Friends"! Ben is an awesome guy! He helps you with everything and one night we prepared fresh spring rolls together (delicious and included in the price of the stay.Same4theHerbs;))His organized tour was very nice and worth the money we paid for it. First time for me to eat crickets! It was nice to see the Elephant Waterfall, bigHappyBuddha