Villa Divine Reviews

Bokeljska 16, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Staff was helpful, hostel is beautiful, and the location is bearable thanks to the bus system. Would stay again.

Thanks for the compliments! Hope that you enjoyed your stay with us! Best wishes!

A lovely hostel- great hosts, good mix of people, and a gorgeous set up. Highly reccomended!

So glad that you enjoyed your stay. Wish you all the best on you ongoing travels!

This Hostel is amazing!! More like a hotel than a hostel :) I had a great 2 nights here! The beds were compfy and the place was being cleaned all the time! The view from the balcony is awesome! And the staff are fab!! Thank you Mia for all your help and hospitality :) lovely girl who even walked me down to the bus stop on my first day and made me great pancakes :) and also thanks to Pero who had a surprise for us each night at 9pm. You are great people who made my stay as a solo traveller great!

Thanks for your kind words! We're glad that we had guest like you. Hope that we'll be able to greet you again at Villa Divine. Wish you all the best on your future travels. Cheers from Maya and Pero..! :) :)

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Extremely clean and beautiful, and the staff is great. Be careful if you spend the day there, they might end up making some pancakes and drinks for you! Ideal for all travellers who want to relax, meet other travellers or go out and party.

Thank you for your kind words! We will keep doing our best and hopefully you'll visit us again at Villa Divine!

Fantastic hostel, great view and amazing team.If you are not booking this place you will be missing a lot of fun and friends! If we ever come back to Dubrovnik we know where we are staying!Thank you for everything!See you soon.Swen

• 25th Aug 2013

Dear Guests! Thank you for your kind compliments! We are glad that you enjoyed stay. It was pleasure to have you with us in Villa Divine! We are expecting you again in the future! All the best!

One of the best hostels that I've seen. Had a great time here

Thanks! With guests like you, business is pleasure!

The staff were amazing! So helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and bedrooms clean and comfortable. Absolutely loved our stay here. The pancakes for breakfast and popcorn with a movie when it was raining were the icing on top of the cake for us. Everything you could want from a hostel and much more!

Thank you for sharing your memories from Villa Divine on-line. We will keep doing our best! Wish you all the best on your future travels.

Great and beautifully located hostel. Great common areas and friendly and very helpful staff. The 30 kn breakfast is recommended. Our room in the lower floor wasn't the best in the hostel I'm sure. Strangely we had a window to the shared bathroom (no visibility through it) which woke us up in the night when other guests turned on the light. I would recommend the staff to cover the window with a board to secure a better nights sleep for the guests.

Thanks for your kind words and your advice. We will surely take care of that, so that next time you come you'll have even better stay at Villa Divine..! All the best on your future travels and we hope that we will be able to greet you again.!

The hostel is great! Staff are excellent! Andrea, Maya and Pero are great employees! Would go back again for sure!

• 22nd Aug 2013

Thank you for your compliments! It was nice to meet you and we're glad that you enjoyed you stay at Villa Divine. Cheers from Andrea, Maya and Pero! :)

May install socket plug near beds Bed lighting is needed for bunk bed The boiling pot missed a lid Bus number 7 runs only once an hour. Should include bus no. 7 timetable and the bus stop EXACT LOCATION or provide alternatives, like transfer bus... Should tell travelers to buy tickets at newspaper stall to save money.

Thanks for your review, even though we do not quite understand your comments. All bunkbeds have bedside lamps and sockets next to the beds, adapters and additional reading lamps are available; the boiling pots in both common rooms have lids; the timetable for all local busses is on our info wall; every guests recieves 2 MAPS with the EXACT LOCATION of the bus stop and all other points of interest marked and a full explanation and lots of money saving tips such as where to buy cheaper bus tickets

I spent a fantastic 4 nights at Villa Divine. The hostel is bright, airy and clean with a superb view overlooking the water. The staff are helpful, friendly and nothing is too much trouble. They provide daily "treats" for the guests which is a great way to get everyone mixing. I was hesitant about the location when I booked as I wanted to stay in the old town. I was thoroughly relieved I didn't - the town is over run in summer and the hostel was a wonderful haven with beautiful beaches nearby.

Thank you for your compliments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to greeting you again at Villa Divine. All the best! :)

Overlooking the main bridge in Dubrovnik, Villa Divine has great installations. Everything seems brand new and super super clean. Common areas also make it easy to meet other guests and the more than lovely staff help it out preparing small surprises (like drinks) on the evenings. Staff is more than excellent. The hostel is not close to the Old Town, and getting a bus on the high season can get a little annoying, but on the other hand is very close to a lot of beaches.

Thank you for you kind words! Like you said, Villa Divine is not in the Old Town, but buses run every 10-15 minutes. It was pleasure to meet you and we wish you all the best on your future travels!

Lovely staff, atmosphere was very lively when I stayed. Would be good if staying with friends for your initial stay in Dubrovnik. Staff were very helpful, you can buy beer in the hostel and there was a party atmosphere. Washing machine is available at a cost. The hostel was very clean and near the port and main street/beaches in Dubrovnik. Ideal location to go off exploring the islands from although quite far from Old town there is a regular bus that runs there every 10 or so minutes.

• 19th Aug 2013

Thank you for your nice comments! Wish you all the best on your future travels!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Not in the centre, but that's not a bad thing - this place was just cool, with great staff, nice guests and a very pleasant overall experience.

We're glad that your stay at Villa Divine was very pleasant overall experience. Hope you had a good time in Split!

All is fine at Villa Divine! This is the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying at: the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful (they give you a food or drinks based surprise at 9pm each day); the location is quiet but close to everything; and the atmosphere encourages friendship. When I'm back in Dubrovnik, I'm coming back to Villa Divine!!

Glad we absolutely met your expectations!! See you again! :)

We stayed in the 3 bed dorm - really good spacious room, clean, wardrobe, great beds, free towels! You have to get a bus to old town, and if you want to party the taxi costs appox 120 kuna to get there (approx £12) so would consider this when looking at prices of hostels nearer the city. Would not recomend this as a party hostel, but I think this just depends on the crowd at the time. 10 min walk from copacabana beach which is really nice, 2 mins from a supermarket.

• 15th Aug 2013

Thank you for your comments. We're glad that you appreciate our facilities and location and that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Divine. Its very important for us to fulfill all the expectations of our guest and maintain highest standards. We're really sorry you're overcharged by the taxi. The average price is 75 kunas to or from Old Town. We have already complained to the taxi service. All the best on your ongoing travels. Best regards!

Not too far from the centre and close to beaches, it's a great place to stay if you want to party all night. Not so good if you actually want to sleep.

Thank you for your review! We're sorry for noise that one night. We are not a party hostel, but this particular evening some of our guests were celebrating a birthday. Hope you had a nice time in Split! Best regards!

Staff super helpful. Lovely modern clean hostel. Highly recommend.

Thanks for your kind words and glad you enjoyed your stay at Villa Divine! :)

Very friendly hostel with a fab terrace and close to some of the smaller, quieter beaches. The location is not ideal, although the staff were excellent in providing clear directions and information on everything about Dubrovnik, including bus timetables etc. I had a great stay here and would definitely return!

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Divine and hope that we will be able to greet you again in Dubrovnik!

The staff is amazing as well as the service. The rooms are very clean as well as the whole hostel. I Totally recommend!

• 11th Aug 2013

Thanks for your recommendations! It was pleasure having you at Villa Divine! :) Best wishes!