Villa Esthela

Fabulous 427 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 427 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017

i liked the place for a night. the hostel staff were really friendly and helpful. the kitchen served my needs. a bit on the side of town, but nowhere that you can't reach in a 15 minute walk.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
29th Jan 2017
8.0

Friendly staff, clean hostel, comfy beds, small kitchen but appliances work well, tv with some dvds. A little far away from main part of town compared to other hostels but nothing's too far in Antigua.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

I absolutely loved this hostel! I booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 8. The staff were incredibly helpful and the rooftop terrace is a great place to hang out. It isn't the most buzzing place for atmosphere but it was nice to go to the party hostels and have some place clean and quiet to come back to. I would definitely stay here again.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

Nice little hostel with friendly staff and guests, a good little kitchen, and nice terrace with views. Not too close to the centre but also only a few quick blocks away.

• Hungary, Male, 25-30

Clean, simple, secure.

• England, Female, 18-24
6.6

Pros: clean, secure, well equiped kitchen,roof terrace. Cons: This hostel was my least favourite of all my travels, it's not a backpacker hostel. It's pretty dingy with no atmosphere and looks like it's not been revamped in 30 years. There were nice people staying there but it felt like somewhere to stay if you're just passing through for one night and need somewhere very quiet to stay. Also the showers didn't get hot, guess it depends on the time of day?

16th Jan 2017
6.0

I have mixed feelings. It was a nice little place, but the staff was rude. Upon arriving, I had my room reservation for a single room for two people. The receptionist rudely told me that only one person was allowed and wasn't that obvious? Well it wasn't to me. Maybe it was my mistake, but she did not have to treat me how she did. As well as that, ALL other hostels we stayed at accepted our single room for two. So whoever was wrong, I don't know, but I do know she was rude and soured our stay.

• England, Couple, 31-40
15th Jan 2017

A really nice, low-key hostel with friendly, helpful staff, who booked us a tour and onward transportation. It's quite quiet, so wouldn't be suited for those looking to party, but it was perfect for us. It's worth noting that it was around a 10-minute walk into the centre of Antigua.

• England, Couple, 25-30
8th Jan 2017

Clean, comfy beds, really helpful staff, great view from the terrace, and a decent kitchen. Short walk to the centre. Also the best hot shower I've had in months! Would definitely stay here again.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017

I rated a low atmosphere, but I didn't mind that at all. My husband and I were travelling together and we were out most of the time, so no need for atmosphere. In saying that, there is a small tv room and a few seating areas. As well as the roof top, if you put yourself out there to meet people; should be easy. Staff were VERY helpful. Kitchen was basic but useable. Location was perfect and easy enough to walk to everything. Overall, very happy and I would stay again.