Villa Hostel Reviews

Teodoro da Silva, 379, Casa, Vila Isabel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Booked for 5 nights during World Cup. On 2nd night we were able to get tickets to Brazil match in Brasilia. Asked one of the directors if we only stayed for 1/5 nights, could we get some of our money back. He was 'helpful', saying he could refund us 50%,which we were happy with. Told us to email to sort it out. We did, 3 times, once in Portuguese. No email, no refund. Wooden lockers that are open at the back so easy access. Dirty location nowhere near tourist areas. Dirty beds. Horrible.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Close to the stadium and public transport. Breakfast was not worth me getting out of bed for. The room didn't seem to get cleaned the entire 5 days I was there...

Arthur&Daniel were great. I stumbled upon a time when i was one of the few females and probably one of two english speaking guests. I still felt comfortable, just a bit awkward. The hostel obviously does not have a "keep quiet!" time because i was kept up until 4am (had to wake up @ 6am for a flight) from all the guys up talking and smoking directly outside my room. the air conditioner is linked to the smoke room so you can imagine how my lungs felt the next morning. not the best neighborhood :S

The staff at Villa Hostel were amazing, they made it feel like you were home and were always willing to help. The place is a short cab ride from GIG airport and is very near the Maracana stadium as well as all the great samba schools.

Location is a bit out, but buses were so easy and it was so nice not staying in a tourist area. Gave us lots of opportunities to hang with locals, and could walk around at night. Met great people and loved my time here. Comfy bed and they weren't strict about the air con. Great common room to hang in, staff liked to party and took us out. Breakfast was bad, and it was kinda dirty if I think about it.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels