Villa Hostel Reviews

Teodoro da Silva, 379, Casa, Vila Isabel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Arthur&Daniel were great. I stumbled upon a time when i was one of the few females and probably one of two english speaking guests. I still felt comfortable, just a bit awkward. The hostel obviously does not have a "keep quiet!" time because i was kept up until 4am (had to wake up @ 6am for a flight) from all the guys up talking and smoking directly outside my room. the air conditioner is linked to the smoke room so you can imagine how my lungs felt the next morning. not the best neighborhood :S

The staff at Villa Hostel were amazing, they made it feel like you were home and were always willing to help. The place is a short cab ride from GIG airport and is very near the Maracana stadium as well as all the great samba schools.

Location is a bit out, but buses were so easy and it was so nice not staying in a tourist area. Gave us lots of opportunities to hang with locals, and could walk around at night. Met great people and loved my time here. Comfy bed and they weren't strict about the air con. Great common room to hang in, staff liked to party and took us out. Breakfast was bad, and it was kinda dirty if I think about it.

Fue muy buena nuestra estadía en el Hostel Villa Isabel. El ambiente es acogedor y todo el personal con trato muy cordial y dispuestos a ayudar. La relación precio calidad, muy buena. Esperamos volver algún día...

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Argentina
  • Couple, 41+

A perfect place to stay if you want to spendera time with the staff and othersee guests. The only thing is the location, it takes 30-40 min with bus to cobacabana. But it's worth it!

• 27th Dec 2013