Villa Leonor Reviews

Rua Costa Bastos 681, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We had a great stay at Villa Leonor. The staff was the friendliest I ever had in a hostel. The view from the outdoor terace was amazing. Breakfast was good and the price for the stay was more than fair. Just could recommend it to everyone. To get there was a little bit rough sometimes, because you had to walk a lot of steps. But therefore you had a quiet relaxing area beside the chaotic and noisy City.

• 15th Oct 2014

The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and know about all the local sambas and low keys happenings. The house is located very well for events over the weekend. Santa Teresa is a very nice neighborhood with small restaurants and bars. We were very happy here!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Really friendly and helpful staff. We were made very welcome. The view from the terrace has to be the outstanding feature of this hostel. Some really nice restaurants close by. Nice and quiet away from the busy streets of the more touristy areas of Rio. This would be my first choice if I ever come back. Thank you. Beds were maybe a little soft for my liking, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Breakfast was pretty good too. More choice than a lot of other hostels I have stayed in.

The staff at his hostel were incredibly nice and helpful. Thanks for everything David and Anna! They know everything there is to know to have a great time in Rio. Our double room was cleaned every day and the breakfast was really nice. The hostel is far from the beaches and other attractions, but taking buses in Rio is quite easy. The only downside is that the rooms are really small because the building is quite quirky, but we had a great time anyway.

Nice hostel, clean, friendly staff. Just a bit hard to get there by walking. But the view is worth the climb. Breakfast is average.

The pousada is located in Santa Theresa, wich is a charming part of the city, not far from the city center, Lapa. It will take you 10 minutes to walk down to the center, down the convenient public staircases. We stayed there two times during our trip, both rooms had a really nice view over the city. The same has the bar/terrace where a really good breakfast with home made bread is served. The breakfast on the terrace makes the stay worth it alone. All of the staff were nice and english speaking.

We absolutely loved our week long stay here. The staff are truly awesome- friendly, welcoming and helpful- they create a warm, homely atmosphere. Our private room was spacious and bright and the rooms are cleaned every day including the rubbish being emptied, which doesn't seem to happen in every hostel in South America. The terrace overlooking the city is a fantastic place to have breakfast and to relax in the evening. It is in a good location close to Laps, with good transport links.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this hostel. Great staff who speak english well. They serve a well rounded breakfast, with fresh fruit/smoothies. We were was a little worried about the location being in an unsafe neighbourhood, but by the time we left (3 days later) I felt fairly comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the staff - David and Anna in particular. On our last night out, David took us out where we drank on the street with locals - one of the highlights of our week.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts