Villa Leonor Reviews

Rua Costa Bastos 681, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We had a really good stay at this hostel. The stuff is helpful and nice. Santa Teresa is a great place to stay! Yes, you have to walk up the hill a Little (good for your fitness) but in a view minutes you are in Lapa where a lot of Bars and Clubs are and I prefer to wake up with Birdsound and not with Trafficnoise. So if you like a qiuet, cool place with a nice view and good breakfast I definitly recommend this Hostel.

No air con in the rooms and toilet seat broken. Breakfast is left out in the heat and not replenished when things run out. Staff seem disorganised but helpful.

The room had air conditioning - a brand new split system! Perhaps you couldn't work the control? Breakfast is served until 10am. We try to be accommodating but sometimes we can't replenish it for those who arrive after that time.

Can recommend here to anyone, hospitality was outstanding. Upon arrival we were greeted by Paul the owner, who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we possibly needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the hostel itself is full of character and charm. Breakfast is included and is one of the best I've had from a hostel. I also became quite ill 2 nights before we left and Paul and his staff took very good care of me.

• 17th Jan 2014