Villa Leonor Reviews

Rua Costa Bastos 681, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We absolutely loved our week long stay here. The staff are truly awesome- friendly, welcoming and helpful- they create a warm, homely atmosphere. Our private room was spacious and bright and the rooms are cleaned every day including the rubbish being emptied, which doesn't seem to happen in every hostel in South America. The terrace overlooking the city is a fantastic place to have breakfast and to relax in the evening. It is in a good location close to Laps, with good transport links.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this hostel. Great staff who speak english well. They serve a well rounded breakfast, with fresh fruit/smoothies. We were was a little worried about the location being in an unsafe neighbourhood, but by the time we left (3 days later) I felt fairly comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the staff - David and Anna in particular. On our last night out, David took us out where we drank on the street with locals - one of the highlights of our week.

We had a really good stay at this hostel. The stuff is helpful and nice. Santa Teresa is a great place to stay! Yes, you have to walk up the hill a Little (good for your fitness) but in a view minutes you are in Lapa where a lot of Bars and Clubs are and I prefer to wake up with Birdsound and not with Trafficnoise. So if you like a qiuet, cool place with a nice view and good breakfast I definitly recommend this Hostel.

No air con in the rooms and toilet seat broken. Breakfast is left out in the heat and not replenished when things run out. Staff seem disorganised but helpful.

The room had air conditioning - a brand new split system! Perhaps you couldn't work the control? Breakfast is served until 10am. We try to be accommodating but sometimes we can't replenish it for those who arrive after that time.

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts