Villa Leonor Reviews

Rua Costa Bastos 681, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pretty small room and the wi-fi wasn't great, but nice, calm place with a good view and friendly staff. Loved the area of Santa Marta and felt safe their mostly, although we got robbed in the stairway close to the hostel, so be careful!

Close to the Lapa nightlife. I hope you like stairs

Hostel was a nice villa in Santa Teresa. Easy access by bus to Copacabana, Levlon etc. although the buses took a while to get to the beaches. Staff was helpful and nice, very quiet and relaxing hostel. Recommend for families especially. If you gonna stay there prepare to climb a bit since the hostel is on top of a hill. Santa Teresa was nice, safe bohemian milieu.

The atmosphere at breakfast was ruined by the young boy constantly yelling, chasing and hitting the cats.

Had a lovely stay in Villa Leonor. Thank you for the night of live music and drinks of daiquiri.

Great place to stay, the staff was more than helpful. Anna and others made sure we had a pleasant time. Would definitely stay again, affordable and hidden this hostel allowed for some unforgettable adventures. -Jordan

• 13th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, nice staff! Thanks Anna for your attention!!

We had a great stay at Villa Leonor. The staff was the friendliest I ever had in a hostel. The view from the outdoor terace was amazing. Breakfast was good and the price for the stay was more than fair. Just could recommend it to everyone. To get there was a little bit rough sometimes, because you had to walk a lot of steps. But therefore you had a quiet relaxing area beside the chaotic and noisy City.

Nice hostel, excellent breakfast and view. Little out of the way so we moved after 3 days but if you want to stay in this location this hostel is a good choice!

The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and know about all the local sambas and low keys happenings. The house is located very well for events over the weekend. Santa Teresa is a very nice neighborhood with small restaurants and bars. We were very happy here!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • South Africa

Really friendly and helpful staff. We were made very welcome. The view from the terrace has to be the outstanding feature of this hostel. Some really nice restaurants close by. Nice and quiet away from the busy streets of the more touristy areas of Rio. This would be my first choice if I ever come back. Thank you. Beds were maybe a little soft for my liking, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Breakfast was pretty good too. More choice than a lot of other hostels I have stayed in.

The staff at his hostel were incredibly nice and helpful. Thanks for everything David and Anna! They know everything there is to know to have a great time in Rio. Our double room was cleaned every day and the breakfast was really nice. The hostel is far from the beaches and other attractions, but taking buses in Rio is quite easy. The only downside is that the rooms are really small because the building is quite quirky, but we had a great time anyway.

Nice hostel, clean, friendly staff. Just a bit hard to get there by walking. But the view is worth the climb. Breakfast is average.

The pousada is located in Santa Theresa, wich is a charming part of the city, not far from the city center, Lapa. It will take you 10 minutes to walk down to the center, down the convenient public staircases. We stayed there two times during our trip, both rooms had a really nice view over the city. The same has the bar/terrace where a really good breakfast with home made bread is served. The breakfast on the terrace makes the stay worth it alone. All of the staff were nice and english speaking.

We absolutely loved our week long stay here. The staff are truly awesome- friendly, welcoming and helpful- they create a warm, homely atmosphere. Our private room was spacious and bright and the rooms are cleaned every day including the rubbish being emptied, which doesn't seem to happen in every hostel in South America. The terrace overlooking the city is a fantastic place to have breakfast and to relax in the evening. It is in a good location close to Laps, with good transport links.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed this hostel. Great staff who speak english well. They serve a well rounded breakfast, with fresh fruit/smoothies. We were was a little worried about the location being in an unsafe neighbourhood, but by the time we left (3 days later) I felt fairly comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the staff - David and Anna in particular. On our last night out, David took us out where we drank on the street with locals - one of the highlights of our week.

We had a really good stay at this hostel. The stuff is helpful and nice. Santa Teresa is a great place to stay! Yes, you have to walk up the hill a Little (good for your fitness) but in a view minutes you are in Lapa where a lot of Bars and Clubs are and I prefer to wake up with Birdsound and not with Trafficnoise. So if you like a qiuet, cool place with a nice view and good breakfast I definitly recommend this Hostel.

No air con in the rooms and toilet seat broken. Breakfast is left out in the heat and not replenished when things run out. Staff seem disorganised but helpful.

The room had air conditioning - a brand new split system! Perhaps you couldn't work the control? Breakfast is served until 10am. We try to be accommodating but sometimes we can't replenish it for those who arrive after that time.

Can recommend here to anyone, hospitality was outstanding. Upon arrival we were greeted by Paul the owner, who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we possibly needed to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the hostel itself is full of character and charm. Breakfast is included and is one of the best I've had from a hostel. I also became quite ill 2 nights before we left and Paul and his staff took very good care of me.

• 17th Jan 2014

The hostel has a homely vibe, not too much of a touristy area which is great, it's a short walk from some bars a and restaurants near Lapa and is easy to access the buses to other parts of Rio, like Ipanema and Copacabana. Lovely view from the veranda.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4