Villa Maddalena studios, hotel & hostel Reviews

Agios Ionais (near Aqualand), Corfu, Greece

The staff at Villa Magdalena are amazing, kind people who create an atmosphere that completely embodies the spirit of Greek hospitality.

They are affiliated with the pink palace and ended up bringing me there instead, so even if you are trying to avoid the 18year olds getting too drunk you may not have a choice

I didn't stay in this hostel, but nonetheless, i don't recommend. The owner came to pick me up, which is good, as the public transportation there is bad. Then she told me that in her hostel there were only couples, and, as i was alone, i wouldn't meet others, and she could bring me to another hostel that had more young people, the Pink Palace. I said yes thinking that it was her hostel too, so it would be eeasy to change my reservation but it wasn't, and i ended up paying more.

Located in a beautiful area away from the city stress.Lovely hostel close to amazing beaches,wind yards,olive trees!Pefect for bicycling,running and work out!The staff was just amazing!So generous, warm and lovely people!The pool is nice and the bar has cheap good drinks!The hostel staff makes nice dinner and helps with anything you ask for!The beautiful Corfu town is good for shopping and also swimming.I felt like home from the first day and would definitely go back anytime!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Whilst they are up front about not being central, I didn't realise just how far away from everything this place is. If you have a car you will be fine but relying on the bus or the staff to drive you around is not an option. The venue itself is nice enough, and if you are looking to get away from it all and not leave the hostel this is ideal, but for me I spent so much on taxis getting to and form the place I would have been better booking a hotel.