Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

This hotel was an amazing find for us. We ended up waiting a while for our room to be ready, so Poppy actually let us upgrade to a luxury room. It was absolutely beautiful. It takes about 25 minutes to walk to the main part of Fira, but we just rented an ATV which was really fun. The whole staff at Villa Manos did everything they could to help us. They even gave us a ride to the port when we missed our tour bus! Shoutout to the cabana bartender Eddie for making beautiful cocktails :)

• 20th May 2015

The twin room we had was very spacious, with the sea visible from the balcony and a small kitchen area. Staff was friendly. Would recommend if you don't mind the 15-20 minute walk to centre of Fira.

really good accommodation on santorini. (Also make sure to email ahead so you get picked up from the airport/port as they do free transfers! They picked me up from the port at 1am) 5 mins drive from fira, bus stop right out front that so the whole island is accessible. there is a pool and bar and you can organize excursions / rent ATVs through villa manos.

Best value for your money in Santorini for sure! Pool side bar is alway fun and the staff is great. Only down side is its 5 mins out of town but there is a super cheap bus that cone all the time so it wasn't really and issue.

Most helpful and wonderful staff!

We stayed here five nights and loved the entire trip. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to Fira, but it's better to take the bus since the roads don't have sidewalks! The food at the hostel is great. I would recommend having breakfast here if you don't mind spending an extra couple euro and they treat you like kings! Drinks are cheap and the pool area is the best. We spent a whole day just at the hostel because it was such a good area to hang out at. Will stay here next time!!

• 14th May 2015

From the moment we arrived at the port, we were greeted by smiling and welcoming faces. Such a nice change from Athens. (Thanks Peter!)When we arrived at the hotel we met poppy and were immediately included in part of her tight knit family at villa manis. Her staff were available and willing to answer any questions or to help us in any way possible. The rooms were an extremely good value! We had our own mini fridge, balcony, large shower and air conditioning. Definitely recommend!

Would very highly recommend Villa Manos! We had a lovely stay. Mrs Poppy and her staff is delightful, personable and very eager to help. Can assist in booking transportation, ATV rentals, tours and more. Only a 20 minute walk to the main town of Fira. The accommodation was beautiful and cleaned daily and the pool and bar was a great time. Thanks for everything Mrs Poppy :)

Poppy and the staff were informative and nice, rooms were small but clean. But, it is a long walk to Fira (20-30min) on a road without a sidewalk for part of the way and cars drive very fast and dangerously. I emailed 48 hrs in advance and didn't get picked up from the airport (they offered to rent us towels for free since we had to take a cab for 15 euro) and it cost 15 euro to be dropped of the the port at the end of our stay. We wished we stayed closer to Fira or Oia for convenience.

We stayed for three nights at Villa Manos and had a great time. The hotel is beautiful with a fantastic pool area with lots of sun chairs, a bar and a view of the ocean. Poppy and her husband were extremely helpful with pick ups from the port. Poppy even gave us a bottle of wine when we left! Villa Manos is about a 15 minute walk into the main town Thira.

Amazing time! Thanks so much for everything!

• 9th May 2015

Definatley recommend this place. poppy and her team went above and beyond to make my stay perfect

WOW! Villa Manos was absolutely amazing! The best hostel by far! Value for money is amazing and the staff make you feel like family! They are extremely helpful and are always willing to spend time giving you advice or directions. The view from the hostel is spectacular as well. The rooms were very clean and cute and they made the beds and replaced linens everyday. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I felt not happy when their staff took all my clothes that were being hang on clothes line, put them on the table in the garden but didn´t inform me. And the table was dusty. At that time, we already checked-out but i still kept my clothes on the clothes line because we would come back in the evening to get our luggage. I really didn´t understand why they did like that.

Amazing family run place. The staff including the bartenders were very friendly, helpful and super fun.

Absolutely loved my time here in Santorini! The Manos family are extremely welcoming, helpful and lovely. Would not hesitate to recommend or book here again. Thank you :)

I had the best stay at Villa Manos! It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Poppy is so kind and lovely! She treats everyone like family and even gave me a bottle of Greek wine when I left. All of the staff are such wonderful people. Eddie, Dimitris and Johnny are some of the best guys I have ever met. They gave me a free try of Ouzo and some Greek wine and were always happy and smiling. I had so much fun there and I cant wait to go back one day!

• 1st May 2015

Good value for money, friendly staff.

The staff were very helpful and kind. They gave us a map and told us the attractions that we should see. But the location was not as good. The nearest working bus-stop is quite far away from the hostel. When the sun sets, there is no street lamps from the nearest bus-stop to the hostel so it was quite dark.

I stayed at Villa Manos with two friends and absolutely loved it. It's a family run hostel, and Poppy is the best. The entire staff was very accommodating and coordinated tours of the Caldera and ATV rentals for us. Villa Manos is a short 5 euro cab ride to Fira, or a 10 minute walk. It feels like a hotel, and it's nice to have a pool (with a bar) and a place to grab breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and have already recommended it to friends headed to Santorini.

• 23rd Apr 2015