Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

Great value on such an expensive island. Staff were super friendly, organising travel and trips for us and all facilities were great. Close to a bus stop and easy walking distance from Thira although the road isn't the safest for that. But would definitely stay again :)

• 15th Aug 2014

I would not stay here again. I booked a room 3 months in advance and decided to add another night a month out. When I did that some how someone double booked my room. I receive multiple emails from poppy telling me to move to her other hotel or cancel my reservation. I called her to try and sort it out and she told me she didn't like trouble and she would cancel my reservation and then hung up on me! She then did not respond to my mails for 3 days. Had to get hostelworld involved. Do not stay.

We booked Villa Manos because we would land in Santorini at 03 AM and needed a place to crash until the ferry for Naxos left in the afternoon. Poppy from Villa Manos was so incredibly kind and waited up for us at 3.30 in the morning to check us in, and the next day arranged for us to be transported to the port. She also gave us a bottle of wine and was all smiles. Compared to how short we stayed, it was a kindness and service I've never seen before.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Really friendly and helpful

Villa Manos was a great place to spend a couple of days on holiday. The villa was beautifully decorated and more than suited my needs. The grounds were really well kept and maintained and the pool was lovely. The rooms were cleaned and towels changed everyday. The distance from town was 2km which I often walked as the buses were not overly reliable. However it was only 5 euros back in a taxi. They offer a free ride to th airport. Poppy, owner, was an interesting character - kind and reactive

Absolutely amazing experience! We thought we booked for a hostel but felt more like we were staying in a hotel! Staff were amazing! Rooms seemed newly updated and so clean. Location was prime right next to the bus stop even though it was walking distance to the nearest town like 15 minutes! Offered to pick us up from docking port and even gave a bottle of wine as a thank you for staying gift! Amazing deal for money! Will definitely recommend to future visiting family and friends! : )

• 5th Aug 2014

We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome at Villa Manos. Nothing was too much trouble. Very informative of things to do and wiling to give directions. My sister who I was travelling with came down with a bad cold / fever the day we arrived in Santorini and Poppy gave her medication to help her temperature along with the name of medication she needed to get from the chemist. When we checked out we were even given a bottle of wine. The rooms were clean and modern. Great pool area.

What a great stay with lovely staff.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great value for money, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Would 100% recommend staying here on your trip to Santorini

Very nice staff! They gave us an explanation about the island =) I strongly recommend Villa Manos

The staff was very sympatic and helpful. Although the facilites are in need of renovation. They help with car & bike & atv rental. A bit earlier check-out (11.00 am) is a minus.

Absolutely charming hostel, one of the best I have stayed at. Absolutely lovely hosts who are always willing to help you with anything! I stayed here for 5 days, the hostel was extremely clean, there is a bus stop at the end of the drive which takes you directly into Thira centre in 5 minutes. The staff are very knowledgable and can help you with pick ups and transfers to and from the airports/ports etc, also with bus timetables, and tours! The food was absolutely lovely here with lots of choice

• 24th Jul 2014

The most friendly family run resort in Santorini, the facilities and staff are just incredible.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Villa Manos was a fantastic hostel, which was very affordable. Poppy and her family were so kind and always willing to help us out with things to do/anything we needed. The rooms were big and clean and the hostel overall was perfectly run with great facilities. I would highly reccomend Villa Manos to everyone! The only thing I would say is the location isnt the best as it is 5 minutes out of Fira - which is fine if you hire quad bikes. Poppy also gave us a bottle of wine when we left, class!

Highly recommend , close to tone.nice rooms, air can. Bar and pool and geat friendly staff!!!

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The owners were amazing, really hospitable and friendly. Our room was lovely, really clean and modern, a very high standard. We only stayed here three nights as part of a longer trip but would choose to come back here over other places we stayed. We both agree we could have happily spent the entire trip at this hotel exploring Santorini.

• 19th Jul 2014

We stayed at Villa Manos for 2 nights and absolutely loved our stay! Poppy and staff greeted us with a warm welcome and gave us lots of info so we could navigate around town on the bus, etc. She also helped us book an excursion to view all of Santorini in one day (a must do!). The rooms were very clean and modern with A/C, a kitchen sink, fridge, kitchen table. The bathroom even had a rain shower head! On check out we were given a complimentary bottle of wine! Would most definitely stay again.

• 19th Jul 2014

Maybe you should try to communicate with the guests through emails, especially those from another country, not everyone can call, and what you say on the phone has no proof.

Villa manos is the best! Couldn't fault anything and you would be silly not to stay there. Poppy and her family were so helpful and made our stay in santorini the best it could have been!

The hostel is fantastic. Everything was flawless except the location. It's a 30 minute walk from the main town which we hadn't realised. Hiring quad bikes quickly solved the problem. Otherwise we had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4