Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

Location was really nice and picturesque, frequent buses to the city center and back. Cafe, Pool and bar were definitely a plus. Very friendly staff and attentive to all requests. Suggested tours that helped plan the stay on the island.

This isn't in the busiest part of Santorini, but there's a bus stop right about 50 feet from the hotel that takes you to Fira. If you wanted to walk to Fira, it's about a 15-20 minute walk. The staff is very friendly and helped us with any questions we had! Go here if you want to get away from the tourist area.

Our stay at Villa Manos was amazing. Poppy and her family are the sweetest people, always making sure her clients are happy. The breakfast menu is nothing short of delicious and the pool and bar area is very nice, with a pretty view of the ocean. The rooms are very clean and beds were comfortable. The hotel is right next to a bus station from which you can catch buses that go to all the different beaches. It is about a 20 minute walk to the center of Fira town. Villa Manos is a must stay!!!!!!

• 8th Jun 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Manos. The hostel was perfect but as in other reviews, we were also asked to stay in their other accommodation which is closer to town. When I asked about the facilities, it turned out there was no pool etc at this new place so I'm very glad we didn't accept it (if we didn't want a pool, we would have booked accommodation in the town). Town is walking distance but bit dark and on main road at night but buses are very easy to use

Very appreciative of Poppy's hospitality and quickness at arranging our guided tour at the last minute. Even though we were only in Santorini for a day and a half, by staying at Villa Manos we were able to get a great glimpse at life on the island. It was a little hectic and a bit of a whirlwind when we arrived at the hostel after our evening flight and were immediately asked to stay in the hostel's second location after traveling all day, but I did appreciate their hospitality.

• 5th Jun 2015

I am a 29 year old female solo traveler. I caution all female travelers this is not a safe hotel to stay in. After I pre booked my room weeks in advance and paid a deposit and paid in full upon arrival. I was asked if I could stay at a different property on my last night. On my last day I was driven to a seedy part of town and taken through 3 alley ways as my alternative accommodation. Once I refused and asked for the accommodations I booked I was taken back and a room was was available.Horrible

Overall decent place to stay. They overcharge you for drives to Oia - might be better off taking a cab. Good breakfast, atmosphere and pool. Staff are friendly and always there to help. Would not recommend getting your laundry done here.

The boss in the hostel Miss Poppy was hypocritical. She is, however, a very professional business woman. You will get your requests done once you show your money on hand. Moreover, one night we booked the shuttle supplied by the hostel from Oia going back to the hostel at 2300. We waited for half an hour until 2330 and we decided to take taxi going back to hostel. And we actually got blamed...

Two friends and I stayed at Villa Manos for one night. Our expirience was amazing thanks to the staff.

• 30th May 2015

Great facility. Stunning view, right on the beach. Has the look and feel of a cave house. Breakfast included +++ Only downside is that the local buses don't run during off-season so have to take a taxi, which can add up.

everything is good, highly recommend!!

This hotel was an amazing find for us. We ended up waiting a while for our room to be ready, so Poppy actually let us upgrade to a luxury room. It was absolutely beautiful. It takes about 25 minutes to walk to the main part of Fira, but we just rented an ATV which was really fun. The whole staff at Villa Manos did everything they could to help us. They even gave us a ride to the port when we missed our tour bus! Shoutout to the cabana bartender Eddie for making beautiful cocktails :)

• 20th May 2015

The twin room we had was very spacious, with the sea visible from the balcony and a small kitchen area. Staff was friendly. Would recommend if you don't mind the 15-20 minute walk to centre of Fira.

really good accommodation on santorini. (Also make sure to email ahead so you get picked up from the airport/port as they do free transfers! They picked me up from the port at 1am) 5 mins drive from fira, bus stop right out front that so the whole island is accessible. there is a pool and bar and you can organize excursions / rent ATVs through villa manos.

Best value for your money in Santorini for sure! Pool side bar is alway fun and the staff is great. Only down side is its 5 mins out of town but there is a super cheap bus that cone all the time so it wasn't really and issue.

Most helpful and wonderful staff!

We stayed here five nights and loved the entire trip. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to Fira, but it's better to take the bus since the roads don't have sidewalks! The food at the hostel is great. I would recommend having breakfast here if you don't mind spending an extra couple euro and they treat you like kings! Drinks are cheap and the pool area is the best. We spent a whole day just at the hostel because it was such a good area to hang out at. Will stay here next time!!

• 14th May 2015

When we arrived, they kindly greeted us and offered us tea and coffee. We were given a suite that was ready so that we could go and rest. Everything for the same price as our two rooms we had originally booked. They helped my group rent ATVs and find a ferry. It was a great experience. Poppy even gave us a complimentary wine bottle for our stay. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 12th May 2015

From the moment we arrived at the port, we were greeted by smiling and welcoming faces. Such a nice change from Athens. (Thanks Peter!)When we arrived at the hotel we met poppy and were immediately included in part of her tight knit family at villa manis. Her staff were available and willing to answer any questions or to help us in any way possible. The rooms were an extremely good value! We had our own mini fridge, balcony, large shower and air conditioning. Definitely recommend!

Would very highly recommend Villa Manos! We had a lovely stay. Mrs Poppy and her staff is delightful, personable and very eager to help. Can assist in booking transportation, ATV rentals, tours and more. Only a 20 minute walk to the main town of Fira. The accommodation was beautiful and cleaned daily and the pool and bar was a great time. Thanks for everything Mrs Poppy :)