Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

Would very highly recommend Villa Manos! We had a lovely stay. Mrs Poppy and her staff is delightful, personable and very eager to help. Can assist in booking transportation, ATV rentals, tours and more. Only a 20 minute walk to the main town of Fira. The accommodation was beautiful and cleaned daily and the pool and bar was a great time. Thanks for everything Mrs Poppy :)

Poppy and the staff were informative and nice, rooms were small but clean. But, it is a long walk to Fira (20-30min) on a road without a sidewalk for part of the way and cars drive very fast and dangerously. I emailed 48 hrs in advance and didn't get picked up from the airport (they offered to rent us towels for free since we had to take a cab for 15 euro) and it cost 15 euro to be dropped of the the port at the end of our stay. We wished we stayed closer to Fira or Oia for convenience.

We stayed for three nights at Villa Manos and had a great time. The hotel is beautiful with a fantastic pool area with lots of sun chairs, a bar and a view of the ocean. Poppy and her husband were extremely helpful with pick ups from the port. Poppy even gave us a bottle of wine when we left! Villa Manos is about a 15 minute walk into the main town Thira.

Amazing time! Thanks so much for everything!

• 9th May 2015

Definatley recommend this place. poppy and her team went above and beyond to make my stay perfect

WOW! Villa Manos was absolutely amazing! The best hostel by far! Value for money is amazing and the staff make you feel like family! They are extremely helpful and are always willing to spend time giving you advice or directions. The view from the hostel is spectacular as well. The rooms were very clean and cute and they made the beds and replaced linens everyday. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

I felt not happy when their staff took all my clothes that were being hang on clothes line, put them on the table in the garden but didn´t inform me. And the table was dusty. At that time, we already checked-out but i still kept my clothes on the clothes line because we would come back in the evening to get our luggage. I really didn´t understand why they did like that.

Amazing family run place. The staff including the bartenders were very friendly, helpful and super fun.

Absolutely loved my time here in Santorini! The Manos family are extremely welcoming, helpful and lovely. Would not hesitate to recommend or book here again. Thank you :)

I had the best stay at Villa Manos! It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Poppy is so kind and lovely! She treats everyone like family and even gave me a bottle of Greek wine when I left. All of the staff are such wonderful people. Eddie, Dimitris and Johnny are some of the best guys I have ever met. They gave me a free try of Ouzo and some Greek wine and were always happy and smiling. I had so much fun there and I cant wait to go back one day!

• 1st May 2015

The most amazing place to stay !! The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms were huge and offered everything we needed. The location is perfect, very close to town. The staff here were always willing to go above and beyond to make your stay as good as possible. The bar by the pool is fantastic And a great way to unwind after a day at the beach. The pools is amazing- also given a bottle of wine on departure. Simply a must !!! Can't wait to return one day !

MUST STAY HERE !!! The best accommodation I have ever had. Staff were just exceptional, made it feel like home. We were all so sad to leave. The owners are beautiful and truly have a strong passion for their business. Wish I could live here !!! Thank u for an unforgettable holiday

Good value for money, friendly staff.

The staff were very helpful and kind. They gave us a map and told us the attractions that we should see. But the location was not as good. The nearest working bus-stop is quite far away from the hostel. When the sun sets, there is no street lamps from the nearest bus-stop to the hostel so it was quite dark.

I stayed at Villa Manos with two friends and absolutely loved it. It's a family run hostel, and Poppy is the best. The entire staff was very accommodating and coordinated tours of the Caldera and ATV rentals for us. Villa Manos is a short 5 euro cab ride to Fira, or a 10 minute walk. It feels like a hotel, and it's nice to have a pool (with a bar) and a place to grab breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and have already recommended it to friends headed to Santorini.

• 23rd Apr 2015

We had the most excellent stay at Villa Manos! Poppy and the rest of the crew were attentive and made us feel like truly special guests. Though it is a bit outside of town, Villa Manos is not to be overlooked since there is a bus stop a block up the street, you can rent an ATV, or take a cab which is pretty cheap. If you decide to walk to the center of Fira, it's about 20 minutes (and there's a small Shetland pony that lives in a feild of flowers!) We can't imagine Santorini without Villa Manos

• 19th Apr 2015

This place was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The rooms were spacious and beautiful, the pool and bar were fun and nice, and the staff was world class, especially Poppy. She was so sweet, helpful, and welcoming; for a goodbye gift, my friends and I were even given a bottle of red wine. When I return to Santorini, I will definitely come again. Thank you Villa Manos!!

Villa Manos is amazing. By far the best value for money of anywhere I've stayed, it's got great rooms (and big bathrooms!) that are extremely clean and cozy. It's less than a 10 minute drive from the airport and everywhere else on the island is easily accessible. Poppy, the owner, her husband, and their staff are so wonderful; they made us feel like family from day one of our stay. I couldn't recommend Villa Manos enough. If you're looking for a place to stay in Santorini, you've found it!

• 18th Apr 2015

Villa Manos was absolutely amazing. None of us had ever traveled to Santorini before and the stay at Villa Manos made it so worth it. Not only did they provide free transport from the airport but advised you different excursions you could go on and set it all up for you. Poppy and Vagelli made the place feel like home and we were so sad to leave. If I ever make it back to Santorini I will definitely stay again.

• 17th Apr 2015