Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

This isn't in the busiest part of Santorini, but there's a bus stop right about 50 feet from the hotel that takes you to Fira. If you wanted to walk to Fira, it's about a 15-20 minute walk. The staff is very friendly and helped us with any questions we had! Go here if you want to get away from the tourist area.

Our stay at Villa Manos was amazing. Poppy and her family are the sweetest people, always making sure her clients are happy. The breakfast menu is nothing short of delicious and the pool and bar area is very nice, with a pretty view of the ocean. The rooms are very clean and beds were comfortable. The hotel is right next to a bus station from which you can catch buses that go to all the different beaches. It is about a 20 minute walk to the center of Fira town. Villa Manos is a must stay!!!!!!

• 8th Jun 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Villa Manos. The hostel was perfect but as in other reviews, we were also asked to stay in their other accommodation which is closer to town. When I asked about the facilities, it turned out there was no pool etc at this new place so I'm very glad we didn't accept it (if we didn't want a pool, we would have booked accommodation in the town). Town is walking distance but bit dark and on main road at night but buses are very easy to use

Very appreciative of Poppy's hospitality and quickness at arranging our guided tour at the last minute. Even though we were only in Santorini for a day and a half, by staying at Villa Manos we were able to get a great glimpse at life on the island. It was a little hectic and a bit of a whirlwind when we arrived at the hostel after our evening flight and were immediately asked to stay in the hostel's second location after traveling all day, but I did appreciate their hospitality.

• 5th Jun 2015

I am a 29 year old female solo traveler. I caution all female travelers this is not a safe hotel to stay in. After I pre booked my room weeks in advance and paid a deposit and paid in full upon arrival. I was asked if I could stay at a different property on my last night. On my last day I was driven to a seedy part of town and taken through 3 alley ways as my alternative accommodation. Once I refused and asked for the accommodations I booked I was taken back and a room was was available.Horrible

Overall decent place to stay. They overcharge you for drives to Oia - might be better off taking a cab. Good breakfast, atmosphere and pool. Staff are friendly and always there to help. Would not recommend getting your laundry done here.

The boss in the hostel Miss Poppy was hypocritical. She is, however, a very professional business woman. You will get your requests done once you show your money on hand. Moreover, one night we booked the shuttle supplied by the hostel from Oia going back to the hostel at 2300. We waited for half an hour until 2330 and we decided to take taxi going back to hostel. And we actually got blamed...

Two friends and I stayed at Villa Manos for one night. Our expirience was amazing thanks to the staff.

• 30th May 2015