Villa Manos Reviews

Karterados, Fira, Santorini, Greece

We had a lovely stay here. Owners were very nice, picked us up and dropped us at airport. Rooms were clean. Pool area very nice. Location is fine, about 20 min walk from Santorini town but bus stop out front for easy access in and out. Great stay!

Awesome place to stay! The owners are very welcoming and friendly. They upgraded my friends and I to a beautiful suite without our request and even gave us a bottle of wine! The villas are brand new with great views of the sea from the balconies. I highly recommend staying here if you plan on renting a car. There is a bus station right up the street if you want to use public transportation. This hostel is a quick drive to old town and the beaches. Make sure you go to Oia for the sunset!

• 10th May 2014

Amazing place! Poppy who runs it is such a nice lady! About a fifteen minute walk into Fira, but a bus stop right outside the villa. Would highly recommend!

Poppy is so awesome! As two female travellers we felt very safe and comfortable at Villa Manos. Poppy watches out for you and makes sure you are safe and comfortable. Great value for money! Easy access to near by towns by public bus that is right up the street from the hotel. Loved it here! Highly recommended

• 6th May 2014

Friendly staff, very clean rooms. My single room was a bit pokey and facing the back so not a place to hang out like some of the other rooms. They drove me to and from the port (fantastic service), were always friendly, and the bar was a friendly place to meet people and chat. Very clean, modern rooms that also had character (tv but only a few channels) The wifi didn't always work in my room. Long walk to town and its not a walker-friendly road (v narrow due to ex-donkey track). Buses infrequent

This hostel is absolutely amazing!!! It was like a resort and soooo cheap! The bus and beaches and tours and towns are right there or so close. Port transfers were amazing as well! Poppy and her husband are absolute angels and so so helpful with everything and anything. If I return to santorini I will definitely stay there again! :)

The best service that I have ever received at ANY hostel. The lady at the front desk worked tirelessly to make sure we were getting the best possible experience Santorini had to offer. Even gave us a free bottle of local Greek wine as we left! Would definitely come back again!

• 4th May 2014

Poppy and her husband were very lovely and friendly. When I arrived, my room wasn't ready yet, so she gave me a free glass of wine and a pastry while I waited. Then she upgraded me to a nicer suite because it was the first room ready. The room was great, like a hotel resort, the only thing was that the shower leaks through the bottom. There isn't much within walking distance but the bus stop is right in front. I was also given a free pick up and drop off to the airport which was great!

• 4th May 2014

Poppy was great! The free transfers to and from the port as well as the wealth of information about tours/ATV rentals/pretty much everything about Santorini were extremely helpful!

• 30th Apr 2014

STAY HERE. Just do it. It is by far the nicest accommodation I have ever had in a 'hostel'. It's more like a hotel, and you can't beat the price! Poppy is the best and nicest woman ever. She even gave me a ride into town one night. The rooms were super clean, and nice and spacious. The whole place is just wonderful. You won't regret your stay at Villa Manos :)

Excellent. Great experience overall no questions

The staff was SO accommodating! I got an upgrade to an incredible room with a full kitchen and a beautiful balcony. The pool area is stunning. It's bit of a walk to town, so advisable to take a cab back at night.

Amazing hostel with a very friendly staff with an unbeatable price!

• 27th Apr 2014

My friend and I stayed three nights last week and had the time of our lives! Everyone on the staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and looked brand new. We also thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor bar! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone going to Santorini. Great people & place!

• 27th Apr 2014

Poppy is very nice in arranging free shuttle service to and from the Ferry port even it is a midnight arrival/ departure. The room (four beds + ensuite) is exceptional with the prices you are paying. This place is quite big off Fira and it is a short ATV ride from the city core. The room I stayed in has a beautiful view of the sunrise. Laundry service is available if needed. In addition, they clean the room each day just like a hotel!

The hostel was about a 15-20 minute walk to the town or Thira (Fira) but there is regular bus service if you are not up for the walk. The staff was amazing, and could not have asked for a better place to stay. They have a lovely pool as well. Santorini was our favourite part of this our trip and Villa Manos made it even greater.

Really enjoyed my stay at Villa Manos the location was great, the hosts very accommodating and would love to come back again some time in the near future.

• 13th Apr 2014

Wonderful hostel aka resort!! Poppy and the rest of the staff were absolutely amazing and were extremely helpful with anything we needed. We did not want to leave and will definitely be returning as soon as we can! Thanks for everything!

• 13th Apr 2014

The hospitality was great. It felt like we were staying at a relatives house. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and a short ride from Fira. Really enjoyed our experience there and would definitely recommend to all my friends!

I can not speak highly enough of Villa Manos! Poppy and her husband might be angels sent from god, ive never met such kind people in all my life. Upon my arrival, Poppy's husband met us down at the sea port, took my suitcase for me and drove us to the villa! Everything was perfect! Every day, someone was in the reception area ready and willing to help us! Upon my departure, we took a photo by the pool and she gave me a bottle of wine! I will be back to santorini someday, cant wait to see poppy!