8.5
Fabulous 111 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 111 Total Reviews
Villa Merry No 1 at the Khan River Located at Visun Village, , Luang Prabang.
Laos
Luang Prabang Luang Prabang 6000 Visun Village
85% 111
19.8869447 102.1411424
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

We felt the location was really great, just off the Main Street and it sat right on the river, giving a nice view. The staff here were friendly, and we enjoyed chatting with the volunteers at the hostel who were travellers as well. If you're looking for a place to socialize this wasn't it, but it was very close to Utopia which is a hot spot for drinks and nightlife. We just felt like it was a bit expensive to stay here, breakfast wasn't included and we also had to pay for the map of the town.

16th Oct 2016

Fantastic staff, service, setting and facilities. Would totally recommend booking this place and would be very happy to stay here again.

26th Jul 2016
6.9

This place is more like a hotel than a hostel - there isn't a communal area aside from the restaurant and I didn't meet anyone while here. Staff wasn't too friendly but no major issues. Location is good - short walk to everything. Room was fine - mine had a fridge which was nice. My room also had a balcony but for some reason hotel staff was using my balcony to hang / dry towels. I literally got out of the shower with the curtain opened and there was a woman on my balcony - no privacy!

• England, Couple, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

We had a lovely stay at Villa Merry! The staff were incredibly helpful and room was really comfortable! The only thing for us was room was a tad to dusty, so it affected asthma however after airing the room out it was okay. We would stay here again!

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
8.0

Me and my boyfriend stayed here and it was really enjoyable, comfortable stay! Our room overlooked the Mekong River and it felt really special for the price we paid. Rachel, one of the owners was super helpful when we needed advice on a hospital to go to as I injured my leg. Was great for me as I had a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay whilst I recovered.

• India, Couple, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

Beautiful place by the river. It would be nice to have a net on the windows since there are quite a few insects in the air near the river. Location is bit outside the main center, but the staff is super awesome and the city is a delight.

• rafiquaisrael928287
  • South Africa, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2016
5.7

The one owner of this guesthouse ruined the experience for me by accusing me indirectly of doing a “runaway without pay”. The room with a view is not worth the money- the window is so tiny you cant see anything anyway. Wifi didnt work. No shampoo in shampoo bottle. Was given the oldest room in the building. Too much furniture cluttering the room. I must walked into it a dozen times trying to make my way from the door to the bed in the dark (no bedside lights)

• Australia, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016

This is easily the best hotel in luang probahng. Staff were fantastic and looked after me so much after a rather nasty incidents on a night out, they went so far above and beyond. The Women running this place (One American and one Australian) truly know how to run a great place. Thank you so much.

• itsveryjordan
  • New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

A tidy guesthouse about a ten minute walk away from the night market/Main Street. We had a nice stay here, its proximity to good food and views at Utopia was helpful, as we weren't fans of the breakfast provided. Overall, would recommend!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
9th Jun 2016

This place is incredible! A+ for everything!