8.0
Fabulous 267 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 267 Total Reviews
Villa Micika Located at Mata Vodopica 10, , Dubrovnik.
Croatia
Dubrovnik Dubrovacko-neretvanska Zupanija 20000 Mata Vodopica 10
80% 267
42.6551087 18.0744194
    Rooms available

15th Aug 2016

Tony was great! He gave a lot of good suggestions for where to go in Dubrovnik and booked an island tour for us (along with free pickup from the hostel). He also was a big help with the bus routes and schedules. Villa Micika is in a perfect location too, right by the beach and the bus stop to the Old Town! Definitely would stay there again.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
14th Aug 2016

Nice clean place with just private rooms (some with a little balcony). Friendly & helpful owner who printed our bus tickets for free, and a fridge, microwave and barbecue to use. Big supermarket and restaurant strip within 2min walk, 5min to a beach, but 45min to walk into the old town (frequent bus nearby). Bit of a trek from the bus station (30min partly uphill walk, or local bus every hour off peak). Bit expensive for our budget but so is everywhere in Dubrovnik!

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016
6.6

Quite far from old town, which is probably the main reason to visit Dubrovnik. There weren't really other people for me to talk to - so there just wasn't really an atmosphere. That being said the owners were incredibly nice and helpful - offered to drive me to my ferry early in the morning and shared there watermelon with me when I was sitting by myself on the patio (because this was the only place I had any wifi). Cleanliness wasn't the greatest either. I guess it wasn't what I expected.

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016
7.7

Great location, easy to find. 6 bed dorm very hot in August but there was a fan supplied. WiFi does not reach the dorm. Otherwise very pleasant.

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016
6.6

A word of caution to other potential guests: the 5-bed dorm is in a (slightly smelly) basement with little sunlight and without AC. Judging by the other reviews, the other rooms seem to be better located. There is a fridge and some plates and cutlery in the common room, but if you decide to use them you'll have to wash these dishes in the bathroom sink, which is inconvenient and doesn't feel very hygienic. That said, the location is good. Close to the beach, a bus stop, restaurants, supermarket.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

The space and facilities were very good. We didnt realize the location was so great! A few blocks down the path from the beach, along a strip of outdoor restaurants, very close to a main bus stop which was so easy to use, and by the supermarket. The downside was that wifi did not reach our room.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Very cozy hostel with a cute living area outside of the dorm. The owner is fantastic, we were upgraded to a private room our last night which was great! Wifi doesn't work directly in the dorm building but there is a patio sitting area just outside of the reception. Not directly in old town Dubrovnik but not far from the bus station, about 7 minutes from old town. Down the street from a great beach and so many great cocktail bars!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016
5.1

I rarely write reviews but I feel inclined to because I really can't believe this hostel has a rating of 8.5... We were sleeping in a basement room which had hardly any sunlight or ventilation and stunk of damp / mould. The mattresses were thin with old linen. There is a outdoor sitting area which is fine but there's no atmosphere - not that we were after a party hostel at all. Lapad is alright but I'd stay in Old Town next time. Very overpriced for what you get. All that said, owners are nice.

8th Jul 2016

My primary issue was that I was in a room that was in a separate building from the main house and the wifi didn't reach there. If I wanted Internet, I had to go hang out in his office or just outside of it (both were a little awkward). Otherwise, it was very spacious and the grounds were really neat. Incredibly close to a beach area and it's easy to get to the old city. The host is super nice and helpful.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2016

I absolutely loved staying here. An easy ten minute bus ride from the Old Town made it easy to do the touristy stops. But I loved staying in the new part of town! Right near a long walkway of restaurants and shops (and a beach!), It was a beautiful location. Also a supermarket across the street was great for a cheap breakfast as well, with access to refrigerator and silverware. The owner also had lots of suggestions that were helpful . I was sad to leave!