Villa Park Reviews

Magura-Moeciu No. 9A, Magura village, Moieciu commune, Brasov, Romania

Fantastically located in beautiful countryside the hostel has a really rustic feel which suits it's surroundings. Joseph and his family were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, he kindly picked us up from Brasov station and I'm glad we took him up on his offer! Trails in the area were well marked and great for hiking. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come and stay here again!

Joseph, the guy who runs the hostel, is the most lovely person you will ever meet. The farm is beautiful, the town of Magura is really just a bunch of farms, and you're right in the middle of the most amazing mountain landscapes. Cannot recommend this place enough. Get Joseph to pick you up (costs 80 lei for up to three people) and get him to take you to the bear sanctuary! It was amazing. This place was the highlight of my Romania trip. If you like the outdoors, you must go.

I cannot rate this place any higher! I had the loveliest stay. Joseph is the most welcoming host you'll ever meet. He took me sight seeing and answered all one billion of my questions. One tip, get him to pick you up! It's really hard to get there with public transport and will probably end up more expensive. Go here!

Beautiful location, of course, since it's at the top of a mountain! Just remember to bring food to cook since they have a kitchen and refrigerator but there is no place up there to buy food. Joseph, his sister, and mom were friendly and, even though they were busy (it was grass-cutting day), they made time to show us things around the farm. The rooms were well-equipped and very clean with great views and the milk and cheese we sampled were great! Very unique location!

Right from the beginning when the host Joseph met us at the gate i knew it was an amazing place. Incredible views across the valley, fresh hand milked cows milk available if you wany it every morning. Great hikes right on your back door. Email the host before making the trip and he will give you clear details on finding the place. Best histel I stayed in the entire time in Romania.

All i can say is SIMPLY EXCELLENT but please call Joseph ( owner ) a day or two days back, it is very difficult to reach him since he will be working in fields better write a e-mail to him two days back. Or else go to Moeciu & ask the taxi driver to drop you in MAGURA VILLAGE , next to the display board ( Magura ) is the Villa park hostel. It is awesome place :) Do not miss the opportunity if you are in Transylvania ...

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

I cannot recommend this accommodation enough. The villa is on a farm on the top of a mountain - beautiful! Joseph was an exceptional host and made us feel more like friends than just guests. He went out of his way to make us feel welcome and the milk from the cows were a nice touch. We even got shown around the farm and barn! The room was very comfortable and clean. I would love to return to stay again and hope to return to Romania next year.

Nice location. Good starting point for hinking & MTB trips. Better to carry sufficient food items before getting there. Any discomfort that you might likely face here is worth the time spent. Dont expect too much. after all its a village on a mountain. But definitely a good place for a weeked away.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This is one of the most amazing places I have stayed in. It is situated in the beautiful mountains overlooking the town of Bran and numerous mountains. Joseph and his family were the most hospitable hosts you could imagine. He picked us up from the station and drove us to a bear sanctuary in a nearby town. Our room had its own log fire and was very comfortable. The fresh milk from his cows in the morning further added to the experience. An experience of a lifetime.