Villa Pinkhouse Reviews

7/8 Hai Thuong Str F5, Da Lat, Vietnam

Close to a mobil-antenna. If you are sensitive, it is maybe not the best place. If you don't mind, it is a ok place. Around 10 min walk to City centre. They arrange busticket for free. (Thanks again!!) If you travel by Futa bus(there is no Puta line!) they have free pickup and drop off to/from the busstation. Rooms are ok but basic (no AC, no shower the water overflows the bathroom, basic breakfast). The tour was very good. We learnt a lot about Vietnam. Staff friendly, helpful and familiar.

We stayed one night at The Pink House. The second night in Da lat we went to a different Hotel. This hotel really pretty from the outside and in the lobby, but the rooms are just ok. I wanted to change my reservation to a smaller room because I booked wrong online, but they said they couldn't help me so I just lost my deposit and went to a cheaper hotel. (Our hotel was only 11 dollars per night for 2 people and was in the middle of town). The breakfast was not great. THE SECRET TOUR WAS GREAT.

Very friendly staff.

We had a great time. Nice big room. Nice View. Good Value. They also offer a really fun tour for $35 a person. In the tour you get to ride motor bikes all around the area and its fun and we learned a lot about the local culture.

Ìf you are coming to Da Lat, and you should, you múst stay here and do Mr Rót's secret tour. Probably the bést day out in Vietnam. Staff hểre are great and it was a constant laugh.

Lovely room with a little balcony with a great view over the city. Staff were fantastic, so helpful, even offered to come pick me up if I got lost! They offered breakfast too, I slept in so didn't try that. Couldn't recommend the 'secret tour' highly enough, best experience I had in Vietnam, something incredibly unique and unforgettable. Mr Rot and his family are one of a kind people. 10 minute walk to the city centre with markets etc.

Good hotel with friendly staff. Room and ensure were ok but not amazing. Breakfast was basic too. Other than that a good stay and would come back

Do the secret tour, it is worth the money for a real unique motorbike tour,Mr Rot is a blast, we had a great time and also learnt a lot about Vietnamese culture.Pinkhouse is an ok place to stay, huge clean rooms and great staff.Free breakfast could have been better but then again it's free so can't really complain.Location bit far out did a LOT of walking but Dalat is cool enough that this wasn't a big problem.Not really a backpacker place more like mini hotel but worth it for the secret tour.

After traveling for a month, this was the nicest place we have stayed at. Everything was so clean and the rooms were big and nice. Also, Mr. Rot is the friendliest man ever and quite funny too. I will be staying here again if I ever come back to Da Lat. His "secret tour" too was well worth attending. And the hotel is only a ten minute walk from town. Can't express how much I loved this place.

I had one of the best nights sleep I'd had I a while in Vietnam, lovely quiet location when you want to get away from it all. I went canyoning on my second day and was due to get a flight after and obviously this applies everywhere but checkout is usually 11 or 12. When I returned all muddy and soaked to grab my thing for my flight, Mr Rot who runs the secret tour was kind enough to lend me his room for an hour to get myself showered and into some fresh clothes. He really didn't have to do that.

This is a great little guest house. The family who run it are so friendly and you can have a laugh and a joke with them, which makes your stay brilliant. I stayed in the single room, which actually had a double bed. The breakfast could do with upgrading as other people have said, the shower didn't work with hot water all the time (easily fixed) and the Secret Tour, whilst excellent, was a little too expensive..but I would definitely stay here again.

So many things to say about this place. 1. Clean Rooms. Dirt cheap. Even for solo traveler when I stayed there. 2. Included (light) breakfast. Hard to say no to free vietnamese coffee. 3. Incredibly nice management. I got to know and appreciate Rot and his team. Extended my stay for a third night, to participate in his (not so) "secret" tour. Which was one of the highlight of my VN trip (seriously go do it). You can tell how much effort he puts in his job. I'll come back. Thanks Anh Rot!

• 9th May 2014

The "secret tour" by Mr. Rot and his nephew was excellent. Well organised and brought to you with humor. The stay in pinkhouse was pleasant, although the breakfast should be upgraded, even though it is free. Overall, a good choice when you visit dalat!

My first review - I've decided to take the plunge and write one because Mr. Rot's "secret tour" is as outstanding as the other reviews suggest. Mr. Rot is a fantastic tour guide, explaining a ton about Vietnamese culture and customs, and is also quite a joker and makes the tour fun as well as informative. You're taken to a variety of very local places, which you'd never be able to see on a standard tour. The tour was totally worth it and really added to my experience in Da Lat!

• 22nd Mar 2014