Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Very dirty bathroom with mould and the shower head didn't work

• 30th Sep 2015

Dear guest, thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to see the hostel did not meet your expectations. We will be fixing the problems that you mention in your review.. Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.

Great location, easy check in, friendly staff! The room was clean and the comforters were so comfy! Only thing is that I heard one woman talking about how she has a lot of cash stolen from her bag and she was talking to the staff and the staff member didn't really seem to care, though he did help move her to another room. A little unsettling, but I had a great stay personally.

The Villa has lost all the ambiance the old monastery used to have. The common room doesn't have the same joie de vivre. The staff aren't as friendly. The place used to feel like home and be a good time, now it's just boring and run of the mill.

It was really dirty and insect in the room

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Norway

Everything was good, except it seemed that the cleaning was lacking. Hair balls and dirt everywhere. Other than that was a great stay!

This was by far the most unclean and disappointing hostel that I have stayed in. I spent the 1st night in a 10 bed dorm and the following 2 nights in a twin room. On the website the rooms looked comfortable especially the twin room looked like hotel quality. When I arrived there was building work in progress on every floor which meant that the lift did not work and there was constant noise. The beds were barely made and sheets had stains! Bathroom was disgusting and not of an acceptable standand

Friendly staff, fun travelers. Felt safe and clean, with the exception of mold growing in the shower in the bathroom of the women's three-bed dorm. Electricity went out due to a storm and a staffer led me to my room by lamplight!

Stayed here for 3 nights and unfortunately they were doing construction out the front of the hostel and the first night I was showering and the power went off because of the construction which i wasn't told could possibly happen. Therefore I'm in the shower and its dark cant see a thing this happened several times I was in the bathroom even the next morning. They did upgrade me in the beginning but I think that was because of what was happening. Apart from that was in a good location.

Hostel was too overcrowded and constant problems with facilities. Money not well spent - breakfast is an additional cost which I think should be included in the whole room fee. It is however a clean hostel but I've had much better for much less. Do some research before choosing this one.

We have been traveling for 3weeks all around Europe & stayed at several hostels, this was the worst & most expensive. Our bathroom wasn't clean, & after they had been inside & cleaned, it looked exactly the same. One morning we also discovered that the floor was full of ants. I removed my bag from the floor & even more ants showed up. It was raining during another night & in the morning the corridor was filled with water & it was raining inside & the power was out. Mold inside the hostel.

Dear client. We are sorry to read the hostel did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately there was a large storm which hit the city of Nice during your stay which blew the hatch on the roof open, causing rain water to come inside. A manager came to the hostel as quick as possible and closed it. The water was then cleaned up by our staff. The storm also caused a black out, not just in the hostel, but in other streets in the city. This meant the hostel was without electricity for some time.

The room was clean and nice. Very good value for the money.

Very lively, youthful atmosphere. Gym was a little lacklustre but was good enough for my personal requirements. Good central location and very helpful staff. Includes good food for cheap prices. Biggest issue was with the cleanliness of the dorm floors as walking barefoot for 1 minute would cover your entire sole in dirt. I believe they need to clean their mops regularly.

Great place to stay. It has a large bar downstairs which is very social. They also have a small food menu which makes eating in Nice cheaper. Bathroom was a bit run down. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great activities. Just a bit expensive on some nights.

Good place to stay. Clean bathroom every day! I really enjoy the happy hours at the bar in the hostel it's good place to meet some people! Employee are really helpful and nice! I really enjoy my stay. Close to beach, train station, shopping and Old Nice.

Very friendly staff, the position is quite good and easy to find. The only thing that didn't correspond (at least to us) was the towels, which we didn't had it. In overall opinion is a worth place.

• 6th Sep 2015

place was OK, work being done so improving lots

Lovely hostel I really enjoyed my stay here and the facilities were great! I highly recommend this place!

Very commercial hostel, they charge you for everything you wanna use other than your bed and bathroom. And quite expensive. The location is excellent and very clean rooms. No A/C so really hot. And a really big hostel, some days quite crowded.

Great location!!! So close to everything. Good atmosphere and the breakfast was good. They even have a gym. Our room got quite hot, but the showers and wifi work well. Would defs stay again

Really cool hostel, decent rooms/bathrooms. Can walk everywhere. Good place to meet people if travelling alone. Good bar etc. Felt nice and safe too. Had everything you'd expect. Loved my stay, wish I could've stayed longer!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7