Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

I have to admit that this hostel is great ;-) I spent there one night in a room for 12 people. Everybody was nice, it was quiet during the night and what is very important- beds are really comfortable. My friends enjoyed this stay too. Moreover, breakfast is inncluded so as you can see, you have to sleep here! :)

Great hostel in Nice! Close of the beach, lovely and helpful staff, great atmosphere... Couldn't ask better! The only con would be the lack of care in he bathroom; the two days I were there, there was no soap... But the rest is awesome, And would be perfect if it came with soap!

It's a very lively and friendly hostel. But don't stay here if you expect to sleep! The rooms are too crowded and we had people coming in/waking up at all sorts of hours, fiddling through their bags, talking loudly and turning on the lights... Also, there is only one shower per room, which is really not enough... Maybe I'm just too old... I could have seen the appeal 5-10 years ago!

- Location is great, really central, close to both the beach and Old Town - Free breakfast, microwave and kitchen are also available if you wanna cook - The hostel also has its bar, they have some cheap drinks during Happy Hour - Helpful staff, map and all useful information is provided - Free walking tour

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are centrally located right next to the main city square, Place Massean, in Nice. We're only 30 seconds walk from the nearest tram stop, 2 minutes walk to the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice (where all the nightlife is). We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our staff too. We have very professional and friendly staff at Villa St Exupery, which makes it a nice place to stay and a nice place to work too.

I really like this hostel, it´s a great value for money, well located and with an extremely helpfull sfaff! The downside would be that the showers and toilets in the 16 people dorm were together, so it was the same as having just one, because used to lock it when they used, of course. And there should be a light in every bed, only some had it. But, besides that, I really recommend it, it´s really worth it!

Santiago was great tour guide. Nice and clean hostel with positive staff.

we (two guys, both 22yrs) had a good time at this place. theres a nice bar and 0.5L of beer is only €1.- at happyhour. you can easily walk to the main sights and the bar area of Nice. only bad thing: in our room we didnt have enough lockers for everyone. all in all i can really recommend this place to young travellers.

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. 90% of our guests are young backpackers, and we've put in place heaps of great services that we think you would like (€1 beers! for example) And with our unbeatable location, your within walking distance to all the essentials e.g. transport, nightlife, beaches and all the cities main sites.Thanks for recommending us! With reference to the lockers, all our rooms have enough lockers inside for each bed.If they are all full, there are extra in the basement.

The 2 euro pasta was pretty disappointing. I was expecting a larger plate, but I only got a very tiny bowl. But it's pretty unfair for me to complain considering that I got it for free with the purchase of a beer.

Party hostel, staff are awesome and very helpfull, close to beach. 100 percent recommended. Im going back!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Wales

comfortable & clean, thank you

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. And thankyou to you too, for taking the time to post a review of our hostel. We appreciate feedback from all our guests, but it's especially satisfying to recieve a thank you from a guest. It gives us great pleasure to know you had an enjoyable time while staying with us. We're sure you enjoyed the beauty of the city too and the French Riviera, and we hope to be able to welcome you again should you decide to visit Nice in the future.

Great staff. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. A short walk to the beach, a short walk downtown. Just a fabulous time. Wish I could have stayed longer. Much much love from Canada!

• 12th Mar 2014

I had a perfect stay at Villa Saint Exupery Beach, the hostel is close to everything and is very clean and with a great staff!! =D

THE KITCHEN IS A JOKE...DONT HAVE POTS TO DO SMALL FOODS AND DONT HAVE ANYTHING CLEAN

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. After your suggestion, we will be taking a look at our kitchen utensils and will add pots, pans etc where needed. We hope the rest of your stay at our hostel in Nice was enjoyable and that you had a good time. Please come back again in the summer, where the hostel is buzzing with backpackers and a great summer vibe.

The staff could not have been more helpful! In addition to the great location and rooms, the staff put this hostel above and beyond my expectations. I would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommended it to a friend!

• 5th Mar 2014

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. It was nice to meet you too and we hope everything goes okay for you in France. Thanks for recommending us to other backpackers you bump into along the way too. You gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We believe we have the best location of any hostel in Nice. Just two minutes walk to the beach, the 17th century old town and a 30 second walk from the tram stop. Thanks for rating 5 out of 5 for cleanliness too. We work very hard to ensure our hostel stays clean

I had no complaints with this hostel. nice large rooms with private bathrooms and many beds even had personal lights with an outlet. The staff is very accommodating and always know how to direct you to direct places. There is a great bar there with happy hour as well as a deal where you get a bowl of pasta with the purchase of a drink each night. Additionally there is tons of lounge space complete with a large TV with a hard drive with hundreds of movies. I really liked this place.

The staff was absolutely fantastic, and the prices at the bar for happy hour were incredible. The only downfall we had was that the room had an odor to it, but besides that, no complaints! I WILL be staying here again once it hits summer.

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for atmosphere. Thankyou. In our bar our guests can buy beers for €1 during happy hour, and a free bowl of pasta with their first drink after 7pm! We believe we are the only hostel in Nice to offer both a free breakfast and dinner. We would like to see you back in summer, where the party get's crazy. During summer, our hostel and our bar are full of young backpackers, in Nice to have a good time. Let the summer begin!

It was off season so 50% of the guests were 50/60 year old frenchmen. I didnt like the atmosphere. The age difference between the guest was to big. staff wasn`t very friendly only one women cared. the facilities were okay. ecpecially the showers downstairs were super. the bathroom in the room was old but okay. everything was clean, but the bunk beds were cheap and shaked everytime someone climed up. breakfast was sweet, no cheese or ham. but many different cereals.

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We see you only gave us 2 out of 5 for atmosphere. We are quiet over winter, as are all other hostels around Europe during winter.We have a great bar however, which in summer is packed full of young backpackers having a great time, particularly on the weekends.Overall, 90% of our guests are young backpackers, and we try and cater for these people the best we can.Starting with €1 beers! Our hostel is completly full everyday over summer and we have a great vibe.

The staff was very nice, it was very clean and we had a good time !

Greeting from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou very much for taking the time to write a review of our hostel. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our cleanliness. We work very hard to maintain high standards of cleanliness in our hostel. All rooms are cleaned everyday, all common areas are also cleaned everyday, to ensure our guests remain as comfortable as possible throughout their stay. We are very happy your had a good time in Nice, and maybe we will see you come back again in the future.

To be honest, I've been a little bit disappointed about the cleanliness. Nobody who stays in a hostel expects luxury. So our room (double bed, bath ensuite) was completely ok and the bathroom as well. It just could have been cleaner. We stayed two nights and after the first night we recognized that our bathroom was cleaned - but only because the chambermaid knotted the shower curtain and there was a slight smell of chlorine - but still the same old chalk spots on the tap! You could do better!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We think your review is a little harsh. We remember you were two girls in a private room. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean upon your arrival. However, during your stay the bathrooms was full of personal items. Particularly around the sink. We ask our staff not to move our guests belongings. All other areas of the bathroom would have been cleaned thoroughly. We work very hard at maintaining high standards of cleanliness.

Excellent hostel in a great location. I wish I was able to stay more than one night, because the tour desk looked like it had some good deals.

« first « Prev 1 2 3