Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Great hostel with good space. The ensuite was really nice and convenient. Amazing location, helpful staff, pretty much all you could want/need in a hostel.

wonderful experience. location is reaally good! Cheap beer in happy hour. Atmosphere is quite nice. Can meet many young people in bars.

Initially I booked two beds for one night. After that extended the stay for 1 night more and after that for 1 night more. At the third time probably happened some kind of mistake because all beds in the dormitory seemed to be taken and there were some delay while getting the beds. I guess this can happen when booking at the last moment but probably a check can be done in order to be sure that the beds are free. Overall it was a nice stay.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

Really good hostel! Just a heads up there's no fridge, but beyond that the facilities are awesome.

I must caming back.

I liked very much!!!!!

• 31st Mar 2015

Pretty good value, but very strange vibe. No refrigerator, so advertising kitchen a bit disingenuous. Very clean, comfy beds. Not-so-great encounters with staff - scammed by taxi driver they suggested, wasn't allowed to switch rooms when harassed by 50 yo man, me and other backpackers not given advertised food when everyone else (wealthy families) was. Overall it's like they can't decide between budget hotel and hostel, and it's not great if you're looking for the hostel!

Great location. Friendly & helpful staff. Room had nice big lockers. Internet was spotty in the room. Would stay again. Social atmosphere.

Great to read you had a good time at our hostel and that you would come back and stay with us again. We see you liked our location. Our hostel is right next to the main city square place Massena, only a few minutes walk from the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our atmosphere. We have a lively hostel bar where our guests can buy a pint for just 1 euro. We also have meals available to buy from our bar too.

The location of this hostel is absolutely perfect! Walk out the front door and walk about 5 minutes to the beach. It's also located very close to buses that can take you to Monaco and other nearby cities and sights. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was in a room with 12 people and there was only one shower. There are more showers in the gym in the basement, but this could be very inconvenient.

Great to read that you liked our hostel. We see you liked our central location. We are right next to the main city square, Place Massena.The train station is within 10 minutes walking distance, or you can take the tram, as the tram stop is no more than 1 minute walk from our front door. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our staff. Our staff are always around to help out or answer any questions. We like to try and make sure our guests get the most out of there visit to the French Riviera.

I liked how close to public transportation and the beach I was, but sharing one bathroom with 9 other women when that space isn't being cleaned on a regular basis is very uncomfortable. Most of this is attributed to the lack of care amongst bunk mates, but they only cleaned it every other day, which made the situation worse.

• 19th Mar 2015

Really good hostel. Fantastic facilities. Really friendly staff. Happy hour at bar. Amazing laundry service. Would dedinitely stay again.

My first hostel experience in order to visit my "Travelling daughter". Pleasantly surprised , staff on arrival superb. Good value breakfast, value drinks . Thank you

• 15th Mar 2015

Very nice beds. Very helpful staff at reception.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

All in all a decent hotel for a night's stay, however the discotheque immediately below was pretty annoying with the pounding music until 4 AM. We also weren't too thrilled with the hair left in the sink or the stains on the towels either. However, we got there well before check in time and the guys at the desk made sure our room would be prepped ahead of time. So that was lovely!

• 7th Mar 2015

We appreciate the comments written regarding our staff as we see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our staff. We have a nice team of people at Villa St Exupery who are always on hand to help our guests out where possible. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location too. We are ideally located right next to the main city square Place Massena. All the main sights in Nice are within minutes walking distance from our hostel and the nearest tram stop is just 2 minutes walk from our entrance.

I had such a great experience at Villa Saint Exupery that I don't know where to begin. This was by far the best hostel I've EVER stayed at. It's also the only hostel where the staff truly became my friends. Everyone who ran the tours & the bar were always extremely kind and friendly. Merle in particular talked to me my first morning while I was eating breakfast and it made all the difference. Everything was clean and I felt beyond safe. Thank you everyone for making my trip absolutely amazing!!!

• 6th Mar 2015

It seems, after reading such a resounding review, that you really experienced what Villa St Exupery is all about. We have a nice friendly team of staff at our hostel who try to get to know our guests. We always have staff members around at breakfast time helping people to plan their day, answer any questions and are just getting to know the people staying in our hostel.We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for security. We have electronic key card access to the hostel, CCTV cameras and night security.

Only on electricity plug for a dorm of 5 people is way to little. No separate lights at each bed, only one big light that wakes up the whole room.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Nice place, the bar is not as popular as it looks in the photos, no beers on draught, but still it was better than no bar. Great location, very near to the beach and the Main Street. Good place overall.

We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are just next to the main city square Place Massena and only 2 minutes walk from the beach. We see you mention our bar.During the winter period our occupancy is much lower than in our busy high season, so we have less people in the bar during this time. During summer however, our guests are sure to find a lively bar full of young backpackers everynight. Our bar offers a low priced food menu and duriing happy hour (6-8pm) a pint for just 1 euro!

I thought this hostel needs a serious facelift. Bathroom was not up to standard. The main kitchen was out of date and to small for purpose. There is work going on but money needs to be spent to up date the building. There also seems to be confusion on the free breakfast.

We see you gave us 4 out of 5 for our location. We are right next to the main city square Place Massena and within minutes walk from the 17th century old town of Nice. It's a nice walk to get to the beach from our hostel. Just a few minutes walk through the main city square. All of our bathrooms are being renovated over the winter period. We also have cooking facilities available to our guests, aswell as an in house chef who prepares low priced dinners which can be bought from our bar.

The staff was very friendly but the rooms especially the bathrooms and the kitchen have been very dirty :-(

• 16th Feb 2015

We see you gave us 4 out of 5 for our staff and atmosphere. It's nice to read you enjoyed meeting our staff and spending time at the hostel. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are within easy walking distance of all the main sights in Nice, and are also close to the train station and bus stops in order to visit the places of interest around Nice. We'll keep a close watch on the cleaning standards in the rooms.

I did like my stay here the beds were so comfortable so that was a bit of a god send after some of the beds I have been in and the laundry service was really good. I didn't have breafast but the bar was good and the hostel was pretty close to most of the things I wanted to see.

Nice to read you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our memory foam pillows. We often recieve good comments about how comfortable our beds are. We see you liked our laundry service. This is one of many extra services available at our hostel. We have other things like cheap international phone calls, a free city walking tour, free internet and wifi amongst others. You gave us 5 out of 5 for location. We are highly rated for our central location right next to the main city square Place Massena.

« first « Prev 1 2 3