Villa Sandra Guesthouse

8.4
Fabulous 112 Total Reviews

27th Jun 2017
4.0

After reading some really good reviews on Villa Sandra I was really looking forward to it. However on my arrival I wasn't greeted by staff at reception. It was a woman led on the bench relaxing - no cares at all. The vibe in the hostel was dead. Nothing going on. But apparently I heard that the owner was on holiday. Hence the staff being very lazy. I had to approach staff at breakfast time for my order, they was all chatting around a bench. Very disappointing stay at "such a good place"

23rd May 2017
7.7

If you've ever watched the kids show "The Tribe", this is it in real life. This is hostel living. Owner JonJon is super cool and lovely.Very knowledgeable and willing to help in anyway. The downside of this place is the facilities. The rooms felt like prisons because everything was dark and small. The rooms were too hot and I woke up bitten from mosquitos every morning.The place wasn't clean. Bathroom was undesirable too. Food was amazing though and staff were lovely. Would go there for dinner

• England, Couple, 25-30
20th May 2017
4.9

Hard to comment as we didn't get to stay here, manager had decided to let his staff have the room and not take it off hostel world so there was no room available. He said sorry but didn't really appreciate that we had booked it 2 days before and had travelled for 12 hours to get there. They offered us to stay next door but didn't help with bags, however refunded us our deposit money back.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017

Loved this place, so laid back! Before I came to villa Sandra I didn't know that they serving vegetarian and vegan food at theirs restaurant, so for me as vegetarian it was 100% worth it to go there!!

• Egypt, Female, 25-30
17th May 2017

Best spot in Malapascua, super friendly staff and delicious food.

• milliejoness
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
16th May 2017

Villa Sandra was a lovely hostel! Ideal location on the beautiful island of malapascua, only a couple of minutes walk to the nearest beach and then a 20peso motorbike ride to the rest of the beaches on the island. The food is really delicious and lovely communal areas. The showers are amazing despite being cold. Only issue was the rooms only had one fan between 3 which didn't rotate making it very hot especially in the morning. Also the Rastafarian theme was a bit try hard.

19th Apr 2017
6.6

Chill place, met great people there. The food is great but so expansive compared to what you can get from the locals. Bathroom and shower quality strict minimum. No lockers in the room which I hate, some things are missing from my backpack. Good place to stay overall, it has a unique look.

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

I had a great time at Villa Sandra! My friend and I got a private room with 2 single beds. The room was small and had 3 fans (2 ceiling, 1 standing) and it was okay. The onsite vegan restaurant was great and I spent a lot of time at the hammock area. I also loved that they had free drinking water so I could easily fill my tumbler up. Staff was also very friendly and helpful! Basic facilities but great value for money!

• kaisukolu4668
  • Finland, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2017

I absolutely loved this place. My new home away from home. Ended up extending my stay up to almost a week. Top 5: awesome treehouse hanging-out area with hammocks, delicious vegetarian food, beautiful artsy surroundings, lots of people to meet and great relaxed staff! I will definitely return here one day.

1st Mar 2017

Incredible food and hospitality. Evening music could be more up beet and jolly, apart from that perfect hostel.