Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Received the most warm hostel welcome ever by the owner & her staff - starting with being picked up at the bus station. Great kitchen & social balcony area with comfy seats. In addition to the optional nightly organised pub crawl, this made it the most friendly croatian hostel I stayed in. Thanks for all your positivity Julia.

Great Location......Terrace has a magnificient view.

Awesome place! If you are in Hvar this is the place to stay! The stuff is fun and friendly, and the free PubCrawl every evening makes it easy to connect with other guests. One evening I had fever and lovely Bojalia were really nice covering me with blankets! Will definitely stay in this place next time in Hvar :) /Karin

They had a free pub crawl which was awesome but if you didn't go on it you couldn't be outside, you had to stay in your room or go out to town... but the staff was allowed to be outside and talk. It was really clean and had air conditioning. It was a really fun hostel and perfect for hvar because it's a party city!

Just the perfect place! Expensive for being Croatia but you can't put a price on this awesome service. Staff is very kind, professional and helpful (Bojalia is the nicest person in Croatia)! Also the free PubCrawl was really appreciated! I recommend this place to everyone that want to have a awesome time in Hvar! Cheers! // Tintin

We were happy to be welcomed by friendly women, they were helpful. However, the hostel has some stupid rules (you can't take a shower after midnight) and there's a stupid night guard that endorses it unreasonably without any sort of judgment. Two guys got back to the hostel 00:07 and were denied a shower! We had a room only with people from our group, we were making absolutely no noise and the guard kicked us out after coming 5 times to our room because "those are the rules". Not worth 37 euros

Best hostel I have ever been to! I have been to over 30 hostels and this is by far my favorite. I have met more people at this hostel than I have my entire trip. The staff is so friendly and helping. The owners are amazing and even cooked everyone food on multiple occasions during my stay. The place is always kept extremely clean. And if you like to party, this is the hostel to go to, free pubcrawls every night and the group you go out with is always amazing. I will be coming back forsureeee!

• 16th Jul 2014

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVED this hostel. It has such a great atmosphere. The pub crawl is free and heaps of fun. Unfortunately I had to move to the hostel next door (due to bookinh) after 1 night. I spent the next 2 days/nighrs I was in hvar going over to villa skansi! I highly recommend staying here!

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The staff was fantastic and was very knowledgable about what to do on the island. I celebrated my birthday there and the staff sang to me and gave me a drink! They have a great pub crawl and the vibe is great. I would reccomend staying here for those looking to socialize and hang out in a good atmosphere.

Was really expensive for a 12 people dorm (HRK450.00 per night). I don't think average backpacker can afford it. But might be due to the festival there. Also, a bit difficult to find. And you need to go up the hill. They are not welcome people aged over 40 in the dorm instead of 45 mentioned in the web site. Can't take shower after midnight. When I took shower around 7:30 am in the morning, water was a bit cold. But staff were nice. Bar crawl was fun.

Everything was amazing accept it's expensive, all of hvar is expensive so really it has nothing to do with the hostel

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostel was great, staff are friendly, close walk to main areas, and had all the necessities. Staying with 6 people is a little tough since the rooms weren't very large. Would have preferred a 3/4 person room but nonetheless it was awesome. Also the sunset view from th balcony was unreal

This is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great atmosphere. The staff was very helpful especially the guy who wears the captain's hat all the time... because of him we had the best time in HVAR. Thanks Brian and Villa Skansi!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great place and atmosphere and really well organised wih nice touches. Bar Crawl enables you to meet lots of people. Balconies are great but a bit strict on roaming after ten!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a mixed room for one night, which was extremely clean and the bathroom was better than a hotel bathroom. We then stayed in a triple private room for the final 2 nights, which might as well have been a hotel room. We had our own terrace/balcony and they gave us little cookies on our pillows to welcome us! The staff are extremely friendly, and there is a bar crawl every evening. Highly highly recommend this hostel!

• 10th Jul 2014

The hostel is a bit difficult to find. Good atmosphere and nice terrasse.

sick place to stay. all the staff was really helpful and nice they also go out and party including the owners. brain who leads the pub crawl was awesome. he even helped out during the day showing me around the city a bit. location was great. they have ac

It was a great hostel but I am being slightly harsh as I'm comparing it to other hostels that were cheaper and better in some areas. Some areas of improvement could be the overly severe security regime which didn't seem to decrease noise levels particularly when reception is right next to the bed. The cleanliness of the kitchen and some of the staff help could be improved. That said the reception staff were extremely helpful. Overall it would be an average hostel for the price paid.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff was so warm, welcoming and fun.made sure we had a good time from the time we entered the hostel.One of the best common areas and kitchen I have seen during my travels.amazing place to meet fellow travellers or even to just relax during the day.The rooms were big and clean and the location was also quite central.The hostel in itself was a party hostel with pub crawls every night by Bryan and they knew exactly what has to be done in Hvar.always willing to help and arrange whatever needed

Great atmosphere, we were travelling as a couple and got to meet a lot of people there. There is a large kitchen area where you can cook your meal whilst chatting with the other travellers. Also there is a large terrace area where you can hang out. Location is okay, but you do have to walk and climb up a hill to get there from the city centre, it takes you about ten minutes. We had a 6p dorm, it was really small. The bathrooms were clean and Nice looking.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4