Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

This hostel is amazing! The kitchen is a huge plus, everything was very clean, the location is perfect and the atmosphere was everything I could have asked for!

Can't ask for better staff, so friendly, informative and giving you watermelon as you arrive. The hostel had a great atmosphere and easy to meet other travellers. They cleaned the rooms twice a day and there were lockers. Massive kitchen facilities and the offer of a pub crawl each night. I'd recommend staying here in Hvar!

Super fun hostel, with lovely staff!! Defo recommend staying here if you like to party!

One of the best hostels we stayed in this trip. Great atmosphere! The set up is really good as big kitchen /common area making a really social environment. Although the kitchen and fridges were not the cleanest we had seen, the bathrooms looked almost brand new in the dorm we were in, the best we had had all trip. I would definitely recommend staying here, had such a great time!

This is my second time in ten days at villa skansi. I rate the hostel 5 stars. i have never seen a hostel so clean. It is situated perfectly, it is close to the port and also the best beaches. The hostel was by far the best hostel i have ever stayed at in my two year adventure across the globe. The atmosphere is very friendly. The staff went above and beyond to make my stay incredible. The hostel organized different events every night which brought everyone together to create the awesome vibes

• 2nd Sep 2014

Best atmosphere!! Definitely recommend and will come back!

Was there for week a week and had the most amazing time. There was a great atmosphere and the staff couldn't have been any better!!

• 1st Sep 2014

Friendly, helpful staff. Really good shower facilities. Rooms are nice and comfy. A bit unorganised- I was shown to my bed that turned out belonged to someone else.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! From the moment I walked through the door I felt welcomed and the overall vibe of the place is great. Rooms are big, modern and spacious (air con was a nice plus!). The kitchen and common areas are all very nice and the free pub crawl is so much fun! The staff are awesome and the security guards at night made me feel safe. Hvar is beautiful and villa skansi made my trip extremely memorable! I'll definitely be back.

Awesome enviroment and close to everything. Hvar is awesome and so Villa Skansi. Just young people and free pub crawl every day. Beach, party, sleep, repeat!

7 of us stayed for 6 nights and had so much fun. The bar crawl was really well organised and was really sociable and welcoming. We were so impressed with how often the room was cleaned and the bathroom was brand new and again very clean. We'll be back!

• 26th Aug 2014

I have stayed in many hostels in the last few years all over the world and none compare to villa skansi in terms of atmosphere, cleanliness, location, staff, security and value! On arrival I was greeted by Lara with fresh local watermelon she was friendly and helpful with information about activities and facilities for both the hostel and hvar, I was even lucky enough to meet the owners Julia

One of the best hostels of our trip!! Awesome spot with view and great ser up with bar and terrace area. Rooms large and clean. Nothing to fault. Staff were amazing and had good party nights here!! Loved our stay! Would definitely come back if we venture back from nz!

Good atmosphere, calm location yet not too far from where ppl party, pub crawl every night, perfect to socialize They have troubles keeping track of which bed is free. I've seen a bunch of people having to wait for the staff to find available beds. But they make up for it in the end.

Only bad thing to say about this hostel was that there were no commun areas to sit inside or outside after 10pm but this may be a general rule for the area and true for other hostels too.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Dear customer, We have lots of communal areas to sit around after 10pm if you want to read a book or skype your friends, eat your dinner... but after 10pm we are not allowed to be loud outside. It's croatian law and we have to follow general rules and I know in lots of countries around the world you are not allowed to be loud on the outside at certain time. And it is a rule in the other hostels in Hvar too. Also, our reception is open 24/7 so you can always stay at the reception. Cheers

Great place to meet cool people and there's a free pub crawl every night!!

Great hostel!! Perfect por party, pub-crawl every night. The only problem was the wifi that didn't work really well.

Staff superb

• 18th Aug 2014

The room is good. The bathroom also. The staff has an incredible energy. When you arrive there, the staff gives you some delicious watermelon. However I had a problem in this hostel. I booked a room with 6 people, but in my room there were 8 people. So I talked to the staff and they said to me that the price of the room with 6 or 8 people is the same. But the problem isnt' the price, and the quantity of people in the same place and use together the same bathroom. In my opinion, it isnt' fair.

I needed help and had no one to turn to and Hostel Skansi took excellent care of me. They treated me not as a customer, but as a member of their family. Without them my holiday would have been a disaster. I am tremendously grateful and will never forget their goodwill and care. If you are in Havr, and you should definitely come here because it's paradise, there is no other place to stay other than at Villa Skansi. This is the best place and is run by the best people. Thank you.

• 18th Aug 2014