Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Friendly, helpful staff. Really good shower facilities. Rooms are nice and comfy. A bit unorganised- I was shown to my bed that turned out belonged to someone else.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! From the moment I walked through the door I felt welcomed and the overall vibe of the place is great. Rooms are big, modern and spacious (air con was a nice plus!). The kitchen and common areas are all very nice and the free pub crawl is so much fun! The staff are awesome and the security guards at night made me feel safe. Hvar is beautiful and villa skansi made my trip extremely memorable! I'll definitely be back.

Awesome enviroment and close to everything. Hvar is awesome and so Villa Skansi. Just young people and free pub crawl every day. Beach, party, sleep, repeat!

7 of us stayed for 6 nights and had so much fun. The bar crawl was really well organised and was really sociable and welcoming. We were so impressed with how often the room was cleaned and the bathroom was brand new and again very clean. We'll be back!

• 26th Aug 2014

I have stayed in many hostels in the last few years all over the world and none compare to villa skansi in terms of atmosphere, cleanliness, location, staff, security and value! On arrival I was greeted by Lara with fresh local watermelon she was friendly and helpful with information about activities and facilities for both the hostel and hvar, I was even lucky enough to meet the owners Julia

One of the best hostels of our trip!! Awesome spot with view and great ser up with bar and terrace area. Rooms large and clean. Nothing to fault. Staff were amazing and had good party nights here!! Loved our stay! Would definitely come back if we venture back from nz!

Good atmosphere, calm location yet not too far from where ppl party, pub crawl every night, perfect to socialize They have troubles keeping track of which bed is free. I've seen a bunch of people having to wait for the staff to find available beds. But they make up for it in the end.

Only bad thing to say about this hostel was that there were no commun areas to sit inside or outside after 10pm but this may be a general rule for the area and true for other hostels too.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Dear customer, We have lots of communal areas to sit around after 10pm if you want to read a book or skype your friends, eat your dinner... but after 10pm we are not allowed to be loud outside. It's croatian law and we have to follow general rules and I know in lots of countries around the world you are not allowed to be loud on the outside at certain time. And it is a rule in the other hostels in Hvar too. Also, our reception is open 24/7 so you can always stay at the reception. Cheers

Great place to meet cool people and there's a free pub crawl every night!!

Great hostel!! Perfect por party, pub-crawl every night. The only problem was the wifi that didn't work really well.

Staff superb

• 18th Aug 2014

The room is good. The bathroom also. The staff has an incredible energy. When you arrive there, the staff gives you some delicious watermelon. However I had a problem in this hostel. I booked a room with 6 people, but in my room there were 8 people. So I talked to the staff and they said to me that the price of the room with 6 or 8 people is the same. But the problem isnt' the price, and the quantity of people in the same place and use together the same bathroom. In my opinion, it isnt' fair.

I needed help and had no one to turn to and Hostel Skansi took excellent care of me. They treated me not as a customer, but as a member of their family. Without them my holiday would have been a disaster. I am tremendously grateful and will never forget their goodwill and care. If you are in Havr, and you should definitely come here because it's paradise, there is no other place to stay other than at Villa Skansi. This is the best place and is run by the best people. Thank you.

• 18th Aug 2014

The hostel is very nice, however a little difficult to find at first if you are on foot. And on a hill. However this is also the reason it has such a nice view. The staff were a little too pushy with the whole ~must have fun~ motto, but nice enough. Very clean and comfy.

Awesome hostel! It's in a great location, the rooms were very comfortable and had the best showers of any hostel I've stayed in. It's a really fun atmosphere and the staff are really great. The two guys who run the pub crawl every night are super friendly and make sure everyone has fun. Would definitely go back to Villa Skansi if I ever return to Hvar, even just to hang out with those guys cause they're great company!

This hostel is a great party hostel for the summer on Hvar with a good central terrace where you can relax and meet the other guests. It's a bit pricey to stay but if you use the opportunities provided it will be worth it. The rooms have up to 14 people so only go if you're seasoned/comfortable with staying in hostels.

Group of 6 lads booked a private room only to be told we were sharing with 6 others. Security was terrible as other occupants kept leaving doors open and the safe facilities were poor. Great atmosphere, great for meeting people and staff were attentive. Price of beer at hostel was expensive as was only 33cl.

• 15th Aug 2014

Dear customer, you booked with us 6 beds in a 10 bed dorm, not a private room at all.You can check on your booking too.And you were sharing a dorm with 4 other people, as expected when you have booked a 6 beds out of 10.For security ,i assure you we take great care ,we have TWO SECURITY GUARDS in our hostel and no one can enter the hostel who is not a guest, also we have never had a security issue in all 5 years since hostel is opened. .EACH ROOM is also equipped with SECURITY LOCKERS too.

Cool place with a great vibe! We were lucky to get a small 2 person room off the main 8 person dorm. I think we would have struggled with space for luggage if in the main room. There were free lockers in the room for small backpacks which was handy and a bathroom per dorm plus extra communal one. Warning!! Not ideal if you're in hvar for a good sleep! I've never heard so many people vomit in one night loads of coming and going! Bar crawl is a must and can also recommend hiring a car to explore!

• 14th Aug 2014

Incredible atmosphere and location! There was never a dull moment all thanks to Bryant, the pub crawl leader. He made sure every single person was having a great time. Thanks for one memorable trip!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

Villa Skansi was one of the most enjoyable hostel experiences of our entire trip. The staff were so friendly and even greeted us with fresh watermelon and singing!! The couple who run it are amazing and were genuinely interested in getting to know us and getting involved. Each night there is a free bar crawl which is great fun and a great way to meet people! The rooms were clean and spacious with good lockers and the terrace area was stunning. I am looking forward to my next stay!