Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Staff were great, especially bojana! All lovely people and very helpful. Pub crawl every night was fun! Great travellers atmosphere. Most enjoyable place I've stayed at the whole trip, would recommend it to anyone.

• 29th Jul 2014

Very social hostel with good selection of room types and a fun atmosphere. Quiet policy means the hostel runs nightly bar crawls around the city which are a good way to meet other guests, as well as getting you free entry into some of the island's best venues. Well situated for the ports and the main tourist areas, and staff are helpful and welcoming.

• 29th Jul 2014

Very good hostel! Nice staff! A place that you can hang out with a lot of people!

Rooms are not very spacious and the beds are tiny for the price. Kitchen facilities are good. Security guard at night which was good. Handles were broken in the girls bathroom therefore unable to locked. Would only recommend this hostel if you want to party party party!!!!

Dear Guest, thank you for staying with us. The sizes of our rooms are exactly as the hostel regulation office requires and we didn't have any complains until now, and the size of the beds are also normal size 2 meters x 200 centimeters as in all other hostels in the world. The door handler was broken by one of your roommates and it was fixed on the same day. Anyway, thank you one more time for staying with us

Nice, but you should not have to pay a towel renter fee. Also, they said they had WiFi, but it never worked.

Dear Guest, Our WiFi works perfectly, it could be that it didn't work for the short time, like the couple of minutes due to the stormy weather. Anyway, thank you for staying with us

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great atmosphere. Rooms were very comfortable and well worth the money. Would definitely stay here again

• 24th Jul 2014

When 6 of us arrived at the hostel we received an extremely warm and energetic greeting. We were given a lovely refreshing welcome gift and were immediately made to feel at home. The hostel is in a perfect location and has great facilities- a bar, kitchen, lounging area, nice bathrooms. We became vey good friends with one of the hostel workers Bojana (jane :)) and had some amazing nights with her. All of us agreed it was one of the best hostels we had ever stayed in and would definitely return.

This hostel is amazing, it has the best atmosphere of all the hostels we stayed in around Europe. Really safe and staff are very helpful. Definitely worth the money!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Received the most warm hostel welcome ever by the owner & her staff - starting with being picked up at the bus station. Great kitchen & social balcony area with comfy seats. In addition to the optional nightly organised pub crawl, this made it the most friendly croatian hostel I stayed in. Thanks for all your positivity Julia.

Great Location......Terrace has a magnificient view.

Awesome place! If you are in Hvar this is the place to stay! The stuff is fun and friendly, and the free PubCrawl every evening makes it easy to connect with other guests. One evening I had fever and lovely Bojalia were really nice covering me with blankets! Will definitely stay in this place next time in Hvar :) /Karin

They had a free pub crawl which was awesome but if you didn't go on it you couldn't be outside, you had to stay in your room or go out to town... but the staff was allowed to be outside and talk. It was really clean and had air conditioning. It was a really fun hostel and perfect for hvar because it's a party city!

Just the perfect place! Expensive for being Croatia but you can't put a price on this awesome service. Staff is very kind, professional and helpful (Bojalia is the nicest person in Croatia)! Also the free PubCrawl was really appreciated! I recommend this place to everyone that want to have a awesome time in Hvar! Cheers! // Tintin

Unbelievable...great job, all around...Happy room!!

• 18th Jul 2014

I had a great time at the Hostel, really confortable, the atmosphere was amazing and the staff so helpful all the time! It has a great location in Split, easy to go by foot to anyplace you want, the staff will help you and give you directions for anything you need! I strongly recommend!

We were happy to be welcomed by friendly women, they were helpful. However, the hostel has some stupid rules (you can't take a shower after midnight) and there's a stupid night guard that endorses it unreasonably without any sort of judgment. Two guys got back to the hostel 00:07 and were denied a shower! We had a room only with people from our group, we were making absolutely no noise and the guard kicked us out after coming 5 times to our room because "those are the rules". Not worth 37 euros

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The roof terrace is perfect for socialising, and the kitchen and seating area downstairs as well. The pub crawl is great too. Would definitely, definitely recommend.

Best hostel I have ever been to! I have been to over 30 hostels and this is by far my favorite. I have met more people at this hostel than I have my entire trip. The staff is so friendly and helping. The owners are amazing and even cooked everyone food on multiple occasions during my stay. The place is always kept extremely clean. And if you like to party, this is the hostel to go to, free pubcrawls every night and the group you go out with is always amazing. I will be coming back forsureeee!

• 16th Jul 2014

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVED this hostel. It has such a great atmosphere. The pub crawl is free and heaps of fun. Unfortunately I had to move to the hostel next door (due to bookinh) after 1 night. I spent the next 2 days/nighrs I was in hvar going over to villa skansi! I highly recommend staying here!

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The staff was fantastic and was very knowledgable about what to do on the island. I celebrated my birthday there and the staff sang to me and gave me a drink! They have a great pub crawl and the vibe is great. I would reccomend staying here for those looking to socialize and hang out in a good atmosphere.