Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

AMAZING PLACE! Villa Skansi is definitely my new favorite hostel. The atmosphere was comfortable, clean, and safe. I really enjoyed all of the communal areas they provide. The outdoor kitchen is awesome and huge! The staff was so helpful, friendly, and they actually cared about you and your stay. They offer a free nightly pregame and bar crawl which is a lot of fun. Every traveler we met was extremely friendly and social. I will definitely be back next year!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Villa Skansi was so much fun! Clean and comfortable with an incredibly social atmosphere and fantastic outdoor terrace!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Staff is super friendly and helpful and the bar crawls are so much fun! Also the scooter hire just outside the hostel is great!

Very pleasant stay. I feel like I was really staying in a villa and the staff is very welcoming. Great hostel to chill.

Amazing hostel. Best I have ever stayed in. Atmosphere and free pub crawls are excellent. There's no noise after ten so everyone goes on the pub crawl together. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful. Julia the owner is always smiling. The pub crawl leaders Brian, Mark and Erica and great. Reception staff are lovely are come out with us too. Truly the best hostel I've stayed in do far, I wonder if grandio party hostel in Budapest next could top this experience.

• 30th Jun 2014

Free bar crawl and shots were wholly welcomed! A lovely place to stay - liked the little japanese chairs in the garden. Rooms were kept lovely and cool by the aircon and the terrace is a great place to socialise. My only concern was the lack of security - the hostel is accessible from both the front and rear with no swipe cards or anything. The nightguard is on duty but always lock your room once you leave it or it really is vulnerable to theft!

Hi Lucy, we are sorry to hear that you didn't feel safe in our hostel. But I cannot agree with you on that. Reception that is on the entrance is open 24/7 and no one without a green wristband can enter the hostel during the day and during the night we have a night guard who is on the watch all the time. We don't let anyone without the wristband inside the hostel. Every dorm has lockers for valuable things.

Really good party vibe at this hostel and the pub crawl was a great way to meet people and get a few free shots! The staff were all young and extra friendly, great place ! Bit of a walk to town centre but not bad.

Had a private room for two nights. Really enjoyed our stay.

• 29th Jun 2014

this hostel has incredible facilities and I'm sure is a haven for all of the UK and Aussies on their interrail trip. it's definitely a party hostel though.

Gerat staff and great atmosphere! aLot of young people read to make new friendship and to go out! To get is not that great but is totally doable. The staff is always ready to help and they go out with everybody, with the pub crawl. it really is great!

Could not of asked for a better place to stay. Everyone was all so friendly, the hostel itself was clean 24/7 and we felt very safe. Staff knew the best places to eat, go out, and where to take day trips, very helpful if only there for a short period of time. Definitely recommend to anyone of any size group or any age, will definitely be returning!

• 22nd Jun 2014

My friend and I only booked this hostel for one night originally, but within 10 minutes of arriving we fell in love with the staff, atmosphere, and layout of the hostel. We extended our stay for 4 more nights! We love this hostel!! Everyone should stay at Villa Skansi!! Ps: there is a free pub crawl each night for all the guests. This is the BEST way to meet people and experience Hvar night life. STAY HERE!! :)

• 21st Jun 2014

Good clean hostel for the young looking for a social party scene. The staff here at this hostel are amazing. They are super friendly and helpful and keep the whole hostel clean and running smoothly despite being constantly busy. The hostel runs a free pub crawl each night that gets the whole group mingling and down to a couple of bars in the old town area. Most of the guests here are 18-26. As far as hostels go, they have all the amenities, including a large shared kitchen and fast wifi.

Really cool place bar crawl is good as it's free and takes you to the only 3 busiest places staff were great they never stop cleaning.id highly recommend seeing the blue and green caves there amazing and rent a speed boat to travel around the islands I will be back again :)

Great place with an awesome view. The free pub crawl every night is really fun and you meet people easily! Security however is very poor, anyone can just walk in from the street and most rooms are always open. There are small lockers for valuables but they don't fit bags!

Hi, We completely disagree with your opinion that security is poor. Because no one without wristband can enter the hostel, we in the reception and our security guard are always strictly taking care that no one enters the hostel. Anyway, thank you for staying with us

Many people claim that certain hostels are the "best they've ever stayed" but Villa Skansi was truly the greatest experience I've had so far. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. The facilities are as good as it gets and the patios provide an unparalleled atmosphere. The free pub crawl is a lot of fun and a great way to start your night. The only issue I had was that you could not make noise at the hostel after 10:00PM but other than that Villa Skansi was outstanding.

Soooo much fun, clean and safe!! The staff it is super fun and helpful I will back

Incredible atmosphere, clean, safe and the staff is more than willing to help in whatever way they can. Organized pub crawls make it easy to meet a ton of people and have great nights out in Hvar, definitely want to go back!!

Seriously the best hostel I've been to and it won't be beaten. Most amazing place ever and if you're in Hvar you just absolutely must stay here.

My second time staying at Villa Skansi, and again we had such an amazing week. You shouldn't stay anywhere else in Hvar!! Looking forward to returning for a third time this summer.

• 13th Jun 2014