Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVED this hostel. It has such a great atmosphere. The pub crawl is free and heaps of fun. Unfortunately I had to move to the hostel next door (due to bookinh) after 1 night. I spent the next 2 days/nighrs I was in hvar going over to villa skansi! I highly recommend staying here!

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The staff was fantastic and was very knowledgable about what to do on the island. I celebrated my birthday there and the staff sang to me and gave me a drink! They have a great pub crawl and the vibe is great. I would reccomend staying here for those looking to socialize and hang out in a good atmosphere.

Was really expensive for a 12 people dorm (HRK450.00 per night). I don't think average backpacker can afford it. But might be due to the festival there. Also, a bit difficult to find. And you need to go up the hill. They are not welcome people aged over 40 in the dorm instead of 45 mentioned in the web site. Can't take shower after midnight. When I took shower around 7:30 am in the morning, water was a bit cold. But staff were nice. Bar crawl was fun.

Everything was amazing accept it's expensive, all of hvar is expensive so really it has nothing to do with the hostel

Great hostel for meeting people, lots of outside comfortable chilling space really good kitchen and facilities.

Hostel was great, staff are friendly, close walk to main areas, and had all the necessities. Staying with 6 people is a little tough since the rooms weren't very large. Would have preferred a 3/4 person room but nonetheless it was awesome. Also the sunset view from th balcony was unreal

This is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great atmosphere. The staff was very helpful especially the guy who wears the captain's hat all the time... because of him we had the best time in HVAR. Thanks Brian and Villa Skansi!

Great place and atmosphere and really well organised wih nice touches. Bar Crawl enables you to meet lots of people. Balconies are great but a bit strict on roaming after ten!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a mixed room for one night, which was extremely clean and the bathroom was better than a hotel bathroom. We then stayed in a triple private room for the final 2 nights, which might as well have been a hotel room. We had our own terrace/balcony and they gave us little cookies on our pillows to welcome us! The staff are extremely friendly, and there is a bar crawl every evening. Highly highly recommend this hostel!

• 10th Jul 2014

The hostel is a bit difficult to find. Good atmosphere and nice terrasse.

sick place to stay. all the staff was really helpful and nice they also go out and party including the owners. brain who leads the pub crawl was awesome. he even helped out during the day showing me around the city a bit. location was great. they have ac

It was a great hostel but I am being slightly harsh as I'm comparing it to other hostels that were cheaper and better in some areas. Some areas of improvement could be the overly severe security regime which didn't seem to decrease noise levels particularly when reception is right next to the bed. The cleanliness of the kitchen and some of the staff help could be improved. That said the reception staff were extremely helpful. Overall it would be an average hostel for the price paid.

• 7th Jul 2014

Very good hostel. The staff is very helpful and kind and the room is very good, with air conditioning and good beds.

The staff was so warm, welcoming and fun.made sure we had a good time from the time we entered the hostel.One of the best common areas and kitchen I have seen during my travels.amazing place to meet fellow travellers or even to just relax during the day.The rooms were big and clean and the location was also quite central.The hostel in itself was a party hostel with pub crawls every night by Bryan and they knew exactly what has to be done in Hvar.always willing to help and arrange whatever needed

Great atmosphere, we were travelling as a couple and got to meet a lot of people there. There is a large kitchen area where you can cook your meal whilst chatting with the other travellers. Also there is a large terrace area where you can hang out. Location is okay, but you do have to walk and climb up a hill to get there from the city centre, it takes you about ten minutes. We had a 6p dorm, it was really small. The bathrooms were clean and Nice looking.

AMAZING PLACE! Villa Skansi is definitely my new favorite hostel. The atmosphere was comfortable, clean, and safe. I really enjoyed all of the communal areas they provide. The outdoor kitchen is awesome and huge! The staff was so helpful, friendly, and they actually cared about you and your stay. They offer a free nightly pregame and bar crawl which is a lot of fun. Every traveler we met was extremely friendly and social. I will definitely be back next year!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Villa Skansi was so much fun! Clean and comfortable with an incredibly social atmosphere and fantastic outdoor terrace!

Staff is super friendly and helpful and the bar crawls are so much fun! Also the scooter hire just outside the hostel is great!

Very pleasant stay. I feel like I was really staying in a villa and the staff is very welcoming. Great hostel to chill.

Amazing hostel. Best I have ever stayed in. Atmosphere and free pub crawls are excellent. There's no noise after ten so everyone goes on the pub crawl together. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful. Julia the owner is always smiling. The pub crawl leaders Brian, Mark and Erica and great. Reception staff are lovely are come out with us too. Truly the best hostel I've stayed in do far, I wonder if grandio party hostel in Budapest next could top this experience.

• 30th Jun 2014