Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Excellent location and very nice rooms. Reps were very helpful. Good vibe.

• 6th Aug 2013

I stayed here August 2013, the place is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly & helpful. Great value for money, would definitely stay here again

• 6th Aug 2013

Really good hostel to stay at! The two Tom's make the hostel fun and get everyone involved to create a good atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. The only thing that wasn't great was the fact the 10 bed dorms only had one bathroom so if its a group of girls its a bit of a nightmare!

Awesome hostel! Great location near all the clubs and restaurants as well as beach. The hostel organizes pub crawls every night which is a great way to meet people. Our room had air con which is a must in August as it is sooo hot! Overall I would definitely stay there again!

We had a great stay here and it was surprising we could even get a room as the island was so busy! Lots of travellers and a great atmosphere, a ten minute walk from the main goings on (a walk I couldn't have navigated on my own!) and the lockers are not bag sized but it is perfectly safe and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and spoke perfect English. Thanks again :)

This was a fairly cheap hostel and the atmosphere was very social. The outside space was good for socialising and the free nightly sangria party was great for meeting everyone before going into Hvar. Kitchen area was too small for the amount of people, just 4 hobs for everyone! Also the door to our dorm didn't lock or even shut and the other door just had a curtain seperating us from a communal bathroom. Bit of a walk into Hvar but not more than 15 minutes and close by to a mini-market!

• 1st Aug 2013

The people were really nice and friendly. We had a really good time! Location is also good. It is just maybe a bit expensive for the dorms, butl the city of Hvar is expensive in the summer.

Probably the best pick if you travel to Hvar alone and want to meet new people but.. the only thing that bothered me was the staff's lack of knowledge when it comes to activities other than pub crawls. Same thing with good eats actually. Be prepared and you'll love it.

Great staff and also good and cozy facilities. Nothing to complain!

• 31st Jul 2013

This is the best hostel I've stayed in!! it has a great location, very clean.

• Croatia

Fantastic Hostel. Staff were friendly Tom, Tom and Dom best pub crawl hosts ever

• 29th Jul 2013

This was my second stay at Villa Skansi in 3 years and the quality and friendliness of the hostel has not changed. I would definitely stay here again when back in Hvar.

• 29th Jul 2013

Best place to stay. Highly recommend staying at villa skansi. You won't be disappointed.

• 28th Jul 2013

We had a really great time at VIlla Skansi! Julia and Andrea were simply awsome! They have a really nice terasse were you can chill out and take a few drinks before going out. Tom and Tom organises the best Pubcrawl! The atmosphere is great. The staff does everything they can to make your stay fun. We would definitely go back :)

Amazing accommodation, with equally amazing staff! Second time I've stayed in Hvar and wish i had come here the first time. I am going to make Hvar a regular holiday destination and will never look any further than Villa Skansi! Missed it the minute I left. Thanks for helping me have a great time.

The location was incredible and the views are gorgeous. The communal outdoor area is really nice and a good way to socialise with everyone at the hostel. However, the rooms and sheets didn't feel very clean and the hostel workers found it difficult to keep track of which beds were clean and which were not, so when we arrived we, nor the staff working, were convinced that our beds were actually clean and unoccupied. It would have been nice to have breakfast there as the local food isn't great.

Lovely Hostel beautiful terrace area with views of the sea. The staff were really friendly and helpful, I'd love to go back and stay again!

• 22nd Jul 2013

Villa Skansi has everything you want in a hostel-Its got lockers for security, a big clean shower room with large mirrors, its cleaned regularly, has a lovely terrace with a view and big comfy chairs and a large common room! Tom and Tom were there every night running a pub crawl-its so easy to meet people! The receptionist is there when you check in to give you recommendations on where to eat, party and where the good beaches are! The owner Marco is lovely too and makes you feel really welcome!

• 22nd Jul 2013

100% recomended

Age limit 20+ would be nice. I still think that the hostel would be fully booked. Maybe equip the kitchen with more cutlery + more cooking fracilities. Code lockers instead of key lockers in the dorms would increase security of personal disposals A swimming pool would be nice as well.

• 19th Jul 2013