Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

My second time staying at Villa Skansi, and again we had such an amazing week. You shouldn't stay anywhere else in Hvar!! Looking forward to returning for a third time this summer.

• 13th Jun 2014

Nice atmosphere, very friendly staff.

Villa Skansi was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Our group arrived in Hvar town quite late and on arrival we were greeted with cake and a cocktail for us, so that we had some food and were ready to go into town. This welcoming and relaxed vibe continued throughout our stay. Our room was cleaned everyday and the bathrooms were sparkling and new. The outdoor space and kitchen was a great place to socialize with other travelers, as well as the daily bar crawl. Don't hesitate to go here!

• 10th Jun 2014

Great place, great vibe. I'm recommending it to everyone

Its a really nice hostel in a great location. I particularly liked the outdoor terrace area, its a good social space! They do a pub crawl most nights which is okay not great. The rooms are clean and the showers are amazing!! The staff are nice but sometimes its like being back at school.

One of the best hostels i have stayed in! Great staff, good for party but not to crazy. Easy to meet people! Love it :)

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The staff were so nice and accommodating! Best hostel so far! Definitely recommend it and would stay again! Thanks guys!!

Good hostel, amazingly clean and friendly and helpful staff. Good location in Hvar and a great place to make friends if you're travelling alone. Only downside is that they are very strict on noise and after 10 you can't make a sound. I know Croatian law states that they can't make noise but we found the constant 'ssshhh'ing a bit excessive.

We stayed here on our last night out of four on Hvar and it was fantastic. The atmosphere was all that we were promised it would be. If you are on your own or in a group this is a great place to stay if you enjoy socialising and meeting new people! The staff were friendly and helpful and the pub crawl was a great way to get to know everyone! Definitely recommend this place! And would stay again.

Awesome hostel!!!! Always lots of people, the cuisine outside is a nice place to meet people! Very well situated and excellent reception (with water melon, cake an a map to show the good spots to go and the ones to stay away from)

A great hostel with beautiful terraces overlooking the sea! It would be easy for a hostel of this size to lose sight of the details, but the staff works very hard to make sure it is spotless and to make you feel at home. Also loved the big outdoor kitchen and all the room to spread out. I could have lounged on that terrace for another week with just a book and a coctail!

Amazing hostel! Very friendly, helpful staff and the best atmosphere. Very easy to meet people and about 5-10 min walk to the main square (which is closer than most hostels). The bed was really comfy and the bathrooms kept clean. I definitely recommend it!

It's a nice hostel, great to meet people!! But, the facilities could be better. There aren't many WC and showers. The staff are really kind! Thanks for the stay! 😃

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It feels more like a hotel, except for the dorms. Everything is very clean, the rooms are spacious, the location is great. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and they welcomed us with fresh juice and watermelon slices. They arranged a boat trip for us, which was one of the best experiences in this trip. I would definitely stay there again.

Best hostel in hvar! The rooms are really nice and bathrooms very clean. Great atmosphere, didnt feel the need to lock up my stuff. They have a big outdoor kitchen with a nearby market so you can actually have a nice meal. All the staff are so friendly and really care that you enjoy your stay by helping with planning excursions and giving recommendations! I liked it so much I ended up booking extra nights!

Theres a reason n this hostel is rated so high..... amazing kitchen area down stairs where everyone can cook up together and hang out. then the pubcrawls and drinking game starts if you wana go. rooms were spacious and very cool. Awesome view and amazzzzzzing staff

We had a great stay at Skansi, amazing views, great rooms and a fun environment. Vana was a highlight an made the hostel even more inviting. If you're going to Hvar, you have to stay here!

Villa Skansi was by far the best hostel I stayed in on my 6 week long trip. The facilities are great, even though there were some plumbing issues, they were promptly fixed. The kitchen has everything you need and there are always people there eating so it's a good place to socialize. The view from the terrace is also amazing. The pub crawls are fun and worth tagging along. The staff is also great, and they really become your friends while you're there. Skansi is probably best for those 18-25.

Nice enough hostel. Power went out a couple of times and the bathroom flooded on the lower level and got my backpack wet - the hazards of having a full house I suppose. I don't blame them at all since crap can happen to the best of places. Staff was friendly and helpful. No luggage lockers, only small personal ones. Bring your own lock. Security is trust-based - staff would keep an eye on things, but you usually depended on your trust in other guests. Average age felt to be around 19-20.

By far one of the best hostel I have stayed in. Great terrace with a beautiful view of hvar. Great staff. and they even have 2 tiki huts to hang out in. Its has a great atmosphere and social vibe.