Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

A great hostel with beautiful terraces overlooking the sea! It would be easy for a hostel of this size to lose sight of the details, but the staff works very hard to make sure it is spotless and to make you feel at home. Also loved the big outdoor kitchen and all the room to spread out. I could have lounged on that terrace for another week with just a book and a coctail!

Amazing hostel! Very friendly, helpful staff and the best atmosphere. Very easy to meet people and about 5-10 min walk to the main square (which is closer than most hostels). The bed was really comfy and the bathrooms kept clean. I definitely recommend it!

It's a nice hostel, great to meet people!! But, the facilities could be better. There aren't many WC and showers. The staff are really kind! Thanks for the stay! 😃

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It feels more like a hotel, except for the dorms. Everything is very clean, the rooms are spacious, the location is great. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and they welcomed us with fresh juice and watermelon slices. They arranged a boat trip for us, which was one of the best experiences in this trip. I would definitely stay there again.

Best hostel in hvar! The rooms are really nice and bathrooms very clean. Great atmosphere, didnt feel the need to lock up my stuff. They have a big outdoor kitchen with a nearby market so you can actually have a nice meal. All the staff are so friendly and really care that you enjoy your stay by helping with planning excursions and giving recommendations! I liked it so much I ended up booking extra nights!

Theres a reason n this hostel is rated so high..... amazing kitchen area down stairs where everyone can cook up together and hang out. then the pubcrawls and drinking game starts if you wana go. rooms were spacious and very cool. Awesome view and amazzzzzzing staff

We had a great stay at Skansi, amazing views, great rooms and a fun environment. Vana was a highlight an made the hostel even more inviting. If you're going to Hvar, you have to stay here!

Villa Skansi was by far the best hostel I stayed in on my 6 week long trip. The facilities are great, even though there were some plumbing issues, they were promptly fixed. The kitchen has everything you need and there are always people there eating so it's a good place to socialize. The view from the terrace is also amazing. The pub crawls are fun and worth tagging along. The staff is also great, and they really become your friends while you're there. Skansi is probably best for those 18-25.

Nice enough hostel. Power went out a couple of times and the bathroom flooded on the lower level and got my backpack wet - the hazards of having a full house I suppose. I don't blame them at all since crap can happen to the best of places. Staff was friendly and helpful. No luggage lockers, only small personal ones. Bring your own lock. Security is trust-based - staff would keep an eye on things, but you usually depended on your trust in other guests. Average age felt to be around 19-20.

By far one of the best hostel I have stayed in. Great terrace with a beautiful view of hvar. Great staff. and they even have 2 tiki huts to hang out in. Its has a great atmosphere and social vibe.

Very nice hostel!!!! People are so nice and it feels like home! The staff are always there for you when you have questions! The kitchen is good to make friends because people can all eat together after! I met a lot of incredible people!!!! Don't hesitate, book this hostel!

Villa Skansi is doing a really good job. Everyone on the staff is really cool and helpful with the vibe of a permanent vacation. They took us to a free pub crawl and even arranged scuba diving for us. They are easy to find well located hostel and they make vacation in Hvar a great experience! Thank you so much

Awesome place. Great kitchen. Kind staff. Fun party place - definitely not somewhere to catch up on sleep. Overall, favourite place during my euro trip.

• 30th May 2014

Not comparable to other hostels! Amazing people and place - highly recommend

• 30th May 2014

After 5 wks of travelling many EU countries and hostels this has been by far the most impressive hostel I've stayed at. The staff are incredible, always helpful and the vibe they give the place is unmatchable to any other hostel. The outdoor cooking area is perfect for meeting new people and saving a few $'s. The free pubcrawl the staff puts on every night is always a good time. The beds are comfortable and the facilities are exceptionally clean. There is no fluke Villa Skansi is rated 100%

When i got there i thought, is this really i hostel??? Such a cool place! Sophie and all her lovely crew made me feel welcome from the moment i walked into reception. Vibe was great, just chilling out upstairs soaking in the view to begin, i could have just stayed there for the whole trip! Everything is so close walking distance you feel like its home away from home!! Can relax all day & party at night, what more do you want?? Will come again for sure Thnks 4 the experience :-) Daniel

• 28th May 2014

Best. Place. Ever! Not just a hostel, the staff are what makes the place a 100% rating. They instantly welcome you in and make you feel right at home. I had some great nights out and a lot of fun during the days, all thanks to the staff giving us good info.

Amazing hostel, the best I have ever stayed in so far. The staff is incredebly nice and helpfull. The free pub crawl is definatly worth it! We had a lot of fun. The kitchen and common areas are very nice.

This is one best hostel experiences I have had in the past 3 months of traveling in Europe. Location is walking distance to old town, multiple beaches, supermarket, etc. The staff and owner super nice and very helpful. They can help you set up boat rentals and scooter rentals. When we arrive they provided cake and fruit. The hostel has a kitchen large enough for everyone to cook. Downside is the strict 10pm quite hours but not to worry they run a bar crawl every night with free drinks!

Villa Skansi is like a big family. The hostel itself is really nice. The atmosphere was so great. We loved cooking in the outdoor kitchen with all of our new international friends. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated with incredible hospitality. We got a cute welcome plate of fruits and cakes! The free pub crawl was also really fun. It really did feel like we had just joined a big family. We hated to leave