Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

It was a really fun hostel with a great atmosphere. The rooms were clean and tidy and the bathroom was AMAZING!

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed the stay in your hostel! :)

The facilities were amazing, the place is better than the pictures but the staff is horrible. They gave me the keys to my room and didnt show me where it was or my bed or my locker. No information or anything. The people staying there were great and everytime we sat outside drinking the staff said u cant sit here, or its either outside the hostel or in ur rooms. And no alchohol in the rooms of course. Overall great place but the staff made my stay crappy

Amazing hostel! Best I've stayed in in Croatia.

This place is great, wanted to stay longer, pub crawl is awsome fun, good hostel to meet ppl, very clean and modern, would stay again, will at the desk is a top bloke :)

If you want to party like 18-30's this is the place to be. There are a lot of rooms so lots of young people to meet. Room was clean, and bathroom cleaned twice daily which is pretty good. They run a free bar crawl. If you want to chill a little more and go out for good food, not likely you'll meet like minded people here.

Beautfiul view from the room with a spacious balcony, clean & comfortable beds. However would have been good to be shown around a bit more when I arrived, for example I had no idea where the kitchen facilities were, and was not told about the pub crawl.

Wow!!! You walk into this place and the workers instantly make you feel at home. The view from the balcony is breathtaking and is an awesome place to sit back with a beer and meet everyone. Awesome atmosphere with a free pub crawl every night to get the ball rolling. Couldn't recommend this place enough. Was only supposed to stay a night and ended up staying longer. If you find something to complain about here pack your bags and go home. Thanks again for the wonderful times. Chris :-)

Nothing too bad concerned this hostel, the people there are great and one can see the effort from hosts to make everything right (cleanliness, information, etc). But the ambience is so "relaxed" that give us an idea of unsecurity and poor cleanliness and mess. It's just a sensation of all that!

The guys who run the pub Crawl are great.

Beutiful hostel well located on a hill so you have a great view from one of the comfy chairs. The pictures dont lie. Kinda big hostel with lots of people but its easy to meet other travellers there. The pub crawl is great to. I stayed in one of the bigger rooms and i couldn't get any sleep at all because when people got back from the night out they were so loud. But I was probably just unlucky this time. the kitchen is way too small also. Only one can cook at a time.

A beautiful hostel with great staff, gorgeous location, and views....a truly great spot. Good for BOTH those who want and do not want to party-

Hostel looks lovely, and they organize a fun bar crawl. The hostel seemed very popular with 18-20 year olds and people holidaying in groups, rather than travelers. Have stayed in better hostels with nicer staff but if that's what you're after then it'd be good.

One of the best hostels I've been too! The staff are fantastic! Help you with anything you need. Amazing atmosphere, they get everyone together for pre drinks then take you on a free bar crawl and always make sure everyone is being included. Best hostel in Hvar Town!

I was staying with 5 girls in my room and their brought 3 guys to slept with them one night. They were make a lot of noise at 6 am and a i ask to stop. The guy said to me to shut up and if i don't, he is going to broke my nose. I leave the room to try find a staff and i couldn't. This hostel doesn't have any control with your guests and i don't recommend because of this. Everybody can pass and go to the rooms or bathrooms.

Dear customer, during the night our security guard is in hostel and take care of noise and security.If you had any problems you could report it to the security and we would easily take care of any problem.We have control with guests and anything happening in the house for sure and we take care of the guests and try to help in any situation.Anyway thank you for staying with us.

Had so much fun here, it's definitely a place for young travellers, they organise a bar crawl every night which helps everyone get to know each other and the terrace everyone pre drinks on is lush with an amazing view in the day and great to lounge on with a hangover. Near a supermarket, not far from the beaches and harbour. Comfy beds, a place to cook and really good clean bathrooms :)

It lays about 10min walk from the centrum. It has a beautiful view over the sea. Nice helpfull staff.

good hostel, nice crowd! compfortable beds, nice lounge outside with the view to the sea. loooots of party :) and very friendly staff.

This hostel was one of the best we have stayed in. We stayed here for two nights and wanted to extend for another night but unfortunately they were fully booked. The only minor issue is the walk from the main bars and up hill but the islands really small so doesn't take long! Very sociable hostel, and helpful staff! Everyone makes use of the outside sitting area which creates a friendly atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend staying here

The staff and owners were extremely helpful in helping us to organise activities in the run up to our trip. And, when we arrived, we found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and with lovely balconies overlooking the sea. The bathrooms were also very clean, spacious and modern. The atmosphere at the hostel is great. I think this is largely thanks to the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, who do well to create contagious feel good vibe. Such a pleasant place to be.

• 29th Aug 2013