Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Villa Skansi was by far the best hostel I stayed in on my 6 week long trip. The facilities are great, even though there were some plumbing issues, they were promptly fixed. The kitchen has everything you need and there are always people there eating so it's a good place to socialize. The view from the terrace is also amazing. The pub crawls are fun and worth tagging along. The staff is also great, and they really become your friends while you're there. Skansi is probably best for those 18-25.

Nice enough hostel. Power went out a couple of times and the bathroom flooded on the lower level and got my backpack wet - the hazards of having a full house I suppose. I don't blame them at all since crap can happen to the best of places. Staff was friendly and helpful. No luggage lockers, only small personal ones. Bring your own lock. Security is trust-based - staff would keep an eye on things, but you usually depended on your trust in other guests. Average age felt to be around 19-20.

By far one of the best hostel I have stayed in. Great terrace with a beautiful view of hvar. Great staff. and they even have 2 tiki huts to hang out in. Its has a great atmosphere and social vibe.

Very nice hostel!!!! People are so nice and it feels like home! The staff are always there for you when you have questions! The kitchen is good to make friends because people can all eat together after! I met a lot of incredible people!!!! Don't hesitate, book this hostel!

Villa Skansi is doing a really good job. Everyone on the staff is really cool and helpful with the vibe of a permanent vacation. They took us to a free pub crawl and even arranged scuba diving for us. They are easy to find well located hostel and they make vacation in Hvar a great experience! Thank you so much

Awesome place. Great kitchen. Kind staff. Fun party place - definitely not somewhere to catch up on sleep. Overall, favourite place during my euro trip.

• 30th May 2014

Not comparable to other hostels! Amazing people and place - highly recommend

• 30th May 2014

After 5 wks of travelling many EU countries and hostels this has been by far the most impressive hostel I've stayed at. The staff are incredible, always helpful and the vibe they give the place is unmatchable to any other hostel. The outdoor cooking area is perfect for meeting new people and saving a few $'s. The free pubcrawl the staff puts on every night is always a good time. The beds are comfortable and the facilities are exceptionally clean. There is no fluke Villa Skansi is rated 100%

When i got there i thought, is this really i hostel??? Such a cool place! Sophie and all her lovely crew made me feel welcome from the moment i walked into reception. Vibe was great, just chilling out upstairs soaking in the view to begin, i could have just stayed there for the whole trip! Everything is so close walking distance you feel like its home away from home!! Can relax all day & party at night, what more do you want?? Will come again for sure Thnks 4 the experience :-) Daniel

• 28th May 2014

Best. Place. Ever! Not just a hostel, the staff are what makes the place a 100% rating. They instantly welcome you in and make you feel right at home. I had some great nights out and a lot of fun during the days, all thanks to the staff giving us good info.

Amazing hostel, the best I have ever stayed in so far. The staff is incredebly nice and helpfull. The free pub crawl is definatly worth it! We had a lot of fun. The kitchen and common areas are very nice.

This is one best hostel experiences I have had in the past 3 months of traveling in Europe. Location is walking distance to old town, multiple beaches, supermarket, etc. The staff and owner super nice and very helpful. They can help you set up boat rentals and scooter rentals. When we arrive they provided cake and fruit. The hostel has a kitchen large enough for everyone to cook. Downside is the strict 10pm quite hours but not to worry they run a bar crawl every night with free drinks!

Villa Skansi is like a big family. The hostel itself is really nice. The atmosphere was so great. We loved cooking in the outdoor kitchen with all of our new international friends. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated with incredible hospitality. We got a cute welcome plate of fruits and cakes! The free pub crawl was also really fun. It really did feel like we had just joined a big family. We hated to leave

this is by far the best hostel I've stayed in, booked 2 nights, ended up staying 5 total. If you get a chance, rent a scooter for a day and drive around the island, it's a surreal experience! Facilities are great, staff and volunteers are so helpful and fun, and the pubcrawl is so much fun! Markets are close, beaches as well. You end up hanging out on the terrace or in the kitchen area if you're not at the beach. Say hi to Matt, Laura, and Vana when you get in, they're the coolest cats around!

Great place!! Lovely staff and great facilities. Amazing terrace areas and kitchen. Love hvar!!

Best place I have been in 5 months of travelling. ..... the staff are amazing and its super clean. .. and had so much fun..

All Staff were so friendly and helpful. The accommodation itself was modern and comfortable! The location was ideal for walking to the coast and town square. I'd happily go back and recommend this to other people.

• 23rd May 2014

In my top three hostels! Comfy bed, great vibe and friendly staff! I will be back before winter!

This place is great!!!! Beautiful, location is wonderful, the staff really cares about making your experience on Hvar top notch. I couldn't recommend it more.

• 23rd May 2014

Villa Skansi is without doubt the best hostel I have stayed at and really made my trip to Hvar an enjoyable one! The private room was very well equipped with air con, and lovely ensuite as well as a fantastic sea view. The room and hostel were incredibly clean with cleaners working around the clock to maintain the high standards. The staff were lovely and helpful throughout the stay. The hostel was very secure and I felt comfortable leaving my possessions there as they have a night guard. 10/10