Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

One of the best hostels I've been too! The staff are fantastic! Help you with anything you need. Amazing atmosphere, they get everyone together for pre drinks then take you on a free bar crawl and always make sure everyone is being included. Best hostel in Hvar Town!

I was staying with 5 girls in my room and their brought 3 guys to slept with them one night. They were make a lot of noise at 6 am and a i ask to stop. The guy said to me to shut up and if i don't, he is going to broke my nose. I leave the room to try find a staff and i couldn't. This hostel doesn't have any control with your guests and i don't recommend because of this. Everybody can pass and go to the rooms or bathrooms.

Dear customer, during the night our security guard is in hostel and take care of noise and security.If you had any problems you could report it to the security and we would easily take care of any problem.We have control with guests and anything happening in the house for sure and we take care of the guests and try to help in any situation.Anyway thank you for staying with us.

Had so much fun here, it's definitely a place for young travellers, they organise a bar crawl every night which helps everyone get to know each other and the terrace everyone pre drinks on is lush with an amazing view in the day and great to lounge on with a hangover. Near a supermarket, not far from the beaches and harbour. Comfy beds, a place to cook and really good clean bathrooms :)

It lays about 10min walk from the centrum. It has a beautiful view over the sea. Nice helpfull staff.

good hostel, nice crowd! compfortable beds, nice lounge outside with the view to the sea. loooots of party :) and very friendly staff.

This hostel was one of the best we have stayed in. We stayed here for two nights and wanted to extend for another night but unfortunately they were fully booked. The only minor issue is the walk from the main bars and up hill but the islands really small so doesn't take long! Very sociable hostel, and helpful staff! Everyone makes use of the outside sitting area which creates a friendly atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend staying here

The staff and owners were extremely helpful in helping us to organise activities in the run up to our trip. And, when we arrived, we found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and with lovely balconies overlooking the sea. The bathrooms were also very clean, spacious and modern. The atmosphere at the hostel is great. I think this is largely thanks to the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, who do well to create contagious feel good vibe. Such a pleasant place to be.

• 29th Aug 2013

Villa Skansi is a beautiful villa located on top of the hill with nice, modern loungey furniture and super friendly staff. They have a great party vibe going, which is definitely awesome if you're 25 and under as most people at the hostel are. I like to party just as much as the next person but felt much older than all people there (I'm 32). That aside, I moved rooms the second night and had different experiences with each gang so it's definitely worth the stay.

Stayed here as a group of 6 girls. The hostel is up a hill which was irritating with all our luggage but couldn't be helped. Close to beach and five minutes away from bars etc. arrived to be told our room was double booked. Had to share in an 8 bed for the first night but the staff certainly made it up to us. Fabulous breakfast laid out for us and staff were mortified at their error. Moved room next day no problem. Will was great fun! All in all a great place to stay-would definitely recommend!

• 28th Aug 2013

Originally planned to stay for 3 days, ending up staying for 10. Fantastic hostel, with everything you could want plus more. Lovely owners, and reps who run the bar crawl (Will/Tom) absolutely make the place. Sad to have left. Will be back next year for longer. See you next year!

• 28th Aug 2013

Overall, my friend and I had a fantastic stay at Villa Skansi Backpackers. It is a very clean hostel, well laid out, has a fantastic balcony, and a great friendly and relaxed vibe. I was particularly impressed by the staff - whilst staying at the hostel, the night before I left my mobile phone went missing. The staff eventually found my phone, and went above and beyond the call of duty to return it to me. I am forever grateful for their kindness, and would thus strongly recommend this hostel.

If you are ever in Hvar this is the ONLY place to stay. We liked it so much we stayed an extra 4 nights. Staff are amazing and try and help you with any problems- giving us a few drinks after moving us from one room to another. If they don't have any rooms they will try their best to accommodate you- saved us one night. DON'T listen to people about the location, it's 5 minutes max. This great place, great people, made for a great trip! Will be returning !!

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Wales

We had such a nice stay in this hostel, unfortunately it was just for one night. I wish I stayed a bit longer. Next time maybe.

What a hostel of perfection! With every want, need and experience catered for, there is absolutely no way you can go wrong with villa skansi. The owners and staff couldn't be more welcoming and hospitable. Julia and co being the gorgeous owner of the hostel and Tom, the rocking life of the party will ensure that every night out ends with great stories ! Well be back for sure! Thank you for a fabulous week in Havar villa skansi! Gaby and Dana :)

Having an amazing time here, so much so, I'm staying another week! I've made great new friends, also the owners are so lovely, cleaning staff never stop cleaning so the place is spotless, Tom & Tom's pub crawl is loads of fun, night life, clubs and restaurants are great too. I highly recommend Villa Skanski, Hvar. Bon voyage!

Awesome hostel - loads of fun. Would definitely recommend. Love Cat, Nai & Kim

• 20th Aug 2013

Lovely hostel.. Expensive thou.. Only got to stay one night wish I could of stayed longer.. Good atmosphere, a free nightly pub crawl and the guys who run it are really nice/good at a creating a social atmosphere.. As I said wish I could of stayed longer.

We stayed in the Villa Skansi as we were attending a wedding in Hvar. As hostels go I can't fault these guys, we had the en suite private room and it had a big balcony with views of the water and was away from the main dorms so it was quieter, both doors had locks and shower faculties were sufficient. It got a little noisy late in the evening but you're in a hostel so what is there to expect. Only issue we had was with the toilet refilling after flushing but quickly sorted it.

• 19th Aug 2013

Best place i ever stayed. Its fun, clean, cossy. You will meet very nice people here. The staff always there to help and cheer you up. Make you feel at home. Many of friends that stay there always want to stay more time.

really good hostel, had a lot of fun, we had an issue with a friend, however were solved the best way...is one of the places i liked more in my whole trip... however they have to improve security...not because anything happened but because is key system yet...