Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Stayed here as a group of 6 girls. The hostel is up a hill which was irritating with all our luggage but couldn't be helped. Close to beach and five minutes away from bars etc. arrived to be told our room was double booked. Had to share in an 8 bed for the first night but the staff certainly made it up to us. Fabulous breakfast laid out for us and staff were mortified at their error. Moved room next day no problem. Will was great fun! All in all a great place to stay-would definitely recommend!

• 28th Aug 2013

Originally planned to stay for 3 days, ending up staying for 10. Fantastic hostel, with everything you could want plus more. Lovely owners, and reps who run the bar crawl (Will/Tom) absolutely make the place. Sad to have left. Will be back next year for longer. See you next year!

• 28th Aug 2013

Overall, my friend and I had a fantastic stay at Villa Skansi Backpackers. It is a very clean hostel, well laid out, has a fantastic balcony, and a great friendly and relaxed vibe. I was particularly impressed by the staff - whilst staying at the hostel, the night before I left my mobile phone went missing. The staff eventually found my phone, and went above and beyond the call of duty to return it to me. I am forever grateful for their kindness, and would thus strongly recommend this hostel.

If you are ever in Hvar this is the ONLY place to stay. We liked it so much we stayed an extra 4 nights. Staff are amazing and try and help you with any problems- giving us a few drinks after moving us from one room to another. If they don't have any rooms they will try their best to accommodate you- saved us one night. DON'T listen to people about the location, it's 5 minutes max. This great place, great people, made for a great trip! Will be returning !!

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Wales

We had such a nice stay in this hostel, unfortunately it was just for one night. I wish I stayed a bit longer. Next time maybe.

What a hostel of perfection! With every want, need and experience catered for, there is absolutely no way you can go wrong with villa skansi. The owners and staff couldn't be more welcoming and hospitable. Julia and co being the gorgeous owner of the hostel and Tom, the rocking life of the party will ensure that every night out ends with great stories ! Well be back for sure! Thank you for a fabulous week in Havar villa skansi! Gaby and Dana :)

Having an amazing time here, so much so, I'm staying another week! I've made great new friends, also the owners are so lovely, cleaning staff never stop cleaning so the place is spotless, Tom & Tom's pub crawl is loads of fun, night life, clubs and restaurants are great too. I highly recommend Villa Skanski, Hvar. Bon voyage!

Awesome hostel - loads of fun. Would definitely recommend. Love Cat, Nai & Kim

• 20th Aug 2013

Lovely hostel.. Expensive thou.. Only got to stay one night wish I could of stayed longer.. Good atmosphere, a free nightly pub crawl and the guys who run it are really nice/good at a creating a social atmosphere.. As I said wish I could of stayed longer.

We stayed in the Villa Skansi as we were attending a wedding in Hvar. As hostels go I can't fault these guys, we had the en suite private room and it had a big balcony with views of the water and was away from the main dorms so it was quieter, both doors had locks and shower faculties were sufficient. It got a little noisy late in the evening but you're in a hostel so what is there to expect. Only issue we had was with the toilet refilling after flushing but quickly sorted it.

• 19th Aug 2013

Best place i ever stayed. Its fun, clean, cossy. You will meet very nice people here. The staff always there to help and cheer you up. Make you feel at home. Many of friends that stay there always want to stay more time.

really good hostel, had a lot of fun, we had an issue with a friend, however were solved the best way...is one of the places i liked more in my whole trip... however they have to improve security...not because anything happened but because is key system yet...

Stayed in the Superior room - not really sure why it was superior. Main problem was that you could access the room from the front of the property. They did not have a locked door between the room and the bathrooms so anyone could come in. Lockers were very small. Good location, aircon, beds comfortable, clean environment and a good atmosphere.

THIS IS THE ONLY HOSTEL TO STAY AT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ALONE!!!! The girl working reception are super friendly and tell you everything you need to know about beaches, restaurants, bars, and clubs. There is security around all the time and when my key would not open my door they dealt with it in a timely manner- this was very nice because i was in a towel after a shower. AND THERE ARE THE TOMS!!!! Every night they provide you with a road map to party and experience Hvar to the max!!

I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Skansi. It was simple to find and in a very good location. I stayed in 3 different hostels during my time in Croatia and this on was by far the best. I loved the relaxed atmosphere and the social areas where many guests gathered to appreciate the lovely surroundings. The staff were very helpful and I would definitely recommend this place. I hope I will return one day.

• 10th Aug 2013

Excellent location and very nice rooms. Reps were very helpful. Good vibe.

• 6th Aug 2013

I stayed here August 2013, the place is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly & helpful. Great value for money, would definitely stay here again

• 6th Aug 2013

Really good hostel to stay at! The two Tom's make the hostel fun and get everyone involved to create a good atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. The only thing that wasn't great was the fact the 10 bed dorms only had one bathroom so if its a group of girls its a bit of a nightmare!

Awesome hostel! Great location near all the clubs and restaurants as well as beach. The hostel organizes pub crawls every night which is a great way to meet people. Our room had air con which is a must in August as it is sooo hot! Overall I would definitely stay there again!

We had a great stay here and it was surprising we could even get a room as the island was so busy! Lots of travellers and a great atmosphere, a ten minute walk from the main goings on (a walk I couldn't have navigated on my own!) and the lockers are not bag sized but it is perfectly safe and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and spoke perfect English. Thanks again :)