Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Lovely hostel.. Expensive thou.. Only got to stay one night wish I could of stayed longer.. Good atmosphere, a free nightly pub crawl and the guys who run it are really nice/good at a creating a social atmosphere.. As I said wish I could of stayed longer.

We stayed in the Villa Skansi as we were attending a wedding in Hvar. As hostels go I can't fault these guys, we had the en suite private room and it had a big balcony with views of the water and was away from the main dorms so it was quieter, both doors had locks and shower faculties were sufficient. It got a little noisy late in the evening but you're in a hostel so what is there to expect. Only issue we had was with the toilet refilling after flushing but quickly sorted it.

• 19th Aug 2013

Best place i ever stayed. Its fun, clean, cossy. You will meet very nice people here. The staff always there to help and cheer you up. Make you feel at home. Many of friends that stay there always want to stay more time.

really good hostel, had a lot of fun, we had an issue with a friend, however were solved the best way...is one of the places i liked more in my whole trip... however they have to improve security...not because anything happened but because is key system yet...

Stayed in the Superior room - not really sure why it was superior. Main problem was that you could access the room from the front of the property. They did not have a locked door between the room and the bathrooms so anyone could come in. Lockers were very small. Good location, aircon, beds comfortable, clean environment and a good atmosphere.

THIS IS THE ONLY HOSTEL TO STAY AT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ALONE!!!! The girl working reception are super friendly and tell you everything you need to know about beaches, restaurants, bars, and clubs. There is security around all the time and when my key would not open my door they dealt with it in a timely manner- this was very nice because i was in a towel after a shower. AND THERE ARE THE TOMS!!!! Every night they provide you with a road map to party and experience Hvar to the max!!

I really enjoyed my stay at Villa Skansi. It was simple to find and in a very good location. I stayed in 3 different hostels during my time in Croatia and this on was by far the best. I loved the relaxed atmosphere and the social areas where many guests gathered to appreciate the lovely surroundings. The staff were very helpful and I would definitely recommend this place. I hope I will return one day.

• 10th Aug 2013

Excellent location and very nice rooms. Reps were very helpful. Good vibe.

• 6th Aug 2013

I stayed here August 2013, the place is very clean and the staff are extremely friendly & helpful. Great value for money, would definitely stay here again

• 6th Aug 2013

Really good hostel to stay at! The two Tom's make the hostel fun and get everyone involved to create a good atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. The only thing that wasn't great was the fact the 10 bed dorms only had one bathroom so if its a group of girls its a bit of a nightmare!

Awesome hostel! Great location near all the clubs and restaurants as well as beach. The hostel organizes pub crawls every night which is a great way to meet people. Our room had air con which is a must in August as it is sooo hot! Overall I would definitely stay there again!

We had a great stay here and it was surprising we could even get a room as the island was so busy! Lots of travellers and a great atmosphere, a ten minute walk from the main goings on (a walk I couldn't have navigated on my own!) and the lockers are not bag sized but it is perfectly safe and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and spoke perfect English. Thanks again :)

This was a fairly cheap hostel and the atmosphere was very social. The outside space was good for socialising and the free nightly sangria party was great for meeting everyone before going into Hvar. Kitchen area was too small for the amount of people, just 4 hobs for everyone! Also the door to our dorm didn't lock or even shut and the other door just had a curtain seperating us from a communal bathroom. Bit of a walk into Hvar but not more than 15 minutes and close by to a mini-market!

• 1st Aug 2013

The people were really nice and friendly. We had a really good time! Location is also good. It is just maybe a bit expensive for the dorms, butl the city of Hvar is expensive in the summer.

Probably the best pick if you travel to Hvar alone and want to meet new people but.. the only thing that bothered me was the staff's lack of knowledge when it comes to activities other than pub crawls. Same thing with good eats actually. Be prepared and you'll love it.

Great staff and also good and cozy facilities. Nothing to complain!

• 31st Jul 2013

This is the best hostel I've stayed in!! it has a great location, very clean.

• Croatia

Fantastic Hostel. Staff were friendly Tom, Tom and Dom best pub crawl hosts ever

• 29th Jul 2013

This was my second stay at Villa Skansi in 3 years and the quality and friendliness of the hostel has not changed. I would definitely stay here again when back in Hvar.

• 29th Jul 2013

Best place to stay. Highly recommend staying at villa skansi. You won't be disappointed.

• 28th Jul 2013