Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Great place to meet cool people and there's a free pub crawl every night!!

The staff here were incredible. We were unable to get a ferry to vis and were stuck for accommodation. I booked on hostelworld but my booking was messed up and when we arrived they didn't have space for 2. They took it upon themselves to sort something for us. It's a party hostel for sure so don't expect to have a quite night. I didn't make the pub crawl with them which I am sure is great craic. Dorms are quite big

Staff superb

• 18th Aug 2014

The room is good. The bathroom also. The staff has an incredible energy. When you arrive there, the staff gives you some delicious watermelon. However I had a problem in this hostel. I booked a room with 6 people, but in my room there were 8 people. So I talked to the staff and they said to me that the price of the room with 6 or 8 people is the same. But the problem isnt' the price, and the quantity of people in the same place and use together the same bathroom. In my opinion, it isnt' fair.

I needed help and had no one to turn to and Hostel Skansi took excellent care of me. They treated me not as a customer, but as a member of their family. Without them my holiday would have been a disaster. I am tremendously grateful and will never forget their goodwill and care. If you are in Havr, and you should definitely come here because it's paradise, there is no other place to stay other than at Villa Skansi. This is the best place and is run by the best people. Thank you.

• 18th Aug 2014

Awesome hostel! It's in a great location, the rooms were very comfortable and had the best showers of any hostel I've stayed in. It's a really fun atmosphere and the staff are really great. The two guys who run the pub crawl every night are super friendly and make sure everyone has fun. Would definitely go back to Villa Skansi if I ever return to Hvar, even just to hang out with those guys cause they're great company!

This hostel is a great party hostel for the summer on Hvar with a good central terrace where you can relax and meet the other guests. It's a bit pricey to stay but if you use the opportunities provided it will be worth it. The rooms have up to 14 people so only go if you're seasoned/comfortable with staying in hostels.

Cool place with a great vibe! We were lucky to get a small 2 person room off the main 8 person dorm. I think we would have struggled with space for luggage if in the main room. There were free lockers in the room for small backpacks which was handy and a bathroom per dorm plus extra communal one. Warning!! Not ideal if you're in hvar for a good sleep! I've never heard so many people vomit in one night loads of coming and going! Bar crawl is a must and can also recommend hiring a car to explore!

• 14th Aug 2014

Incredible atmosphere and location! There was never a dull moment all thanks to Bryant, the pub crawl leader. He made sure every single person was having a great time. Thanks for one memorable trip!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

Villa Skansi was one of the most enjoyable hostel experiences of our entire trip. The staff were so friendly and even greeted us with fresh watermelon and singing!! The couple who run it are amazing and were genuinely interested in getting to know us and getting involved. Each night there is a free bar crawl which is great fun and a great way to meet people! The rooms were clean and spacious with good lockers and the terrace area was stunning. I am looking forward to my next stay!

Lovely, friendly staff who make you feel instantly welcome. Communal areas are really good, overall a very sociable place to stay. Unfortunately rooms we're disappointing as they appeared to have out as many beds possible in rooms and they weren't as clean as other places I've stayed at.

Nice staff, great free pub crawl, terrace and kitchen. The lockers are small though, and my friend's iphone got stollen, although he forgot it on his bed..

The price, I had to pay (45 €), was far too high for the so-called “superior“ room (10 people dorm, dark, no windows, door to the kitchen area, you sleep next to two loud fridges, shabby bathroom, no towels included).

• 9th Aug 2014

Dear Friederike, The superior room is the most spacious in the hostel, the room has big glass sliding doors along with its own bathroom that is checked frequently by our cleaning staff. The price for the room was not 45 euros, if you check yours statement it was far less. Towels are for rent. Anyway, thank you for your stay

Slightly overrated hostel. Great place if you want a party atmosphere but our room wasn't very clean and the toilet was broken. I think people look past its shortcomings because of the atmosphere. Generally a good choice if you're coming to Hvar though. Don't come here if you want to stay in every night!

The atmosphere in the hostel was so much fun as the hostel has a variety of communal areas to socialise. The rooms were clean and well facilitated with lockers and a bathroom for each room. Staff were welcoming and helpful right from the start, where they offered you refreshing watermelon/fruit on your arrival. There's a free bar crawl every night, which I would highly recommend even if it's not usually your thing. Overall Skansi Hostel made our stay on Hvar an unforgettable experience.

This was my second time staying here in 2 years! Really nice and fun place to stay in HVar! One of the best hostels expeince ever! The staff is really nice!

• 6th Aug 2014

AMAZING hostel - don't stay anywhere else! Great place to meet people. Common areas have amazing views & kitchen is always clean w/ 3 fridges. Staff is amazing & hilarious! They do all they can to make sure you have lots to do during your stay. They educate you about where to go, eat, & what to do. They offer their own boat tours & have a FREE pub-crawl every night. If you want to sleep, quiet time is 10:00pm so best of both worlds. I will be coming back here for sure! I loved Hvar & VillaSkansi

Very nice hostel! Staff are amazing! Would definitely stay here again!

Staff were great, especially bojana! All lovely people and very helpful. Pub crawl every night was fun! Great travellers atmosphere. Most enjoyable place I've stayed at the whole trip, would recommend it to anyone.

• 29th Jul 2014

Very social hostel with good selection of room types and a fun atmosphere. Quiet policy means the hostel runs nightly bar crawls around the city which are a good way to meet other guests, as well as getting you free entry into some of the island's best venues. Well situated for the ports and the main tourist areas, and staff are helpful and welcoming.

• 29th Jul 2014