Villa Skansi Backpackers House Reviews

Lucica 2b, Hvar, Croatia

Great Location......Terrace has a magnificient view.

Awesome place! If you are in Hvar this is the place to stay! The stuff is fun and friendly, and the free PubCrawl every evening makes it easy to connect with other guests. One evening I had fever and lovely Bojalia were really nice covering me with blankets! Will definitely stay in this place next time in Hvar :) /Karin

Just the perfect place! Expensive for being Croatia but you can't put a price on this awesome service. Staff is very kind, professional and helpful (Bojalia is the nicest person in Croatia)! Also the free PubCrawl was really appreciated! I recommend this place to everyone that want to have a awesome time in Hvar! Cheers! // Tintin

We were happy to be welcomed by friendly women, they were helpful. However, the hostel has some stupid rules (you can't take a shower after midnight) and there's a stupid night guard that endorses it unreasonably without any sort of judgment. Two guys got back to the hostel 00:07 and were denied a shower! We had a room only with people from our group, we were making absolutely no noise and the guard kicked us out after coming 5 times to our room because "those are the rules". Not worth 37 euros

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVED this hostel. It has such a great atmosphere. The pub crawl is free and heaps of fun. Unfortunately I had to move to the hostel next door (due to bookinh) after 1 night. I spent the next 2 days/nighrs I was in hvar going over to villa skansi! I highly recommend staying here!

Hostel was great, staff are friendly, close walk to main areas, and had all the necessities. Staying with 6 people is a little tough since the rooms weren't very large. Would have preferred a 3/4 person room but nonetheless it was awesome. Also the sunset view from th balcony was unreal

Great place and atmosphere and really well organised wih nice touches. Bar Crawl enables you to meet lots of people. Balconies are great but a bit strict on roaming after ten!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a mixed room for one night, which was extremely clean and the bathroom was better than a hotel bathroom. We then stayed in a triple private room for the final 2 nights, which might as well have been a hotel room. We had our own terrace/balcony and they gave us little cookies on our pillows to welcome us! The staff are extremely friendly, and there is a bar crawl every evening. Highly highly recommend this hostel!

• 10th Jul 2014

The hostel is a bit difficult to find. Good atmosphere and nice terrasse.

sick place to stay. all the staff was really helpful and nice they also go out and party including the owners. brain who leads the pub crawl was awesome. he even helped out during the day showing me around the city a bit. location was great. they have ac

It was a great hostel but I am being slightly harsh as I'm comparing it to other hostels that were cheaper and better in some areas. Some areas of improvement could be the overly severe security regime which didn't seem to decrease noise levels particularly when reception is right next to the bed. The cleanliness of the kitchen and some of the staff help could be improved. That said the reception staff were extremely helpful. Overall it would be an average hostel for the price paid.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff was so warm, welcoming and fun.made sure we had a good time from the time we entered the hostel.One of the best common areas and kitchen I have seen during my travels.amazing place to meet fellow travellers or even to just relax during the day.The rooms were big and clean and the location was also quite central.The hostel in itself was a party hostel with pub crawls every night by Bryan and they knew exactly what has to be done in Hvar.always willing to help and arrange whatever needed

Great atmosphere, we were travelling as a couple and got to meet a lot of people there. There is a large kitchen area where you can cook your meal whilst chatting with the other travellers. Also there is a large terrace area where you can hang out. Location is okay, but you do have to walk and climb up a hill to get there from the city centre, it takes you about ten minutes. We had a 6p dorm, it was really small. The bathrooms were clean and Nice looking.

AMAZING PLACE! Villa Skansi is definitely my new favorite hostel. The atmosphere was comfortable, clean, and safe. I really enjoyed all of the communal areas they provide. The outdoor kitchen is awesome and huge! The staff was so helpful, friendly, and they actually cared about you and your stay. They offer a free nightly pregame and bar crawl which is a lot of fun. Every traveler we met was extremely friendly and social. I will definitely be back next year!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Villa Skansi was so much fun! Clean and comfortable with an incredibly social atmosphere and fantastic outdoor terrace!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Staff is super friendly and helpful and the bar crawls are so much fun! Also the scooter hire just outside the hostel is great!

Very pleasant stay. I feel like I was really staying in a villa and the staff is very welcoming. Great hostel to chill.

Amazing hostel. Best I have ever stayed in. Atmosphere and free pub crawls are excellent. There's no noise after ten so everyone goes on the pub crawl together. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful. Julia the owner is always smiling. The pub crawl leaders Brian, Mark and Erica and great. Reception staff are lovely are come out with us too. Truly the best hostel I've stayed in do far, I wonder if grandio party hostel in Budapest next could top this experience.

• 30th Jun 2014

Free bar crawl and shots were wholly welcomed! A lovely place to stay - liked the little japanese chairs in the garden. Rooms were kept lovely and cool by the aircon and the terrace is a great place to socialise. My only concern was the lack of security - the hostel is accessible from both the front and rear with no swipe cards or anything. The nightguard is on duty but always lock your room once you leave it or it really is vulnerable to theft!

Hi Lucy, we are sorry to hear that you didn't feel safe in our hostel. But I cannot agree with you on that. Reception that is on the entrance is open 24/7 and no one without a green wristband can enter the hostel during the day and during the night we have a night guard who is on the watch all the time. We don't let anyone without the wristband inside the hostel. Every dorm has lockers for valuable things.

Really good party vibe at this hostel and the pub crawl was a great way to meet people and get a few free shots! The staff were all young and extra friendly, great place ! Bit of a walk to town centre but not bad.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4