Villa Thony 1 House 1 Reviews

Ban Visun House No 26, Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Laos

Nice hostel, really big rooms and great shower. Only a 10 -15 min walk from anywhere you would need to be. Owner was very nice and helped whenever you needed. Breakfast at his uncles hostel 2 houses over was cheap and good. We would stay here again!

We stayed 3 nights in thony 1. We loved the room that its big, nice view. But the location is little far to walk around. And the atmosphere is very peace.

Very large room with a nice bathroom. Clean and comfortable

• 9th Jun 2014

Free drink and free banana. That helps a lot for a thirsty traveller like me. Good , polite, and helpful staff.

Staying there was a real good surprise. The room was really nice and the price was adapted. It was quiet and the housekeeper was helpful. You need 5 to 10 min walk to the city center.

The place is great! Bed is huge, comfortable, and so is the room and bathroom. Wifi works great. Free coffe tea or bananas at the morning. Safe place. Only problem its got is with the name. CAREFUL! There are 3 different thony house, and this one is in the same street as other one not as good. They'll have YOUR NAME AT THE FRONT DOOR if you made a booking!!!!!!!! Cons: 15 min walk to night market.. Not as close as other GHs but still worth it!

Lovely place ran by a really nice guy who was super kind and welcoming throughout. Really comfy beds and nice clean, cool rooms! Would certainly stay again!

When you just need a bed and a hot shower this place is perfect, and brilliant value. It was a huge double room with western style toilet and two big beds. The staff had limited English but that was OK. It is on the edge of Luang Prabang but you can walk anywhere in this town. If all I want is clean and comfortable I would come back here. If you want someone to arrange trips and cook meals etc, perhaps try somewhere else.

The room atmosphere was pleasing, clean, and well decorated. The staff was friendly but some spoke little English (other than one man who was around during the day). I was very pleased by the laundry service due to the fact that the old lady was scissoring off the pilling of my worn traveling clothes. It is about 10-15 minutes from the Main Street, but there is some stuff close by as well. Dispite appearing clean the bathroom stunk and the shower water was barely more than luke-warm.

We had a wonderful stay at this great guesthouse. The owner and his family working there are all very friendly and helpful and the place is nice and has everything you can ask for, including free fruit, water and coffee whenever you want. Good location near lots of bars and restaurants but still on a quiet street, The owner even helped us get to the hospital when I twisted my ankle and helped us during the whole visit, but asked for nothing in return, Very very appreciated!

Spent after thony another 3 nights in a guesthouse in the center near night market, which was cleaner and even cheaper, with own nice balcony next to some temples. Bed here is good, Room clean,but bathroom smelled and i.think it wasn't even cleaned at all after the Person before me...owner/manager very nice though.

• 13th Nov 2013

i am so sorry, i think you comment not our house Villa Thony1 house1,our house balcony not next some temples.and bathroom not smelled and we clean very time when some one check out, i am sure be cause i do all work in my house , if we have new guest chick in i tell a guest be for if there need to clean the room or need some think please tell , i think you comment not my House i think you stay at Thony 2 Guesthouse near Visoun temple not Villa Thony1 house1

Nice guest house, accommodating staff and quiet location but a bit pricey. Overall enjoyable stay.

Extemely nice staff. Most beautiful hostel room i've ever stayed in. mosquito net, air conditioning, a hot shower with great pressure, and clean nice bathroom. No bugs. 3 minute walk from all the bars and market.

• 13th Oct 2013

We liked our stay very much. The people were very friendly and helpful. The room was big and clean and we even extended for one night. There was no breakfast, though there were bananas and water availlable all day.

Got into luang prabang at around 5:30ish after a busride from hell the guy at reception made us wait around for a good 20 minutes to check his emails because we were 2 days later than what I originally booked. My mate and I were given a room with 1 double bed which we didn't really care about, but for what we paid in comparisson to other places around luang prabang we should've just gone somewhere else. It's not a bad guesthouse but not the best either.

Villa thony was a cute guest house on a side road. They provided free drinking water hot and cold. There was a fridge in the room which was nice. They also provided free bananas, coffee and tea which you could enjoy on their little veranda upstairs. Good location

very Nice place....and their staff (name "KEO") can explain about Tourist Location and very honestly , I recommended this place

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Indonesia

We really liked staying here, we originally booked for two nights and then ended up staying for four. It's only a small bit out from more central area but only a very short walk away and restaurants shops etc in this area were better value for money. Owner was lovely and other staff also.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. It's family-run. There's a lot of honour-system type stuff, but it works out fine that way in Laos. The atmosphere of the rooms was fantastic: the all-wood charm, the huge, intricately-tied-up mosquito net. I even had air-conditioning in my room. It was extremely cheap. The bathroom facilities left something to be desired, but were pretty good for the standards in Laos. Other than the bathroom, everything was very clean and nice.

• 20th Sep 2013

I liked staying here and it was overall a good experience. I think the hostel would benefit from installing screens on the doors and windows. There's mosquito nets on the beds, but it would help with the mosquitos flying around the room when you're not in bed. I appreciated the chat with Keo and it's nice being next to the school with the little ones coming and going. Pleasant hostel, great town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5