Village Camping Campogaio Santafortunata Reviews

Via Capo, 39, Sorrento, Italy

Its very good!!

I would never stay here again. It was terrible. Opted for their pricey cabin for me and girlfriend and hated it. First one had big bugs, the nastiest smell in bathroom and was overall upsetting. The shared bathrooms were ok "once" out of five days there. Only chose this place as a base camp because we ventured out to amalfi, Pompeii and other stuff everyday. If you want Sorrento seeing don't stay here you will be unhappy (unless a big group of partners, cause that is always ok)

Room okay, exactly what I expected. Decent, nothing exciting. The mattress is hilarious. 5 EUR to hire a towel it's a rip off though. Extremely noisy, because there's no soundproof but ok, that's not the problem. The problem is that they allow circulation all night of cars and motos in the internal roads of the camping. Couldn't sleep at all because a bunch of motorcyclists-losers were going up and down until 4am in the internal roads with their motos, and nobody told them a word.

There was hot water, which was great, and free breakfast. The private beach didn't have any sand, but you have a nice view and can swim in the water. Hostel is not quite in Sorrento--about a 30 minute walk or a 15 minute bus ride from the train station.

The views of Sorrento were spectacular. We loved our time here.

Loved my stay here! SITA comes right in front of the camp to go to town and back. If you don't want to wait then nice walk and not too too long. Facilities are excellent. The place is well kept. Staff very nice and helpful. Bus tickets to town and Amalfi cost can be purchased right at reception. Pretty quiet scene, very relaxing. I'd recommend this place for sure. I would probably try a restaurant in town though next time :P

Nice location, friendly people, great atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again. The only negative thing is that you have to pay for WIFI.

This was definitely a great place to stay to save some money in expensive Sorrento. It's about a half hour walk into town or a quick bus ride (don't take a cab -- it cost us 20 euro for less that 10 minutes!). We loved our cute little cabin and the private beach. We were a bit worried that it might be noisy at night with partiers, but were pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a problem after around midnight.

the plastic cabins are small and poor and for the same price we got afterwards beatifull houses so your price is too high for such low accomodation. but thanks anyhow

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Israel

I loved this place. the private beach, the lovely walks, the beautiful view. The kitchens are horrible though. If you are going to have a kitchen then please help keep it nice and provide some kind of cooking equipment, i didn't want to touch anything. The day trip to Capri is a great activity as well!

We loved our stay here. The cabin was very clean, the area around the pool was nice, the restaurant offers some good and affordable options for dinner and amazing views! It is easy to get to the center of Sorrento by bus as well as walking (although there are portions of the road with no side walks which might make one feel unsafe-we loved it). The staff offers plenty of information, as well as timetables which are very handy! We also did the trip to Capri which we enjoyed. Would stay here again

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Romania

This place was just what we needed after being on the go in all the tourist spots in Italy. It was sooooo quiet, and well set out. It had a little store (which was VERY well priced with such a good selection) had access to its own "beach" (by europe standards at least. No sand. Just rocks) and the restaurant was also well priced. Although the (im guessing owner?) older blonde haired lady that ran the restaurant was scary and rationed out the parmesan cheese. Breakfast included! Bargain.

Staff were very unhelpful. I booked a big room in order to meet people and they put me in a cabin on my own and when i asked if there was anything to do or meet people they just shrugged and told me that was how it was. Sorrento is beautiful but shame you have to walk down the death trap of a highway to get there. Great place to chill out with a group but if you are on you own i would not recommend it.

A very long walk to 'beach'; all large rocks/boulders, no wading or sandy beach here. Tried the pool, attendant said we would have to buy a swim cap to use the pool and they were closed at 7:30pm. The rooms were filthy. No dish soap considering some dishes were dirty in cupboards, you can assume dishes are often just rinsed and put away. No towel holders. Shower so small and dirty. Rooms smelled really bad. Arrived at 8:30 p.m., restaurant and the store both closed. Pathetic breakfast!

• 17th Jun 2013

Cabins are good and its a 20 min walk to the edge of town, prob another 15mins to bus & train station. A nice walk apart from some of it is without pavement altho this is normal for the area, just beware and be careful. Campsite restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Swimming pool nice. Breakfast was good also. The campsite is easy to find and well signposted. The line A bus is ok altho does not always run to time so you could end up waiting a bit.

Keeping in mind that this is a campsite, it was a fantastic place to stay in Sorrento. The campsite staff was kind and helpful, and it was an easy 25ish min walk into town. My only complaint was that the restaurant staff seemed completely frazzled most of the time, I had to ask 3 times for my check when I ate dinner there and they were unorganized at breakfast all three mornings and seemed unable to comunicate among themselves if I had been charged yet which was quite annoying 3 days in a row.

Awesome place where you get great views. Short walk to sorrento. There wasn't much atmosphere while we were there but you can tell it builds. There is a petting zoo! And a 'beach'. Had to pay for wifi and was only in some areas but it was all good

A wonderful stay! Clean cabin in a nature setting, a private rocky beach, just a short walk/bus ride away from town. (up a hill but beautiful views) the staff helped with check in/out & that was the only time we saw them. Overall, would definitely recommend,

Great hostel. It had all the amenities we needed, plus so much more: the beach, the pool, even a petting zoo! Could not be beat for the price. Hostel itself was about a 30 minute walk from the port in Sorrento, but the hike up to it offered beautiful views and never bothered us. The staff was incredibly nice, particularly the breakfast and restaurant crew, who went out of their way to make sure we had food, even when we had to leave before breakfast officially opened.

• 11th May 2013

Absolutely great place, economical, and more so a clean- wonderful place to sleep and stay!

• 1st May 2013