Villas Jacquelina Reviews

Manuel Antonio National Park, Quepos, Costa Rica

Villas Jacqueline is a great place to stay. The rooms are very clean. Very cool place. Great breakfast! Esteban runs the place and does a great job!

We had an excelent stay in your lovely hostel! Over the last 5 months it was one of the best we've stayed in. Thank you very much!

• 30th Jun 2014

Great place to stay if you have a car. A far walk from town if you do not have a vehicle.

• 25th Jun 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights because I loved it so much! It is a 15 minute walk out of town so the atmosphere is very tranquil. The facilities are new and very clean. The pool is amazing!!! The staff were also very friendly and helpful - the owners son even set up his computer with huge speakers so I could watch the most recent Game of Thrones! My only complaint is that no one told us me I had to flick a switch in my room to have hot water in the bathroom, so I had very cold showers for 3 days.

Beautiful views, friendly and helpful staff, and the option to eat a filling and cheap ($6) breakfast before starting your day at the beach or spotting monkeys in Manuel Antonio. This is a really cool little spot and a lucky find on our part. Would definitely recommend!

Very quiet, a little out of town but a lovely clean place to rest if you want tranquility. Breakfast is steep compared to local options in town at 6USD/person. Activities are similarly expensive ranging from 30USD to paddle board and 60USD for a waterfall day out but if you have the cash a nice place to holiday

No complaints except for the fact that I might not recommend staying there if you don't have a car. It's a little ways outside of Quepos, and a long ways from Manuel Antonio (not walkable), so you'll have to arrange transportation. The hostel staff is great about helping with this though from what I saw. Pool and hammocks were awesome. Just a note that breakfast wasn't included. Staff was fantastic (the owner's son) and from the States so obviously really easy to communicate with in English.

We enjoyed staying at Jaquelina. The room itself was nice. But a room called "superior" could have some more furniture than just a bed. I expected it to be a bit mor cosy.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel! We loved our stay there so much, we even decided to extend it. Steve is very nice and helpful, he drove us to town every day. We spent a lot of time on the beautiful terrace and in the pool. Definetly would recomend it! ("roll, baby, roll" :)

We've just spent a few days at this place. The rooms and the kitchen are very clean and they also have a nice terrace to hang out. It's just a short walk from the city centre, so its a silent place. Also the owner Steve is a cool guy that can help u with everything.

Cool hostel but SUPER far away from everything. If you don't have a car it's kinda a mission to do anything (about 20 min walk on dirt road). Hang out area was super cool. Really basic room. Shared computer was a nice surprise! Soooo much chlorine in the little pool, changed my bathing suit color!!! Owner was nice but kinda a scatter brain. Overall pretty good hostel but far from town.

They had trouble finding our reservation and put us in different rooms, which was fine. It just felt like we were an inconvenience to them. There is no AC just fans but it was still sweltering. The hostel is a 15 minute walk to the city or a cheap taxi ride and they offer a free ride into town in the morning. Overall it's a good hostel and they will help book any tour for you or answer any questions.

Loved this place! Staff were pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. Enjoyed the extras like an optional delicious breakfast and yoga lessons. They have a great gathering room overlooking the forest that was a great place to gather with new friends in the evening. Lots of value for the money!

It's not easy to evaluate the hostel as we had an upgrade (paid for a double bed without bathroom but get a triple room with bathroom). It's not in the center of Quepos but it's easy to go there by foot anyway. The welcome and the staff are excellent, as well as the atmosphere. Definitely a good place to stay !!!

View all Quepos Bed and Breakfasts