Villas Macondo Reviews

Plaza Conchal, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Staff was friendly. Staff was conscience of security. There was a safe in the room and they locked gate where you park. Location was great. Minute walk from supermarket and center of town. Atmosphere seems like can be a party place, but when i stayed, no one was there (low season). I can see how it can get loud though b/c all the rooms are pretty much around the pool. Room was clean, but had these fire ant looking things crawling on the ground, but didn't bother me. Would stay again.

• 29th Jun 2014

Good location. Not really a hostel. I would recommend.

Real close to the beach and the main street. The pool was nice. I wish they left the net out to clean the pool everyonce in a while. The rooms were great, clean, and spacious. The staff was nice too. I would check back in here and try the room that had 2 floors.

Really liked the decor of the rooms, felt traditional. Pool was nice too.

Staff very friendly and considerate. Complaints are few. One was that the wifi would not connect in my room (#3) even though the transmitter was only 30 feet away (opposite room 7); si I had to carry my chair half way there and sit close to the transmitter. At home I have a booster antenna but no chance to try it here; bring yours if you have one. Secondly, the exit closer to town was a padlocked car gate; a 2d electromagnetic pedestrian gate would have been appreciated, and no less surveiled.

• 20th Apr 2014