Vinayak Guesthouse Reviews

Plot no. 4 , Kabir Marg, Banipark, Jaipur, India

Very well run, clean hostel with nice rooms and awesome staff. I'd say this hostel is the best choice for Jaipur, although it's quite a bit to walk until your in the old city, but Vinayak is in the main hostel/hotel area, which means that there is a bit of a way to walk from almost every place...

Great, comfortable place with a nice rooftop and lounge to hang out. The staff helped us book onward travel and was very accommodating when we arrived at 1am.

Nice enough family running the place however "home away from home" is not how I would describe it. Found an old half-eaten momo under the table (within plain sight) in my room as soon as I walked in. Floor felt gritty and unswept. Bathroom will not win any cleanliness awards but for 250 rupees, it's not a bad deal. Could do without the yelling EVERY morning right outside my door at 7am by the staff. Simple room which is fine but needs a cleaning. Food at restaurant was average. Meh..

The restaurant takes so long to bring ur food after u order it but good food. And I have sent my clothes and friends clothes to wash and they didn't separed the colour one and white what damage the white ones apart they lost few pairs of socks ( good ones).

A lovely place to stay. The family goes out of their way to take care of your every need. A true oasis in the desert. You get the feeling that they do what they do simply to make people feel good and making money is an afterthought. Highly recommend.

It's a really nice place to stay. The building is cosy and pleasent. It has a nice roof-top restaurant too. Staff helpful. Walking distance to the train station, in a quiet neighbourhood. We recommand!

Good hotel with very nice staff! Our rooms was big and clean and the wifi worked perfectly well in the room. Its a bit away from the main attractions, but otherwise great! We booked a rickshaw tour through them, it was excellent! If you do it ask for Bablo!!

One of the best guesthouse in India so far. Do enjoy their rooftop restaurant or bar, serve delicious local vegetarian cuisines at reasonable price. Beautiful interior as well!

Best Hotel in India! Just the right amount of support, very honest people. Very clean, hot showers big comfy beds and lovely decorated rooms.

• 1st Feb 2014

Nothing special. Cold stuff. Far away from all the attractions.

A very pleasant stay here. Room was clean and comfortable and a great atmosphere with other travellers on the rooftop!

The room was one of the best the we had India, spacious and clean. Within walking distance to the train station but far away from the city centre. Only criticism was when we tried to order food from the roof top restaurant the boy working in the kitchen told us the curry we wanted wasn't available, 10 minutes later the owner took an order for the dish that was 'Unavailable'.

• 28th Jan 2014

The Hostel was great and the son of the hostel was amazing. He was very helpful with all of our questions and he set us up with a tuktuk driver for the day to take us to all the temples in Jaipur for 500 rupees. They have hot water all day which was a plus. I arrived at 6:00 in the morning and they gave me a room for no extra charge. Also, their food is the cheapest in the area and its also very good and you get a very good portion. If you stay on first floor, you will not have wifi. Loved it!

Brilliant hostel. Hot showers, friendly staff and full of like minded travellers which you can meet in the wifi room or on the roof terrace. The room I reserved was occupied by a sick customer wishing to stay and extra night, so I was upgraded to a better room for the same price. The restaurant is ok, you can find much better food if you go into town.

1 2 Next » last »