Vinh Huy Hotel Reviews

203 ly thuong kiet, Hoi An town, Hoi An, Vietnam

Room was large and clean with a comfortable bed. The staff were always welcoming and friendly. Our only gripe is that we had to argue the final price at checkout, make sure you look at your bill.

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and spacious rooms, close to the CBD ! Stayed for 2 tonight's and would gladly stay again. It's affordable and relaxed vibe. Thanks :)

• 6th Feb 2014

Not one to write bad reviews but this is appaling customer service once you've put your hand in your pocket. first they were helpful and friendly but once scamming us with exchange rate, bus tickets, halong bay trip they were rude, aggressive and refused to give anything back. We paid over $100 too much after being assured that was the best possible price for a bus to hanoi and then a 1day trip to halong bay from there. Hung up on us, and kicked us out of office, wouldn't let us cancel. SCAM

• 31st Jan 2014

Simply put there is no atmosphere in this hotel with little chance of meeting new people or generally socialising. Staff are ok, but not that great. But, it's cheap and that's all that really matters isn't it?

Not just bad, terrible. We booked this hotel for 3 nights last week when we got there from Ho Chi Minh, as if the journey is not heavy enough we got there to find out they've double booked the room. My wife and I were so annoyed and tired, the lady at the reception found this amusing and offered us a room in a similar hotel where we had to walk with our lugagged etc...The location was not close to the city centre. We decided to look for something else at 22h, she refused to pay booking fees back

Our sink didnt work (the water fell directly in the floor). Not exactly in the city center, but a 10 minute walk. If you want to stay in a cheap place, its good.

Over all our stay was good,, but cleanliness was the worst thing. Damp bed as the walls were full of mould, so any cloths that we left out were damp. Very spacious rooms but not so sure about the plaster stuck over the whole in the bath. But hot water.

• 3rd Jan 2014

The photos do no correspond at all to the rooms. The real rooms are very old, dirty, paint is falling from the wall, and the sheets are dirty. Do not book rooms in this hotel.

Your typical $10/night South-East Asian hotel. This is a hotel - not a hostel (no atmosphere). There are no hostels in Hoi An. Nice staff - although they often remind you of available tours, tailor services, taxi, pickup shuttles - on which they make a commission. The staff insists on keeping your passport during your stay - which was the first time I encountered this in Vietnam.

I ended up not staying at this worn down place, with brocken shower floor and very marked linen. The reception staff just told me bad things about Hoian and what not to do, which was not very welcoming at all. Happely I found a lovely homestay, where I enjoyed my new year in beautiful Hoian.

The staff was nice, but they tried to charge me more than the price should have been.

Very comfy beds in our twin en suite room and double beds too which was a nice surprise. Good bathroom with separate shower. The wifi didn't work in our upstairs room though and when we left, the staff tried to over charge us which ended our, otherwise fine stay, on a sour note.

Friendly staff, helpful with city maps booking buses etc. Cleanliness is fairly average,especially compared to accommodation in other vietnam cities in the same price range.

We really enjoyed our stay in lovely hoi an. The lady at reception was soo friendly, told us everything we needed to know and made sure we're safe. Rooms were nice, Wifi was fast and the location was great as well! Would definitely recommend!

I really loved my stay at Vinh Huy Hotel. The woman at reception (who I believe is the owner) was so kind, and was very eager to give me advice for the city. The only issue I had was the presence of quite a few (really tiny) ants in my room, but they weren't very bothersome. For the price, it's definitely a good choice (in terms of facilities and helpfulness of staff).

• 18th Nov 2013

First room (prison cell) they furnished us with was awful, ants in the damp bed, no window, broken TV and A/C appeared to be decorational. We complained and got moved to a better room, had balcony, and was cleaner but bathroom had seen better days. Wifi was standard.

They shutting off A.C, all time without my perrmition on hot day.