Vintage Boutique Hostel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

This is a "vintage" hostel. We were in a mixed four person room bathroom ensuite. First, there was one outlet in the room. Second, there were good sized holes in the ceiling and walls. The bathroom was okay, tiny shower: I'm 5'8" and my friend is 5' we both were having difficulties showering. Finally, the wifi only works in the lobby area and it wasn't working well. We spent more time trying to log on then actually being on the internet before it cut us off.

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of renewing the hostels, in the newest rooms there's at least one outlet per bed. In regards the wifi, we're expecting a brand new system within the next 4 weeks that will enable us to offer wifi even at the rooms.

The Wi-Fi is non-existing in the rooms and quite poor in the common room. Also the location is very far from everything. But the kitchen is excellent.

• Denmark

Hi, thanks for your review. The wifi performance hasn't been good at all. We have ordered a new system that should be installes throughout the hostel within the next 3 to 4 weeks. In regards the location, I have to disagree about this, you can be at every major attraction in no more than 20 minutes which is very good for a major european capital

I stayed in a private room, it was small but functional. The staff were very good and helped with any of my tourist questions! Location was ideal. Breakfast was the only negative, as I felt there could have been a better selection. Overall, really enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend!

• 4th Aug 2014

The access to Gare du Nord was great, as well as the location near Montmartre. Rooms were ok, but lockers were too small, about an A4 size paper in the rooms, there were more at the reception just a bit more bigger.

• 4th Aug 2014

Hi, thank you for your comments. We'll take it into consideration so we can continue to improve our facilities. Hope to see you soon!

Close to metro, no A/C

Great and fun place! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hostel is 5 minutes walk to Averne train station and 10 minutes walk to Gare Du Nord Station. Walking distance to Sacre de Coeur. A lot of restaurants and cafes around. I would go back to this hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

We stayed in a three bed private ensuite room and although it was a little small it was comfortable and very clean. Location was excellent, around 10 minutes walk from the sacre coeur and around 3 to the Anvers metro station. Had to be early for breakfast though (bread, croissants and jams), or there will be nothing left! We enjoyed our stay.

Thanks for your comments. We will make sure to ask our breakfast staff to keep better control so there's availability even towards the end of the breakfast time!

first hostel I have been to where the windows open! so nice to sit on the balcony. staff were so friendly and really helpful.

• 26th Jul 2014

Thank you! we hope to see you soon!

When we were in line waiting to check in there was a very upset man angry because some valuables had been stolen from the room. no luggage storage meaning you leave your things at risk with complete strangers in your dorm. Had to get a 15 min metro to the main sites. However staff were friendly and there is a supermarket next door and the cooking facilities were very good making it cheap if you don't want to eat out.

Thank you for your feedback. We do remember this situation in which this particular man left his items unattended at the lobby, not at his room. Even though we have a surveillance system it's also good to keep an eye on everything. We will make sure to evaluate whether its possible to add bigger lockers or not.

Great hostel! The only negative point is the kitchen, too small!

Thanks! It's a shame to have gotten 69% though..

We stayed in a 3 bed private that was undoubtedly worth the price. Conveniently located near the main train station/subway, super clean, friendly/helpful staff. The only complaint we had was that the wifi was only in available in the common room and often didn't even work there. Other than that, highly recommended!

Very nice and a good location. Some of the staff could have been friendlier but overall great place. This is my second stay and I will be coming back.

It's a good hostel, not the best situated, but for the pricing, it's fair enough. The Wi-Fi is really bad! They should fix it,

We have ordered a new wifi system that should be installed within the next 3 to 4 weeks. We invite you to test it out!

On an upper floor in the summer, the rooms are quite hot, even with an open window. Traffic is also clearly audible, window open or closed. The location is great; it's a short walk from Gare du Nord. Breakfast is free but scanty--just rolls and beverages, no protein. There was always quite a line at reception, regardless of time of day. Wifi does not work well when many people are using it, and is only available in the common area.

Hi. I must admit I'm surprised with your comments, the entire building has a very good AC hot/cold system. Did you address this issue at the reception? The breakfast is advertised as a parisian breakfast which is what locals eat, for proteins and more complete options hotels normally charge above €9,00 extra.

I stayed in a shared female dorm and the bathroom was always clean. Beds and mattress seem to be new. The air conditioner was very good. Friendly staff and really near to Gare du Nord. Breakfast could be better and the cooker didn't work but they have a good micro-wave. I recommend this hostel.

It's mostly the place the hostel's in that's marred my experience I guess - Gare du Nord area, not very secure or free as I'd expect, and not even remotely clean. With the facilities, it was quite an expensive place now that I look back at it, and I actually happened to come back to Paris towards the end of my trip and have a better experience overall.

Hi, it'd be great if you could send us an email with more details about what made your stay so unpleasant. Your review is rather vague and doesn't give us the chance to improve. Thanks in advance.

The staff is very nice and helpful. The place is in desperate need of repair. Wallpaper peeling off walls, paint needed all over and in general very rundown. We paid extra for ensuite and the whole shower curtain assembly collapsed the first day. It still had not been repaired 4 days later.

Thanks for your comments. We have renovated 3/4 of the hostel, unfortunately you stayed in one of the last rooms that were not renovated. I sincerely apologize for the bad experience and hope we can make it up to you in the future.

This was a decent hostel to stay at in Paris. Location is great and it's easy to find. The staff were also very accommodating about leaving bags there before check in. They were quite busy, though, and it was hard to talk to staff given the nonstop flow of people checking out or in. Rooms were OK; each dorm has its own bathroom which is always nice. Common area is alright, but not great. I'd stay here again but would also look at other places first.

My bag got snatched walking into this hostel during my 4 night stay, the area was not the best and some of the staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful. The wifi did not work 3 out of 4 nights I was there. A friend was pickpocketed in the area.

Hi, I've sent you an email privately in order to discuss this. I hope to hear from you soon.

Unsafe neighborhood...staff rude and unhelpful. Some rooms falling apart, terrible atmosphere because of school groups. One of the computers never worked

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5