Vintage Boutique Hostel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Much too expensive, kitchen is very average, 2 hot plates that take 35mins to boil 1L of water. Not allowed to have beers inside, even just one. The staff just throw sheets at you and send you on your way.. Has to be better places to stay in Paris then this. It is however close to gate du Nord train station. The wifi rarely works in the rooms and housekeeping don't knock, they just scan the card and enter whenever they feel...as early as 9:30am or even as late as 5pm.. Not sure why!

Hi, Thanks for your comments. The beer restriction is a legal requirement. We have mentioned the issues you comment on to our staff and will keep a closer eye on our customer service. Wifi is being improved as we speak, it will be open to use in the entire building. We hope to see you soon. Kind regards. Alex

The cost is little higher than the facilities we get.The breakfast was not good.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Wifi was only downstairs and you had to get new login information everytime you wanted to access it. Breakfast was pretty good, the location is right near Sacre Coeur and the main train station which is convenient. Expensive, but everything in Paris is expensive. Try St. Christopher's instead, it's about five minutes away and a much more social atmosphere.

• 5th Jun 2014

Hi, As mentioned in other comments, we are in the verge of improving our wifi facilities and opening the network throughout the building. St. Christopher's is expensive, they don't have a kitchen facilities. Kind regards, Alex

Very good location.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • China

Fantastic hostel. Minutes from the Gare du Nord, on several Metro lines, great lounge atmosphere, right in Montmartre/Pigalle, steps from Sacre-Coeur. One of the best neighborhoods in Paris and it was right out the door.

We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom. We had a short time early in the evening when we had no water in our room because it had been shut off for the construction/renovation. That was a bit annoying since we would have liked to get a drink and take showers, but not a big deal. Otherwise the room was quite small, but nice and easily fit our needs. The breakfast was simple, but it was fresh and tasty. Overall it was a good experience and I would definitely return or recommend it.

Location was good for getting around, anywhere more central would have been significantly more expensive. Staff were rude during the booking but friendly at the front desk. We stayed in two rooms, one was falling apart and had very old beds, mouldy ceilings, etc. The other room was slightly better but still below the quality of other hostels we stayed in.

• 1st Jun 2014

Hi, I'd like to hear more about what happened with the staff member you described. The only way to improve oour service is by being able to uptrain everyone and make sure we offer top notch customer service. We just finished renovating the entire building. Hope to see you soon! Best, Alex

Hostel is in a good location, close to transport, food,, shopping etc. Staff are friendly and helpfull. Bathrooms were small but clean.

Very friendly staff! Willing to answer all kinds of questions!

• 27th May 2014
  • China

The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and helpful with the hostel located close to popular attractions and convenient to the metro system.

Friendly people, really nice place!

Had a great time. Staff was great especially the young man in the afternoon, forgot his name I'm sorry. He always had a big smile for everyone. See you all next year. Great place to stay there finishing up renovation a/c heat. Painting. Georg

Perhaps because it is under construction it was the worst out of all hostels that I chose to stay at in europe. Lots of stairs (i didn't mind with one backpack). Location/Price/Cleanliness are the 3 most important things to me for 1 night. great location, very reasonable price. However it was exceptionally unclean. The shower had peeling walls. The room was worn down and just a general unclean atmosphere. I only found 1 plug in a room for 4. Breakfast was alright-not exceptionally good or bad.

Definitely only one star-very rundown. Young people seem to like to hang out here so maybe it is just not for us older folks. We had to go upstairs to get lift and then before our room get off lift and go up more stairs.

• 23rd May 2014

Hi, This is a hostel and not a hotel, it's not classified under the starts rating system. We're sorry your experience was not good, however the second set of stairs you mention is literally 6 steps. Building regulations in central Paris don't allow modifying historical buildings. Kind regards, Alex

Stayed in hostels for 2 months and this would be the lowest rated. 1) Woman at desk (didnt get her name) was the rudest person I have ever met. 2) Hostel was not nice for the money. I moved to another one for 1/2 the price and almost as nice. Wouldn't recommend for both reasons.

• 20th May 2014

Hi, It would be good if you could email me more details about your experience with the reception and what exactly happened with her. I'll make sure all customer service issues get fixed. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Alex

Very much enjoyed my stay. Staff was amazing!

SUPER friendly staff, luggage storage available, even if you haven't booked in yet, cos they're nice, it's SUPER close to the sacre coeur and montmartre, and a metro station so you can go everywhere else, and the common area is super big, it's just a pity everyone's on their technology nowadays, or it'd be a great way to meet people, and the breakfast is yum!! :)

Staff absolutely ruined this hostel and very nearly the trip. It was made very clear by senior members of staff that once they we had paid, no effort was made to be helpful or even plain old polite. There was a misunderstanding with some new members of staff and we were given the wrong information - fine no worries. However, instead of just explaining this we were shouted at and made to feel very unwelcome. Would bot reccomend.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It is in 10 minutes from Monmartre from one side, from the other - North railwaystation, 5 min from metro Anvers. There is also a stop of Hop-on-hop-off busses (I use them in every city I visit). The hostel is situated in a very calm district. I booked a bad in 10-mix room but they gave me a bad in a room for 4 (this is cool!) for the same price. The shower and WC is in the room. Everything is very clear and new.

This was my second stay at Vintage Boutique Hostel and I certainly did not regret returning. Perhaps just put up curtains at the windows. It was quite a shock to me and my dormmates to wake up to the construction workers painting away right outside our windows (also since the windows weren't locked). They didn't disturb us or anything, it was just a bit of a shock.