Vintage Boutique Hostel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Staff absolutely ruined this hostel and very nearly the trip. It was made very clear by senior members of staff that once they we had paid, no effort was made to be helpful or even plain old polite. There was a misunderstanding with some new members of staff and we were given the wrong information - fine no worries. However, instead of just explaining this we were shouted at and made to feel very unwelcome. Would bot reccomend.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It is in 10 minutes from Monmartre from one side, from the other - North railwaystation, 5 min from metro Anvers. There is also a stop of Hop-on-hop-off busses (I use them in every city I visit). The hostel is situated in a very calm district. I booked a bad in 10-mix room but they gave me a bad in a room for 4 (this is cool!) for the same price. The shower and WC is in the room. Everything is very clear and new.

This was my second stay at Vintage Boutique Hostel and I certainly did not regret returning. Perhaps just put up curtains at the windows. It was quite a shock to me and my dormmates to wake up to the construction workers painting away right outside our windows (also since the windows weren't locked). They didn't disturb us or anything, it was just a bit of a shock.

The name 'Vintage' unfortunately was a literal translation of the hostel as my floor was one of the only not under renovation it was in its original state - peeling wallpaper, one powerpoint and mouldy cramped bathroom. Also, I paid for a 4 bedroom female dorm and when I arrived was put in a 3 bed room with male occupants. Since my roommates seemed friendly at first, I did not ask to be moved however it was still poor form.

Hi, We just finished the renovation of the entire property. We're happy to announce there's no longer humidity or bad smell issues. Please let me know when you're coming back to Paris so we can make up for the room change. Kind regards, Alex

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location, walking distance from Gard du Nord Train station. The hostel also has a well stocked kitchen for preparing your own meals.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We hope to see you soon in Paris!

Very good hostel. The only thing I would change is to have lockers and more electricity plugs in the bedrooms.

Hello, we thank you for your review and hope to see you soon ! The superior dorms have lockers, but you could also use the lockers in the lobby. Best regards, Reception

Loved the atmosphere and the kind staff. Bed was comfy and get construction was not too much of a disturbance. The breakfast was only bread and drinks. Would stay again!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We are looking forward your next stay in Paris.

Wifi isn't so good. When you arrive you are given your bed sheets to make your bed.. Which is fine, but it's not so good when you check in late and 3 other people are asleep and then you somehow need to make your bed on the top bunk.. Not a great way to meet people.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we hope that you understand that it is to hard to make an exception since we would have to change the sheets for everyone in the hostel. We hope that the other guests knew the fact that in a hostel you put your own sheets and that they were not annoyed by your late arrival. Regarding the wifi, we are currently fixing the matter. We hope to see you soon.

Best experience in a hostel so far! The staff were super friendly, bathrooms clean, and the assorted breads at breakfast were simple & tasty. Felt more like a hotel than hostel

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that you had a nice experience at Le Vintage Hostel. We strive to give our costumer the most enjoyable stay in Paris. We hope to see you very soon.

I don't use to add reviews but I really liked them! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. The location is very good, near 3 or 4 metro stations.

• 21st Apr 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are proud to be the object of your first review!! We are glad that you enjoy your experience at Le Vintage Hostel and the prime location of the hostel. Hope to see you soon in Paris!!

Booking was 'lost' (again) but they had our details on record. Fortunately were able to still get a room, wouldn't have been very happy if we hadn't. Room facilities are pretty worn, but breakfast is included and there is Wifi connection available in room. Secure luggage storage is available

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to find out what happen with your reservation in order to make sure that it won't happen again. We are glad that you were able to have a room wt LE vintage Hostel and enjoy the complementary breakfast and all the amenities offer by the hostel. We hope to see you soon.

Best time!! Everyone here was amazingly friendly staff and other travellers. My sister and I had the best time, definitely will recommend - book in advance because they're getting more and more popular!

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you had a good time at Le Vintage Hostel. Hope to see you soon in Paris.

Breakfast was great! Nothing really to complain about as we had arrived very early in the morning and they let us leave our luggage in the storage room for the day and they let us use the wifi before we had actually checked in.

• 19th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a nice experience at Le Vintage Hostel. We hope to see you soon.

Walked in to a happy, lively and fun reception. Our room was clean, comfy and the bathroom great too. Loved the music - offbeat covers of songs and the foozball table. Breakfast was tasty, well-run and cozy. Only stayed one night, but will definitely be returning!

• 19th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We hope to welcome you again very soon in Paris.

I think that a Hostel that overbooks and then alerts its customers that it's been due to a technical difficulty can only mean that it's unprofessional and badly managed. We were sent to its sister hostel Aloha which was 30 minutes away from Gare du Nord. For some unexplained reason we were charged €20 extra, had to pay the remainder only in cash and had to do our own beds, plus pay deposit on the bed sheets. all of which was never mentioned on the website. The only redeeming feat was the view.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

Fantastic location: 10 mins from gare du nord and 10 mins from Montmartre and 5 mins from the nearest metro. Clean, friendly hostel with welcoming staff and a great atmosphere. Breakfast was simple but fresh and you can eat as much as you want. Fantastic value for money. Will stay there again.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Le Vintage Hostel especially our prime location. We are looking forward your next stay with us in Paris.

In my opinion the service is bad.Just one day before my arrival I got two strange mails with booking confirmations, although I booked at the beginning of march.When I phoned the hostel to figure out whether everything's alright with my booking I was told to send an email instead. Very unhelpful. The response to my email was that I would have to change room every day. Finally I had to change the room twice during my stay of 4nights. I was never treated like this in any other hostel where I stayed

• 16th Apr 2014

We stayed in a double room with ensuite on the 6th floor. The location was fantastic, right next to Anvers metro. There are also plenty of cheap places to eat around it and supermarkets etc. The room itself was quite run down and the bed had a big sag, but as they're doing renovations, I'll expect in a few months it'll be a nice place to stay. The staff were helpful. The breakfast was simple, but met the mark. However try to get there around or before 9am. They cleaned the room everyday.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel, especially the great location. In fact, we are in the last phase of renovations, we are looking forward your next stay with us, in the best conditions.

The staff are very friendly and always love to offer helps. One of them(Isabelle) even did me a lot of favor. I really felt like home then. By the way, the croissant of the breakfast was really nice.

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Le Vintage Hostel. We pride ourselves with friendliness and the helpfulness of our staff, the best in Paris!!! See you soon.

Lovely breakfast!

Thank you for your feedback! hope to see you soon to enjoy our complementary breakfast.