Vintage Boutique Hostel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Fantastic location: 10 mins from gare du nord and 10 mins from Montmartre and 5 mins from the nearest metro. Clean, friendly hostel with welcoming staff and a great atmosphere. Breakfast was simple but fresh and you can eat as much as you want. Fantastic value for money. Will stay there again.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Le Vintage Hostel especially our prime location. We are looking forward your next stay with us in Paris.

In my opinion the service is bad.Just one day before my arrival I got two strange mails with booking confirmations, although I booked at the beginning of march.When I phoned the hostel to figure out whether everything's alright with my booking I was told to send an email instead. Very unhelpful. The response to my email was that I would have to change room every day. Finally I had to change the room twice during my stay of 4nights. I was never treated like this in any other hostel where I stayed

• 16th Apr 2014

We stayed in a double room with ensuite on the 6th floor. The location was fantastic, right next to Anvers metro. There are also plenty of cheap places to eat around it and supermarkets etc. The room itself was quite run down and the bed had a big sag, but as they're doing renovations, I'll expect in a few months it'll be a nice place to stay. The staff were helpful. The breakfast was simple, but met the mark. However try to get there around or before 9am. They cleaned the room everyday.

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel, especially the great location. In fact, we are in the last phase of renovations, we are looking forward your next stay with us, in the best conditions.

The staff are very friendly and always love to offer helps. One of them(Isabelle) even did me a lot of favor. I really felt like home then. By the way, the croissant of the breakfast was really nice.

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Le Vintage Hostel. We pride ourselves with friendliness and the helpfulness of our staff, the best in Paris!!! See you soon.

Lovely breakfast!

Thank you for your feedback! hope to see you soon to enjoy our complementary breakfast.

At my first stay 2009 it's been great. This year I was disappointed. Because of the construction of the building we had no natural light in the room. We couldn't leave the windows open during the day. Bathroom was disgusting (had mold on the ceiling!). It seemed that it won't be cleaned everyday. The carpet (room & corridor) has holes. Also in the wallpapers. Only 2 plugs for 4 people. Staff was really nice, better breakfast than last time. They should think about reduced prices during work.

No soap, no shampoo. For towels we had to pay extra money. The whole building was covers in plastic, so there was no view. Breakfast was not that great. Plummings seemed to be a bit of a problem in the whole hostel. The voices carried through the walls so clearly, we didn´t get that much sleep during our stay. But the location was great.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Finland
  • All Female Group, 41+

I had a good time there. The breakfast is simple. The most staff are friendly. easy access to many touristic place of Paris by metro or somewhere I could to go foot.

There is a supermarket just near this hostel. It is possible to save money if you buy food there. And free wifi was available even in my room. Thanks.

The bag storage room before you check in isn't very secure. Lucky we didn't have any problems with people stealing things but it could have happen easily. It wasn't a bad hostel: fairly clean, nice, close to the metro. It didn't have a bar and the lockers in the room are small. Bring your own pillow! The ones the provide are flat.

Good place to stay in Paris, some staffs were very friendly but some of them were weird haha... The place is clean, everything working well... The location is good, if you go down street the neighborhood is not very good, so I recommend to aways go up street ;)... Anyway, it's a good value for money!

Rooms could be little bigger or with less beds, but generally it is a nice hostel. Distance from the Metro is (as usual) little fruther then explained. Staff is extremely nice and helpful.

Dear guest, We thank you for your stay at the Vintage. We take note of your suggestion and will do our best. We hope to welcome you agin another time and show you the pprogress made. Vintage team

The room and the bathroom were nasty, dirty and a messy. It was the worst hostel I've ever been. When I arrived the sheets of the other guest were still in the bed. During the period I've stayed, the room were never cleaned.

• 10th Mar 2014

As declared; the hostel is being renovated so the noise, mould and cracked walls are true, which would've been ok if you got a notice before booking. My room was probably better off than the other worst-case-scenarios described here, my only problem was that I booked a dorm but got a 3 Bed Private with a jucky ol' couple making their own noise (actually not the hostel's fault, this is just rude people). Apart from that, the night staff was really helpful and this is good value for your money.

Close to Metro. Clean kitchen. WiFi Internet works but few sockets in the common area. Dorms are small but with lockers inside and lights on each bed. Hot shower. Breakfast is ok.

There was building work meaning we couldn't open the window, the paint was peeling off the walls, the carpet was old and filthy, the bathroom stank of damp and had mould, and there was only one plug which was half hanging off in the room. For a 'boutique hostel' and the cost compared to another hostel we stayed in 5 mins walk away, it was disgusting. You also had to keep asking for a wifi pass everytime you re-connected. However, staff and breakfast were excellent

I just miss the w- fi in the bedroom.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Dear Guest, we thank you for your review and hope to see you soon. We want to keep a friendly and warm atmosphere in the lobby, so we don't provide wi-fi access in the rooms. Reception team

Great place to stay. Good location as is close to the Gare du Nord train station and Montemarte and if you don't mind walking about 30mins to other sites =) The staff were helpful when needed. Would stay here again

Dear Guest, we thank you for your review and hope to see you again. Reception team

The hostel is under construction and I stayed in a room with peeling walls and the grouting falling. The noise of the work started at 8 in the morning! The staff is not friendly, with the exception of the man in the morning, which is very kind and friendly. There was enough electricity outlets in the room, only 2 for 4 people. The wi-fi didn't work well! The breakfast, the aatmosphere and the location are good.

Dear Guest, we thank you for your review and take it into account to improve, we are renovating the hostel and are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Reception team

This hostel was ok compared to others I've stayed at in Europe. The staff were friendly and the room I stayed in was pretty clean. Wasn't impressed with the breakfast which was just crossiants and bread rolls with jam and butter. Tea, coffee and oj - normally there is cereal

Dear Guest, we thank you for your review and take it into account to improve. We offer to our guests a typical parisian breakfast with croissants and coffe, that's why there is no cereal. Reception team