Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

This was my first experience staying in a hostel in Europe, and despite some off-putting reviews about many hostels --- our stay here was very great. Granted, we only stayed one night. But the staff was really nice and allowed us to drop off our luggage. We stayed in a room of 4, on the 6th floor (with an elevator) and a cool window view of the street. Floors appeared clean, the shared bathroom for the room was in good condition. Sheets were clean and we had AC! Would stay here again definitely!

The hostel was perfectly located for me who had to take the train the next morning. The rooms and bathroom are small, but everything is clean, the 24h reception is a great plus! Breakfast was quite minimal but free, croissants, bread and jam, coffee and juice. So a bit expensive for what you get, but in Paris it's good value.

By far the best thing about this hostel was the room. We were up on the 6th floor in the roof and our balcony had the most beautiful view of Paris looking up the hill and down - I spent many hours sitting at that balcony writing! The rooms are good sized, clean and very interesting decor. Staff are great, very friendly and helpful - the lady who introduced me to the Hostel made me feel very welcome. Location close, great area, we walked a lot to most places we visited.

Vintage hostel is a great place to stay if visiting Paris! We had a 4 bed private room which was very clean and linen is provided at no extra cost! It is not far from the centre (easy to get there by metro) and there is plenty to do in the area around the hostel too! The staff were great! They are very happy to give directions and they recommended bars and clubs in the area and gave us vouchers for drinks! Overall great stay at vintage hostel and would definitely book again!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Clean and quiet rooms, location was decent. We took the metro a bunch to different attractions. Breakfast was decent, just coffee and toast. Might recommend to a friend.

It was rather expensive for what you got (rather no free breakfast and improved facilities ). Our private room could habehave been cleaner, especially the toilet. Also we had staff enter the room twice while we were in it. Not sure why. More security lockers needed. Good location through.

Great atmosphere. Very clean. Rooms are of an adequate size. Each bunk's bed has its own plug and night light, very useful detail. The lobby extends into the common areas and the kitchen open plan area. Very enjoyable stay.

The hostel is in walking distance from both Gare du Nord and Sacre Coeur - great location. The rooms are nice and clean. My 4-bed dorm had a dedicated bathroom with toilet and shower and an AC that you can control from within the room. Unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms. You need a key though both to enter the staircase and to enter the room. You can find a few lockers in the lobby. The breakfast was good - typical hostel breakfast with bread, croissants and jam. Recommended.

It's about a 45 minute walk from the main attractions and there are no lockers in the room. Sheets are provided but you need to make your own bed

It was an extremely nice room- felt like a hotel!!

No matter the number of free drink tickets they offer you, this place is not worth it. It was dirty, didn't have lockers, was in a very loud area, and the breakfast was just lousy. Spend the extra 10 euros and stay anywhere else.

The staff was excelent. It was also nice to finally stay at a hostel that had AC.

Dear guess, we would like to thank you about your visit and your so nice review, I am glad to see you enjoy your stay with us in VINTAGE HOSTEL and that you love our staff who always do their best in order to guarantee the best service. Hope to welcome you back soon Lida Manager

Great location near main rail station Gare du Nord but on a quiet street, the directions given on Hostelworld were spot on. Friendly helpful staff, great atmosphere and most importantly clean, tidy, quiet rooms with great air conditioning (good for sleeping). Excellent little reading lamp and power outlet beside each bed, the only bad point I could say would be the main door that leads to the rooms slams shut, making a bit of noise at times but it's not the worst. I would definitely stay again.

Do not book this hostel. Our room did not have secure luggage lockers (or any security in the rooms at all) and there was an overbooking of our room. When I went downstairs with my boyfriend to the front desk, we received very poor customer service and were told to "wait it out" and see if someone came in. So feeling unsafe, we fell asleep only to have to change rooms at 4am. I have contacted the hostel numerous times to detail this situation and request a refund, but have heard nothing. Bad!!

Great location, friendly staff- highly recommend!

The staffs are friendly facility are fine except the beds are shaking with noises. Besides, it should have 4 hooks in the bathroom for 4 person's dorm will be better, it's difficult to have only 1 hook for the hand towel only. We find no hooks to hang our clothing in the bathroom when bathing ..Anyway I'm glad that my roommates are friendly.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The warm and friendly welcome we received from Anni on our arrival is to be commended, I don't think we have been treated so well in all our travels. She is a huge asset to the Vintage Hotel and a great ambassador for Paris.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was amazing, It was my first time in Paris and my first time at a hostel. Not only was I alone, but as a female who doesn't speak the native language, I was skeptical. The breakfast was nice, the wifi worked very well throughout the facilities and everything was spotless clean in the room. I would definitely recommend this Hostel 100%.

• 9th Jun 2015

A great modern hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were really lovely and cleaned everyday. Amazing location, close to Gare de Nord and quite a few other metros so perfect for travelling around. The hostel wasn't very social unfortunately because there wasn't a bar and the communal area was quite boring. But again the area is lovely so lots of good bars and restaurants around.

Such friendly staff, great location and no strings or hassle for my quick stay.

• 6th Jun 2015