Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Very great hostel to stay at for a few days. It has everything you need and even though it's not near the Eiffel Tower of Louvre it's in a great location. Easy access to the Metro to get just about anywhere. It had excellent wifi and great free breakfast. I spent 2 nights there and only had 1 full day in Paris. I walked a huge loop visiting all the major sites in a day. Basillica - Moulin Rouge - Arc de Triomphe - E. Tower - Louvre - Notre Dame. Left at 10am back at 6pm in time for happy hour!!!

The guy on the desk was really welcoming and friendly, the location was brilliant and I felt safe as a solo female traveller. The bar/dining area wasn't the most sociable place but I guess that just depends on who else was staying. And the breakfast staff weren't very friendly! But breakfast was nice and I was very happy with my stay. Soap in the bathroom would be good though.

• 30th Aug 2015

Some staff were very friendly, others were not. In general, I was very well accommodated and was very comfortable during my stay. My facilities were clean and always available. The wifi was down twice during my stay, but when it was working, it was of excellent quality.

• 28th Aug 2015

Nice hostel located near the Gare du Nord, which made it very convenient to get around. Rooms were cleaned daily and wifi was good, which made for a comfortable stay.

Everything is nice with this hostel, it's clean, confortable, staff is friendly and attentive, room is pretty nice, bed linen perfectly clean, and it offers the standard parisian breakfast in hostels: 1 croissant (and butter/jam) + coffee + juice. The problem is the neighborhood. Gare du Nord is not a place to be fooling around at night, so if you are with baggage and/or arriving late, be very careful and make sure to watchout your surroundings while walking to the hostel.

Great location as well as really clean facility! I would definitly recommend!

Close to North Train Station, free breakfast, happy hour, lockers, bathroom in my room.

The hostel is a fairly short walk from Gare du Nord in an OK area. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful to us, in particular the lady who checked us in. The rooms are clean and the price is fair for the size of room and facilities on offer. Overall it was a very stress free and pleasant start to our trip...thanks to the reception staff at the hostel for their help.

It's really more like a hotel which has been converted to a hostel. The atmosphere is not like you would find in a normal European hostel and instead a little more formal. On the plus side, the pricing is great, location next to Gare du nord station (about 3 mins walk) is good if you're travelling by train, staff are good. Overall, it's alright if you just need a decent place to stay.

The rooms are clean and the so called renovations can only be seen in the bathroom. The bunk beds are low and squeaky. The kitchen is the most disappointing part. The fridge is college dorm sized which makes it hard to find space or retrieve items from the fridge. Also, because it's so small everyone just shoves what they can in sometimes leaving the door ajar. Overall, I loved the neighborhood and how close it is to public transit..

• 20th Aug 2015

Was really nice, and helpful staff

thanks for your visit and your review, we are glad to see you had a pleasant stay with us !!! hope to welcome you back soon!!! Lida Manager

Very chill place. Not a lot to do inside the hostel and not very fitting yto meet new people. All in all a good place to stay for a few nights

thanks for your visit and review. Sorry you didn't like the athmosphere who is on top during the free breakfast and happy hour, nice moments to meet people and from theth august we have free gym for all guest, you should definetely have to come back to see it!! safe travel Lida manager

It is a good hostel. Close to metro station. Close to pigalle area . Facilities are great but atmosphere is average.

Located right by the historic Montmartre district this hostel is prime location for some of Paris's best attractions. 7 minute walk from one of Paris's biggest train/metro stations, Gare Du Nord. So easy to navigate yourself from there. First hostel I've stayed at and was very pleased. Clean rooms/bathrooms, friendly staff and travelers. Lisa, Mohammed were very kind and helpful in directing me to certain locations and attractions. Laundry, snacks drinks and foosball are available in the lobby.

• 17th Aug 2015

Thanks for your visit and for your review!!! I am flattered to see you had a nice break among us in Vintage hostel and that you received a warm welcome from my staff and thanks also for nice review for Mohamed and Lysanne !! Hope to welcome you back soon in Vintage Hostel Lida Manager

Where to start! The rooms are tiny, it's a joke, 4 adult males in a room no bigger than 12m2 (at best). The attached bathroom is also very small and was cleaned once in 3 days. The bunk beds are flimsy and any small movement makes it shake uncontrollably. The heat in the room, wow! There's no fans, so we opened the window but had all the LOUD street noise. There's ONE plug socket for 4 people. Nowhere to lock anything in the room (a few lockers 4 levels down, yawn). Atmosphere is really bland.

Dear guess, thanks for your visit and for the review. I am very sorry to see you din't like your stay in VINTAGE HOSTEL . Is really that spaces are limited in paris and the rooms are quite small but they are enough confortable (air conditionning, wifi, bathroom..) We will take a look on the electricity problem of your room, and also the problem with bunk beds. Bytheway there are lot of nice service we propose as free breakfast and free wifi. Lida manager

Room a little small but great atmosphere in hostel and really easy to meet people. Convenient location for train station but in a more dangerous area of town (something to consider for solo female travelers like me) as compared to something in the lower 15 or on the other side of the seine. Still, great stay. Unfortunately came in August so a lot was closed but not my first time in Paris so worked for me.

Dear guess, thanks for your visit and for your review. Is really that space are limited in Paris and that late on night you had to be careful but i am happy to see you had a pleasant stay! Hope to welcome you back soon Lida Manager

The sign could be hung a bit lower than it is hanging now. staff was very friendly. vintage theme should be emphasized more-why is it vintage? c

Good hostel. Wifi is great. Beds were good, showers were good. Close to metro so pretty easy to get around. Would recommend

Dear guess, thanks for your visit and for you review, i am happy to see you hade a nice stay in Vintag Hostel and hope to welcome you back soon!! Lida Manager

Brilliant!!! Only 5 mins from Paris nord station. Streets around the hostel fairly quite for a city centre and plenty of cafes, bars & shops nearby. Was given a good introduction to Paris by reception and shown all the best places & walks on the map. Good facility's in the hostel and there was a good mix of people staying there. Also a pleasant surprise to find breakfast was included and we had a balcony on the room. Overall a great trip and would definitely stay here again.

thanks for your visit and for your so nice review, i am glad to see you enjoyed you stay in vintage hostel!! Is really that we are ideally located next to Paris nord station and in a nice and lively aerea with the magnific sacre coeur at only 5 minutes walk!! Glad to see you apreciate the warm welcome for my staff which always do their best in order to guarantee the best service and that you loved our free parisian breakfast and its delicious croissants!! See you soon Lida Manager

Hostel was such a good location! Everyone was so friendly including the staff. Love the area for everyone to hang out. Would stay again!

Thanks for your visit and for your nice review!!I am flattered to see you have a good break in vintage hostel and that you loved our staff who always do their best in order to gaurantee the best service!!! hope to welcome you back soon Lida Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7