Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Rooms too small, beds squeaky, good breakfast, alright for meeting people, the vibe is more laid back.

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

• 29th Jul 2015

Absolutely worth the money. It has a very good atmosphere and people can meet here so easily. The staff are all super nice and i really enjoyed my stay here. Wish i could spend more days here:)

Very nice hostel very secure and staff were extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend here for any travellers and would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for the review. We are looking forward you next stay with us! A bientôt!

I had a great stay really. It was so much nicer than I even expected. However, the first receptionist was very sassy with me and didn't explain whether I needed a room key or not or anything really. It was really frustrating because she gave the person right next to me clear direction and information. I feel she just personally didn't like me and was biased over it. Aside from that though I can not complain.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

I am sorry about your experience with the first receptionist, I will make sure this doesn't happen again. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that we exceeded your expectation. See you soon in Paris.

Really nice hostel, very friendly staff. Hostel not too far away from Gare du Nord, which is good for getting around. Breakfast very nice, Wifi good, very little to complain about really.

Thank you for the review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our amazing location and the friendly and helpful staff. See you soon.

Overall a great hostel with fun atmosphere. A bit disappointing though, that in a hostel where there are 4 people sharing a bathroom, there is no soap dispenser in the bathroom. An simple and easy fix that seems obvious!

It had everything I needed, staff were nice, but my room was pretty tiny with 4 people in it! No big deal though as everybody was nice :)

Staff was very helpful with any questions we had! Very close to main train station and lots of cafes and restaurants. Great central location. Rooms were small but they served their purpose. Very inexpensive stay for a few days in Paris. I would return!

• 18th Jul 2015

A friend and I booked this hostel due to its competitive pricing in a very expensive city, and all our needs were met. The place is clean, the rooms are sufficient, the air conditioning works, and it's cheap. Breakfast was included, which was very nice to wake up to. The staff were a little clueless when it came to some things, but they were kind and tried to be helpful usually. Location can be a little bit far from things (35 minute walk to the Louvre for example), but Paris is nice to walk in.

A nice hostel and they have just renovated so normally it would be really nice, unfortunately some drunk guy threw up all over the floors and showers that we had to use during the night, and it wasn't cleaned up until the staff changed the next morning. However, this is not the staff's fault at all that some guy decided to ruin their nice renovations! The staff were really nice and helpful and the rest of the hostel was quite clean. Despite the problems I would stay here again.

Really nice people, really nice place. There really wasn't any community but our rooms were decent and the staff was very helpful. It's a really far walk from things like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre but there are plenty of metro stops. Very clean, very quiet.

Nice place. But in the sketchy part of Paris

This location satisfied all of our needs. It was very close to the train station and a little ways away from the major touristy spots. The staff was very kind and helpful. In addition, having the baggage room nearby was very useful to use even after we checked out

Overall our stay was very pleasant, the staff were extremely helpful and marked on a map where the closest metro stations were and which one to use depending on where you were going. The kitchen facilities were very useful and I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 13th Jul 2015

Great value for money and only a 5 minute walk from montmatre! The staff answer any enquires you have about getting round Paris and are very nice!

• 12th Jul 2015

Can't really complain about this hostel at all. Pretty cheap, pretty clean, pretty fun! Good social atmosphere downstairs, they sell beer right in the lobby which is always great. They even booked me for another night when I asked just the day before.. and let me stay in the same room! They also allowed me to ship my eurail pass there and signed for it as well. Good staff and good atmosphere, close to gare du nord so you have easy access to everything. Stay here!

great place to stay for a single traveller

• 10th Jul 2015

We were lucky because we had a balcony room (I don't know if you can request one but it was great!) for our twin private with ensuite. The shower was freezing cold but because it was so warm we didn't really mind. Breakfast is sparse (literally just croissants and bread rolls) but we stocked up! Location is great for Gare du Nord and relatively close to Sacre Coeur- prepare for a fair bit of walking or metro to get to the Seine though. Overall a good hostel experience :)

Good location and a fair price for Paris. Good internet connection and fairly clean rooms. The breakfast was okay. There is ac on the room. There where no hostel vibe, everyone mostly kept to themselves. No security in the rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7