Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I had a great stay really. It was so much nicer than I even expected. However, the first receptionist was very sassy with me and didn't explain whether I needed a room key or not or anything really. It was really frustrating because she gave the person right next to me clear direction and information. I feel she just personally didn't like me and was biased over it. Aside from that though I can not complain.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

Really nice hostel, very friendly staff. Hostel not too far away from Gare du Nord, which is good for getting around. Breakfast very nice, Wifi good, very little to complain about really.

Overall a great hostel with fun atmosphere. A bit disappointing though, that in a hostel where there are 4 people sharing a bathroom, there is no soap dispenser in the bathroom. An simple and easy fix that seems obvious!

It had everything I needed, staff were nice, but my room was pretty tiny with 4 people in it! No big deal though as everybody was nice :)

A nice hostel and they have just renovated so normally it would be really nice, unfortunately some drunk guy threw up all over the floors and showers that we had to use during the night, and it wasn't cleaned up until the staff changed the next morning. However, this is not the staff's fault at all that some guy decided to ruin their nice renovations! The staff were really nice and helpful and the rest of the hostel was quite clean. Despite the problems I would stay here again.

Really nice people, really nice place. There really wasn't any community but our rooms were decent and the staff was very helpful. It's a really far walk from things like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre but there are plenty of metro stops. Very clean, very quiet.

Nice place. But in the sketchy part of Paris

This location satisfied all of our needs. It was very close to the train station and a little ways away from the major touristy spots. The staff was very kind and helpful. In addition, having the baggage room nearby was very useful to use even after we checked out

Overall our stay was very pleasant, the staff were extremely helpful and marked on a map where the closest metro stations were and which one to use depending on where you were going. The kitchen facilities were very useful and I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 13th Jul 2015

Great value for money and only a 5 minute walk from montmatre! The staff answer any enquires you have about getting round Paris and are very nice!

• 12th Jul 2015

Can't really complain about this hostel at all. Pretty cheap, pretty clean, pretty fun! Good social atmosphere downstairs, they sell beer right in the lobby which is always great. They even booked me for another night when I asked just the day before.. and let me stay in the same room! They also allowed me to ship my eurail pass there and signed for it as well. Good staff and good atmosphere, close to gare du nord so you have easy access to everything. Stay here!

great place to stay for a single traveller

• 10th Jul 2015

We were lucky because we had a balcony room (I don't know if you can request one but it was great!) for our twin private with ensuite. The shower was freezing cold but because it was so warm we didn't really mind. Breakfast is sparse (literally just croissants and bread rolls) but we stocked up! Location is great for Gare du Nord and relatively close to Sacre Coeur- prepare for a fair bit of walking or metro to get to the Seine though. Overall a good hostel experience :)

Good location and a fair price for Paris. Good internet connection and fairly clean rooms. The breakfast was okay. There is ac on the room. There where no hostel vibe, everyone mostly kept to themselves. No security in the rooms.

The hostel was good for the money we paid. The positives are definitely the free wifi, the free breakfast, and being close to two metro stops. The downsides were that the hot water ran out while we were there and you had to rent towels.

• 8th Jul 2015

Good staff, had to pay for a locker, small showers.

fare to expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big hostel, small rooms and bathroom ! you can get a hotelroom for 42€ , easiely

Loved the included breakfast!

Great hostel in a good location. Really enjoyed my stay here. The ensuite bathroom and toilet to the rooms are very handy as well as the free wifi. The common room has a bit of a weird atmosphere and no on seems to hang out here. Overall very nice place to stay.

Awesome hostel, amazing location and lovely staff. Good rooms and they happily changed the rooms for us free of charge when we wanted to. 30/10 would live there again. Make sure to check the hostel website for offers they have.

• 2nd Jul 2015