Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

The first day we were woken up at 10 by the cleaning crew even though I asked them not to turn the lights on when they opened the door as someone was sleeping. Apparently they had to clean one of the beds as there was a check out, however checkout was 11 and that guy was still in bed. My shower was also really cold

I think the hostel isn't bad for the money in Paris. But there were some things that made me like the other hostel I stayed at.(Le Village) When I got there for the first time, the staff was talking to someone at the reception and didn't even care I got there. I had to wait for quite a while without understanding any French they were speaking. Also the bed didn't have pillow and it was okayish cleanness.

Clean, good location, friendly staff. Room was a good standard for a hostel.

• 28th Jan 2015

Everything was OK but the bathroom was pretty small. It was too difficult to take shower. :)

• Nepal

Friendly staff, clean rooms! The place has a nice outlook and is well located, close to the Metro stations.

• 26th Jan 2015

Great stay, perfect location, close to station and metro line. Walking distance to sacre Coeur. Lockers, breakfast all there. Staff are really helpful, any questions we had, were answered. We even ordered pizza to our room :) next time we go to Paris, will stay there again.

• 26th Jan 2015

II am happy staying in your Hostel and see you soon on summer or before. Thank you in Advance for all your services.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Room was very small, but ok. The woolen blankets on the bed could have been cleaner, they had a lot of hair from previous guests on them.

Just one electrical socket for 4 beds. The card to the door sometimes stopped working and we had to go down at the reception to fix it. Good bathroom, simple but delicious breakfast, nice staff, good location... I'd recommend to a friend.

We felt very welcome in this hostel! Friendly staff! I stayed in a room with just three beds and bathroom inside, almost like a hotel! Good breakfast. Free wifi and we got free drinks because we booked online! Totally recommend. Its a little bit far from the main attractions but close to the metro station.

The room needs hangers and hooks

Well, what can I say about the hostel? Exactly what I expected. Really nice place to stay. Will be back there for sure :)

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Poland

I think the hostel was very good, the staff was very nice too, but the only thing that bothered me was the shower getting flooded every time within less than a minute water running.

• 5th Jan 2015

Good breakfast. Not overly safe without lockers in rooms and having them so many floors down in the lobby. Good suggestions from staff members. Keys are annoying, I had mine re activated 4 times in 3 days because it kept blanking out and refusing to let me in.

They were very welcoming and friendly. Had wonderful suggestions for places to eat and things to do while in Paris.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful! The room was really clean, but I did see some mold-looking stuff in the shower. The wifi in my room was so bad that it was basically unusable. I heard that it was better in the lobby, but I never tried it. Good location very close to a metro, and walking distance from a major train station. Lockers are not located in each room, but in the lobby, so it can be a bit inconvenient if you need to grab something out really quick. Overall, decent place to stay.

A good hostel if you're interested in seeing Montmatre. This was my second time in Paris and I chose this northern location because I like being away from the ultra-touristic center.

Really good atmosphere - staff friendly and helpful - was a perfect location for exploring Paris - thank you!

• 19th Dec 2014

Wifi is weak

The rooms are old(vintage) but everything works and they are very neat and clean