Vintage Hostel Gare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

It was an extremely nice room- felt like a hotel!!

No matter the number of free drink tickets they offer you, this place is not worth it. It was dirty, didn't have lockers, was in a very loud area, and the breakfast was just lousy. Spend the extra 10 euros and stay anywhere else.

The staff was excelent. It was also nice to finally stay at a hostel that had AC.

Dear guess, we would like to thank you about your visit and your so nice review, I am glad to see you enjoy your stay with us in VINTAGE HOSTEL and that you love our staff who always do their best in order to guarantee the best service. Hope to welcome you back soon Lida Manager

Great location near main rail station Gare du Nord but on a quiet street, the directions given on Hostelworld were spot on. Friendly helpful staff, great atmosphere and most importantly clean, tidy, quiet rooms with great air conditioning (good for sleeping). Excellent little reading lamp and power outlet beside each bed, the only bad point I could say would be the main door that leads to the rooms slams shut, making a bit of noise at times but it's not the worst. I would definitely stay again.

Do not book this hostel. Our room did not have secure luggage lockers (or any security in the rooms at all) and there was an overbooking of our room. When I went downstairs with my boyfriend to the front desk, we received very poor customer service and were told to "wait it out" and see if someone came in. So feeling unsafe, we fell asleep only to have to change rooms at 4am. I have contacted the hostel numerous times to detail this situation and request a refund, but have heard nothing. Bad!!

Great location, friendly staff- highly recommend!

The staffs are friendly facility are fine except the beds are shaking with noises. Besides, it should have 4 hooks in the bathroom for 4 person's dorm will be better, it's difficult to have only 1 hook for the hand towel only. We find no hooks to hang our clothing in the bathroom when bathing ..Anyway I'm glad that my roommates are friendly.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The warm and friendly welcome we received from Anni on our arrival is to be commended, I don't think we have been treated so well in all our travels. She is a huge asset to the Vintage Hotel and a great ambassador for Paris.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was amazing, It was my first time in Paris and my first time at a hostel. Not only was I alone, but as a female who doesn't speak the native language, I was skeptical. The breakfast was nice, the wifi worked very well throughout the facilities and everything was spotless clean in the room. I would definitely recommend this Hostel 100%.

• 9th Jun 2015

A great modern hostel. The rooms and bathrooms were really lovely and cleaned everyday. Amazing location, close to Gare de Nord and quite a few other metros so perfect for travelling around. The hostel wasn't very social unfortunately because there wasn't a bar and the communal area was quite boring. But again the area is lovely so lots of good bars and restaurants around.

A little out of the way, but super close to Gare du Nord. Pretty quiet, hotel-esque hostel. I would stay here again.

Such friendly staff, great location and no strings or hassle for my quick stay.

• 6th Jun 2015

I liked the ensuite 4 bed room, it was worth the money. The toilet was very clean, the room was a bit small but we managed to fit 4 peoples luggage in it. The balcony was small, but very nice for 2-3 people to hang out at night. Location is very good, about 5 min walk to Gare Du Nord Metro and Train station Reception was pleasant and the breakfast croissants are marvelous

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

This hostel was gorgeous. The bedrooms and bathrooms had recently been redone--very modern for a "vintage" hostel. The local was fairly good--close to Moulin Rouge and Sacré-Cœur--but far from the city centre. There is an entrance to the underground not far from the hostel. Breakfast consisted of only a drink and croissant, but the updated facilities and helpful staff made my stay at Vintage Hostel most pleasurable.

They were good, very nice staff

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Great value hostel. Everything was clean and very new. The bathroom was clean and had good shower pressure. Hadn't stayed in a hostel for a while but was glad I picked this one.

The staff were so helpful and kind. The location is perfect, 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord, 5 minute walk from Sacre Couer, right near lovely restaurants in Montmartre. Highly recommend.

• 4th Jun 2015

When giving directions to places be more accurate then it's over there.

Staff was pretty friendly. The actual hostel is very clean with clean bathrooms! They give you a free drink card to a near by bar where you can meet fellow hostel mates and locals. I thought the location was great! Right near bus stops and the Gare du Nord train station. It was pretty easy to get to all the sights from this location even though they aren't right near them. I'd stay here again!

Good location and rooms, Wifi worked great, good breakfast which was free. Was extremely clean and the staff was also very helpful. Would definitely recommend to stay here.