Vintage Hostel Guare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Completely recommendable! Nice and relaxed staff, after my second day in was already feeling like kind of home. Tip: don't forget to check their website before booking ;-)

Walking distance from Gare du Nord. Easy Metro access. Central location near Montmartre/Sacre Coeur. Comfortable room. Bread & drinks breakfast, in room wi-fi & USB connections!! Clean, secure, party of 3 in-room shower & toilet were great plus balconies on second floor, common room TV, newspapers, kitchen facilities/fridge, Well run & maintained. We didn't see dorm rooms but it was the best hostel we've encountered overall. Highly recommended! Would stay again & again, no question!

It was my 2d stay here. Perfect! Wonderful location (near Gare du Nord, Anvers metro starion, Monmartre), clear, good breakfast.

We are glad to hear that you came back to stay at the Vintage Hostel and that again you enjoyed your stay. Thank you

I stayed there just for one night, but during this time I can say it's really well-located, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is good too. Despite of those pros, I had a problem, inconvenient one, cause the reception put me in female bedroom, I didn't notice 'cause I'd booked a mixed one. But when I was lying on the bed at night and tired, I had to move to another 'cause the girls complained to the reception. I don't judge them, they're right. I just sayI just say pay more attention.

First thank you for taking the time to review the Vintage hostel. We are very sorry about the inconvenience. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and the friendliness of our staff. See you soon

Great breakfast, good location, good services. An affordable way to stay in Paris.

Thank you for your your positive review. We hope to see you soon.

The hotel is so good.. I'm happy. .

Thank you!!

Great spot by Gard du Nord with easy metro access to the rest of the city. The staff were very helpful and were great with our 5 year old son. However, the hallways and stairways are in dire need of a refresh as the paint and wallpaper were coming off. The ever present smell of smoke lingered in our room from previous tenants. Would benefit from laundry facilities on site. Overall 5/10.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. I am glad to see you that you enjoyed our prime location in Paris. We are just finishing remodeling the Vintqge Hostel so we hope to see you soon in our brand new facility. Amiel

Lovely hostel centrally located friendly staff

• 2nd Nov 2014

Thank you! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our amazing location and our warm and friendly staff

The receptionist that I spoke with, Melanie, was quite helpful. It was great for the one quick night that I was there. It's not the type of hostel where you can really hang out and have fun, but it was comfortable and clean for a night's stay. Perhaps a bit overpriced, but not too bad.

The exchange rate at the airport is really bad. If you are not coming in during the rare hours, exchange enough money for the train is enough. There are many money exchange shop around the Nord station with good rate and no service charge. This is a good hint for other travellers to the hostel.

Great location and helpful staff. The fire alarm went off early in the morning, but they made up for it by offering free beer. The shower drain wasn't working too well, so we had to stop the water a few times each shower for water to drain.

• 27th Oct 2014

Hi, thanls for your review. We're sorry about the fire alarm and we contacted the maintenance company, meaning the problem has been solved. The maintenance at the showers has also been done.

Vintage Hostel is a great option for Paris. It was clean, well run and quiet for a hostel of its size. The staff was very helpful as well. Yes, they post to only take one of each item for breakfast, but that's the way it goes sometimes. There are only about a thousand other options a short walk away.

No lockers inside the rooms meant i had to keep everything on my bed everyone kept hitting there head on a low hanging light

Thanks for your review. There is is wide wardrobe at each roomplus security lockers at the lobby. The low hanging light is at standard height, we are sorry however that your experience was negative.

All my needs were met. Thanks particularly to the staff who were wonderful :-)

Should have a first aid box

• 9th Oct 2014

A lovely hostel , much better than we expected . Highly recommend .

• 8th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. thank you for the feedback. See you soon!!

Very helpful staff. Nothing is a problem. Close to transport. No parking available is the only drawback we had - not even somewhere for the airport shuttle to park to collect you and your luggage.

• 5th Oct 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you soon in Paris

Excellent location, good value, friendly staff, clean rooms and modern bathroom. I would definitely recommend the Vintage Hostel.

• 28th Sep 2014

The lobby was nice and clean. The room I stayed in was dusty and the carpet needs to be replaced. The bathroom was small and there was mold on the ceiling, shower and the shower head. I won't stay there again. The breakfast was a joke. Only one piece of bread and a juice. I didn't get anything to eat until my flight home.

• 27th Sep 2014

Thank you for your comments. I confirm that we have just finished the renovation work. We've taken care of the mold problems, renovated the rooms and installed a new Wi-Fi system. In regards the breakfast, every website says we offer continental brekfast consisting of: croissants, bread, jam, milk, juice, cereals, coffee and tea,

Was amazing stay at the hostel. Breakfast is nice as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4