Vintage Hostel Guare du Nord Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I will come & use Vintage Hostel again! 1. Parisian breakfast is excellent, thank you very much! 2. Complimentary welcome beer in the bar is excellent, thank you very much! 3. needs to scrub shower tiles 4. Room is relatively small for 4 no space to hang clothes. 5. I love that each bed has a night light 6. There is no internet in the room.

It was pretty out of the way, and felt very cramped, but the staff was nice, it was clean and the free breakfast in the morning was good.

Enjoyed the stay. Neat and clean rooms and good breakfast.

very noisy, hall doors bang all night, plus you can hear people 2 rooms away talking. location is ok for train but far from sites. staff is slack at jobs. beds come unmade so some sleep on top of bare beds so sweat/ dirt stays on beds instead of on washable sheets. if you can pick a better place.

Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it into consideration in order to solve the door slamming problem. Please feel free to contact us directly for more detailed feedback in regards your experience with our staff.

it was amazing, the security was on point, the people amazing and kind and really helpful! I am definetely coming back there. Thank you dor your services!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Vintage was the first hostel in which I stayed where breakfast was limited. There was only one roll or croissant allowed for breakfast which was not so much and the sign seemed a bit rude. Staff was friendly, but one of the ladies working there who checked us in was very badly organised and seemed a bit overcharged with three people waiting in line. Altogether the hostel was good. :-)

everything is awesommmmme. I stayed for 6 nights in September and found it my favourite hostel in my trip to Europe. It has a nice open hall/lounge where I met new friends every single night. The room is kept very clean. Nothing to complain except they only allow one croissant per person for breakfast. The lockers are busy since they are only about 20 in total.Also, I recommend everyone to book ahead for a better price. A friend I met in the hostel had to pay about 10 euros more cuz she didn't.

The hostel was in a good location, staff were friendly enough. Some more than others. The room was very small but nice and clean and the beds were comfy. Overall have nothing bad to say.

• 6th Sep 2014

Great hostel. Lots of fun activities to do each night. Great place to meet new friends.

Located close to Montmartre where there are great restaurants and bars. Friendly staff and the kitchen is useful. Beds are squeaky which can be bad for a light sleeper

Hostel without a soul..

Please Improve your wifi connectivity as it is not accessible in rooms and it is only accessible in the kitchen Hostel Lounge.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • rajpruthvi2962
  • India

I stayed 2 nights at Vintage hostel, I didn´t spend much time there, because it is Paris!! There´s plenty to do outside.Even though I really had a great time here since I got there. The staff is really nice and helpful, also multilingual, the girl who checked me in, speaked spanish. Great location, near train station and subway, nice breakfast but very limited to coffee, juice and croissants, I would like a few more options. It is a nice option to stay in.

Great atmosphere, clean and comfortable.

ideal location and price for my needs

hostel seem nice upon arrival in the recption/common room. has a nice vibe and clean and guitar and other stuff. Lady on reception was nice when I arrived showing me where sights were on the map. However the dorm was another matter. It was cramped, but you kind of expect this from a hostel anyway. It was very dirty. Holes all over the walls and the carpet was visibly dirty. The bathroom was very dirty too, with mould everywhere on the ceiling. Also limited amount of small lockers in common room

We'd like to apologize for the cleanliness issue, we have recently held a meeting with our cleaning staff and changed the control processes in order to be more strict about these issues. We trust all the issues you described have been sorted out.

The wifi basically didn't work during our four day stay, but other than that no complaints.

Great Monmartre location and only 5 mins walk from Gare du Nord. There is a great bar/hang out area for socialising. Free breakfast (coffee & croissant) was nice. For Paris the price was very reasonable I think. The staff were ok but the ones who checked me in were not very welcoming at all. The room was fine but the shower room rather run down. WiFi did not work in my 4th floor room. Perfect as a base for exploring Paris though and I would consider staying here again if on a budget.

We had a very pleasant stay. The atmosphere was okay, but there was not much socializing in the evening. The staff was quite nice and even offered us a beer as congratulations on our honeymoon. It was quite enjoyable and we would stay again in the future.

This is a "vintage" hostel. We were in a mixed four person room bathroom ensuite. First, there was one outlet in the room. Second, there were good sized holes in the ceiling and walls. The bathroom was okay, tiny shower: I'm 5'8" and my friend is 5' we both were having difficulties showering. Finally, the wifi only works in the lobby area and it wasn't working well. We spent more time trying to log on then actually being on the internet before it cut us off.

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of renewing the hostels, in the newest rooms there's at least one outlet per bed. In regards the wifi, we're expecting a brand new system within the next 4 weeks that will enable us to offer wifi even at the rooms.