Vintage Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

It was my 2d stay here. Perfect! Wonderful location (near Gare du Nord, Anvers metro starion, Monmartre), clear, good breakfast.

Great breakfast, good location, good services. An affordable way to stay in Paris.

The hotel is so good.. I'm happy. .

Thank you!!

Great spot by Gard du Nord with easy metro access to the rest of the city. The staff were very helpful and were great with our 5 year old son. However, the hallways and stairways are in dire need of a refresh as the paint and wallpaper were coming off. The ever present smell of smoke lingered in our room from previous tenants. Would benefit from laundry facilities on site. Overall 5/10.

Lovely hostel centrally located friendly staff

• 2nd Nov 2014

The receptionist that I spoke with, Melanie, was quite helpful. It was great for the one quick night that I was there. It's not the type of hostel where you can really hang out and have fun, but it was comfortable and clean for a night's stay. Perhaps a bit overpriced, but not too bad.

The exchange rate at the airport is really bad. If you are not coming in during the rare hours, exchange enough money for the train is enough. There are many money exchange shop around the Nord station with good rate and no service charge. This is a good hint for other travellers to the hostel.

Great location and helpful staff. The fire alarm went off early in the morning, but they made up for it by offering free beer. The shower drain wasn't working too well, so we had to stop the water a few times each shower for water to drain.

• 27th Oct 2014

Hi, thanls for your review. We're sorry about the fire alarm and we contacted the maintenance company, meaning the problem has been solved. The maintenance at the showers has also been done.

Vintage Hostel is a great option for Paris. It was clean, well run and quiet for a hostel of its size. The staff was very helpful as well. Yes, they post to only take one of each item for breakfast, but that's the way it goes sometimes. There are only about a thousand other options a short walk away.

No lockers inside the rooms meant i had to keep everything on my bed everyone kept hitting there head on a low hanging light

Thanks for your review. There is is wide wardrobe at each roomplus security lockers at the lobby. The low hanging light is at standard height, we are sorry however that your experience was negative.

All my needs were met. Thanks particularly to the staff who were wonderful :-)

Should have a first aid box

• 9th Oct 2014

A lovely hostel , much better than we expected . Highly recommend .

• 8th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Very helpful staff. Nothing is a problem. Close to transport. No parking available is the only drawback we had - not even somewhere for the airport shuttle to park to collect you and your luggage.

• 5th Oct 2014

Excellent location, good value, friendly staff, clean rooms and modern bathroom. I would definitely recommend the Vintage Hostel.

• 28th Sep 2014

The lobby was nice and clean. The room I stayed in was dusty and the carpet needs to be replaced. The bathroom was small and there was mold on the ceiling, shower and the shower head. I won't stay there again. The breakfast was a joke. Only one piece of bread and a juice. I didn't get anything to eat until my flight home.

• 27th Sep 2014

Thank you for your comments. I confirm that we have just finished the renovation work. We've taken care of the mold problems, renovated the rooms and installed a new Wi-Fi system. In regards the breakfast, every website says we offer continental brekfast consisting of: croissants, bread, jam, milk, juice, cereals, coffee and tea,

Was amazing stay at the hostel. Breakfast is nice as well.

I will come & use Vintage Hostel again! 1. Parisian breakfast is excellent, thank you very much! 2. Complimentary welcome beer in the bar is excellent, thank you very much! 3. needs to scrub shower tiles 4. Room is relatively small for 4 no space to hang clothes. 5. I love that each bed has a night light 6. There is no internet in the room.

It was pretty out of the way, and felt very cramped, but the staff was nice, it was clean and the free breakfast in the morning was good.

Enjoyed the stay. Neat and clean rooms and good breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5