Vintage Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

I stayed 2 nights at Vintage hostel, I didn´t spend much time there, because it is Paris!! There´s plenty to do outside.Even though I really had a great time here since I got there. The staff is really nice and helpful, also multilingual, the girl who checked me in, speaked spanish. Great location, near train station and subway, nice breakfast but very limited to coffee, juice and croissants, I would like a few more options. It is a nice option to stay in.

Great atmosphere, clean and comfortable.

ideal location and price for my needs

hostel seem nice upon arrival in the recption/common room. has a nice vibe and clean and guitar and other stuff. Lady on reception was nice when I arrived showing me where sights were on the map. However the dorm was another matter. It was cramped, but you kind of expect this from a hostel anyway. It was very dirty. Holes all over the walls and the carpet was visibly dirty. The bathroom was very dirty too, with mould everywhere on the ceiling. Also limited amount of small lockers in common room

We'd like to apologize for the cleanliness issue, we have recently held a meeting with our cleaning staff and changed the control processes in order to be more strict about these issues. We trust all the issues you described have been sorted out.

The wifi basically didn't work during our four day stay, but other than that no complaints.

Great Monmartre location and only 5 mins walk from Gare du Nord. There is a great bar/hang out area for socialising. Free breakfast (coffee & croissant) was nice. For Paris the price was very reasonable I think. The staff were ok but the ones who checked me in were not very welcoming at all. The room was fine but the shower room rather run down. WiFi did not work in my 4th floor room. Perfect as a base for exploring Paris though and I would consider staying here again if on a budget.

This is a "vintage" hostel. We were in a mixed four person room bathroom ensuite. First, there was one outlet in the room. Second, there were good sized holes in the ceiling and walls. The bathroom was okay, tiny shower: I'm 5'8" and my friend is 5' we both were having difficulties showering. Finally, the wifi only works in the lobby area and it wasn't working well. We spent more time trying to log on then actually being on the internet before it cut us off.

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of renewing the hostels, in the newest rooms there's at least one outlet per bed. In regards the wifi, we're expecting a brand new system within the next 4 weeks that will enable us to offer wifi even at the rooms.

Quite far away from city centre but walking distance from Gare du Nord. Very nice social area. No lockable storage in rooms. Would stay again.

The Wi-Fi is non-existing in the rooms and quite poor in the common room. Also the location is very far from everything. But the kitchen is excellent.

• Denmark

Hi, thanks for your review. The wifi performance hasn't been good at all. We have ordered a new system that should be installes throughout the hostel within the next 3 to 4 weeks. In regards the location, I have to disagree about this, you can be at every major attraction in no more than 20 minutes which is very good for a major european capital

I stayed in a private room, it was small but functional. The staff were very good and helped with any of my tourist questions! Location was ideal. Breakfast was the only negative, as I felt there could have been a better selection. Overall, really enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend!

• 4th Aug 2014

The access to Gare du Nord was great, as well as the location near Montmartre. Rooms were ok, but lockers were too small, about an A4 size paper in the rooms, there were more at the reception just a bit more bigger.

• 4th Aug 2014

Hi, thank you for your comments. We'll take it into consideration so we can continue to improve our facilities. Hope to see you soon!

Close to metro, no A/C

Great and fun place! The staff were so friendly and helpful. The hostel is 5 minutes walk to Averne train station and 10 minutes walk to Gare Du Nord Station. Walking distance to Sacre de Coeur. A lot of restaurants and cafes around. I would go back to this hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

We stayed in a three bed private ensuite room and although it was a little small it was comfortable and very clean. Location was excellent, around 10 minutes walk from the sacre coeur and around 3 to the Anvers metro station. Had to be early for breakfast though (bread, croissants and jams), or there will be nothing left! We enjoyed our stay.

Thanks for your comments. We will make sure to ask our breakfast staff to keep better control so there's availability even towards the end of the breakfast time!

first hostel I have been to where the windows open! so nice to sit on the balcony. staff were so friendly and really helpful.

• 26th Jul 2014

Thank you! we hope to see you soon!

When we were in line waiting to check in there was a very upset man angry because some valuables had been stolen from the room. no luggage storage meaning you leave your things at risk with complete strangers in your dorm. Had to get a 15 min metro to the main sites. However staff were friendly and there is a supermarket next door and the cooking facilities were very good making it cheap if you don't want to eat out.

Thank you for your feedback. We do remember this situation in which this particular man left his items unattended at the lobby, not at his room. Even though we have a surveillance system it's also good to keep an eye on everything. We will make sure to evaluate whether its possible to add bigger lockers or not.

They claim the front door is always locked but people come and go as they please. The key card door to the rooms was broken and certain rooms the doors don't close unless you slam them. The only lockers are in the common area and have to be paid for. I had something stolen from my room. The only security camera is at the front door, nothing in the hallways.

GOOD - Clean room & ensuite - We had a balcony! BAD - No lockers available for luggage :(

Great hostel! The only negative point is the kitchen, too small!

Thanks! It's a shame to have gotten 69% though..

We stayed in a 3 bed private that was undoubtedly worth the price. Conveniently located near the main train station/subway, super clean, friendly/helpful staff. The only complaint we had was that the wifi was only in available in the common room and often didn't even work there. Other than that, highly recommended!