Vintage Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

On an upper floor in the summer, the rooms are quite hot, even with an open window. Traffic is also clearly audible, window open or closed. The location is great; it's a short walk from Gare du Nord. Breakfast is free but scanty--just rolls and beverages, no protein. There was always quite a line at reception, regardless of time of day. Wifi does not work well when many people are using it, and is only available in the common area.

Hi. I must admit I'm surprised with your comments, the entire building has a very good AC hot/cold system. Did you address this issue at the reception? The breakfast is advertised as a parisian breakfast which is what locals eat, for proteins and more complete options hotels normally charge above €9,00 extra.

I stayed in a shared female dorm and the bathroom was always clean. Beds and mattress seem to be new. The air conditioner was very good. Friendly staff and really near to Gare du Nord. Breakfast could be better and the cooker didn't work but they have a good micro-wave. I recommend this hostel.

It's mostly the place the hostel's in that's marred my experience I guess - Gare du Nord area, not very secure or free as I'd expect, and not even remotely clean. With the facilities, it was quite an expensive place now that I look back at it, and I actually happened to come back to Paris towards the end of my trip and have a better experience overall.

Hi, it'd be great if you could send us an email with more details about what made your stay so unpleasant. Your review is rather vague and doesn't give us the chance to improve. Thanks in advance.

The staff is very nice and helpful. The place is in desperate need of repair. Wallpaper peeling off walls, paint needed all over and in general very rundown. We paid extra for ensuite and the whole shower curtain assembly collapsed the first day. It still had not been repaired 4 days later.

Thanks for your comments. We have renovated 3/4 of the hostel, unfortunately you stayed in one of the last rooms that were not renovated. I sincerely apologize for the bad experience and hope we can make it up to you in the future.

This was a decent hostel to stay at in Paris. Location is great and it's easy to find. The staff were also very accommodating about leaving bags there before check in. They were quite busy, though, and it was hard to talk to staff given the nonstop flow of people checking out or in. Rooms were OK; each dorm has its own bathroom which is always nice. Common area is alright, but not great. I'd stay here again but would also look at other places first.

My bag got snatched walking into this hostel during my 4 night stay, the area was not the best and some of the staff were incredibly rude and unhelpful. The wifi did not work 3 out of 4 nights I was there. A friend was pickpocketed in the area.

Hi, I've sent you an email privately in order to discuss this. I hope to hear from you soon.

Unsafe neighborhood...staff rude and unhelpful. Some rooms falling apart, terrible atmosphere because of school groups. One of the computers never worked

An excellent location to explore Montmartre and Pigalle. Staff was very nice and helpfull. Recomended.

I booked 3 days and cancel to rebook into a 2 days stay and some confusion occurred as their system reflected i cancel my stay. I show the guy tending to the desk on 30th of june, he assured me with "don't worry i will take care of you and wouldn't let you sleep on the streets" and he treated me a can of coke zero to settle me down . The best ever experience from a hostel i had from a hostel staff. Oh i gt a free room upgrade i guess. Apart from personal locker in room, everything was excellent

They have to fix the wifi

Hi, a new wifi system has been ordered and will be in place in 3 to 4 weeks.

We booked a 10 bed room but ended up with 4 bed rooms which was nice but there were no lockers in the rooms the blankets they provided were very thin as were the pillows and the wifi didn't reach the rooms. The lobby was great and the free breakfast was very helpful and so was the market just next door.

Thanks for your comments. I hope you appreciated the upgrade. For the moment there's free lockers at the lobby but we'll keep on looking into upgrading this to the rooms.

I like this place but It's not close from Nord station. So You have to check the way before. other things are ok! Enjoy!

Thanks for your feedback. We have to absolutely disagree here, we are literally 300 meters away from the main entrance of Gare du Nord.

Great place, except for the breakfast - don't expect much. No wifi in the rooms, only the foyer. Staff is very helpful. Hostel is clean.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I stayed in a mixed dorm and it was pretty bad, chunks of wall missing, dirty carpet, the shower was a corner of the bathroom with a small shower head and a couple feet of curtain to pull around, but it always flooded the bathroom. BUT I visited my friend in a female dorm and it was super nice - hardwood floors, big bathroom with shower door, clean...so Im not sure why the quality is so vastly different. Free breakfast is nice, but wifi is a serious pain.

Hi, thanks for the comments.The renovation work will be finished towards the end of the year. That's the reason why there's a different in pricing between older and newer rooms.

I stayed in a double private ensuite - Small rooms and bathroom but exactly what I needed. TV in our room was good! Good location if you are coming from Gare du Nord, metro station close by to get into centre. Supermarket close by. Friendly atmosphere .

Very good hostel, 3 person private looks like a hotel room, new toilets, close to subway, Gare du Nord and Sacre Coeur.

Small but clean enough rooms. A bit mouldy bathroom. Nice staff. Good location from CDG airport.

Hi, we'll look into your particular room and make sure to clean it up ASAP. Thanks for the feedback

Just loved Paria as usual.

It's good for what you pay. Clean, the size of dorms is OK, comfortable beds (although the pillow is so small that it's almost non-existant). Location is not bad, but not great either, a 10 minutes walk from Gare du Nord.

Whilst our experience there was generally fine, we felt that the pictures and description on the website were unrepresentative. The location however was great if, like us, you're only passing through due to it's proximity to gare du nord.