Vintage Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

Friendly people, really nice place!

Had a great time. Staff was great especially the young man in the afternoon, forgot his name I'm sorry. He always had a big smile for everyone. See you all next year. Great place to stay there finishing up renovation a/c heat. Painting. Georg

Perhaps because it is under construction it was the worst out of all hostels that I chose to stay at in europe. Lots of stairs (i didn't mind with one backpack). Location/Price/Cleanliness are the 3 most important things to me for 1 night. great location, very reasonable price. However it was exceptionally unclean. The shower had peeling walls. The room was worn down and just a general unclean atmosphere. I only found 1 plug in a room for 4. Breakfast was alright-not exceptionally good or bad.

Definitely only one star-very rundown. Young people seem to like to hang out here so maybe it is just not for us older folks. We had to go upstairs to get lift and then before our room get off lift and go up more stairs.

• 23rd May 2014

Hi, This is a hostel and not a hotel, it's not classified under the starts rating system. We're sorry your experience was not good, however the second set of stairs you mention is literally 6 steps. Building regulations in central Paris don't allow modifying historical buildings. Kind regards, Alex

Stayed in hostels for 2 months and this would be the lowest rated. 1) Woman at desk (didnt get her name) was the rudest person I have ever met. 2) Hostel was not nice for the money. I moved to another one for 1/2 the price and almost as nice. Wouldn't recommend for both reasons.

• 20th May 2014

Hi, It would be good if you could email me more details about your experience with the reception and what exactly happened with her. I'll make sure all customer service issues get fixed. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Alex

Very much enjoyed my stay. Staff was amazing!

SUPER friendly staff, luggage storage available, even if you haven't booked in yet, cos they're nice, it's SUPER close to the sacre coeur and montmartre, and a metro station so you can go everywhere else, and the common area is super big, it's just a pity everyone's on their technology nowadays, or it'd be a great way to meet people, and the breakfast is yum!! :)

Staff absolutely ruined this hostel and very nearly the trip. It was made very clear by senior members of staff that once they we had paid, no effort was made to be helpful or even plain old polite. There was a misunderstanding with some new members of staff and we were given the wrong information - fine no worries. However, instead of just explaining this we were shouted at and made to feel very unwelcome. Would bot reccomend.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It is in 10 minutes from Monmartre from one side, from the other - North railwaystation, 5 min from metro Anvers. There is also a stop of Hop-on-hop-off busses (I use them in every city I visit). The hostel is situated in a very calm district. I booked a bad in 10-mix room but they gave me a bad in a room for 4 (this is cool!) for the same price. The shower and WC is in the room. Everything is very clear and new.

This was my second stay at Vintage Boutique Hostel and I certainly did not regret returning. Perhaps just put up curtains at the windows. It was quite a shock to me and my dormmates to wake up to the construction workers painting away right outside our windows (also since the windows weren't locked). They didn't disturb us or anything, it was just a bit of a shock.

The name 'Vintage' unfortunately was a literal translation of the hostel as my floor was one of the only not under renovation it was in its original state - peeling wallpaper, one powerpoint and mouldy cramped bathroom. Also, I paid for a 4 bedroom female dorm and when I arrived was put in a 3 bed room with male occupants. Since my roommates seemed friendly at first, I did not ask to be moved however it was still poor form.

Hi, We just finished the renovation of the entire property. We're happy to announce there's no longer humidity or bad smell issues. Please let me know when you're coming back to Paris so we can make up for the room change. Kind regards, Alex

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location, walking distance from Gard du Nord Train station. The hostel also has a well stocked kitchen for preparing your own meals.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We hope to see you soon in Paris!

Very good hostel. The only thing I would change is to have lockers and more electricity plugs in the bedrooms.

Hello, we thank you for your review and hope to see you soon ! The superior dorms have lockers, but you could also use the lockers in the lobby. Best regards, Reception

Loved the atmosphere and the kind staff. Bed was comfy and get construction was not too much of a disturbance. The breakfast was only bread and drinks. Would stay again!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We are looking forward your next stay in Paris.

Wifi isn't so good. When you arrive you are given your bed sheets to make your bed.. Which is fine, but it's not so good when you check in late and 3 other people are asleep and then you somehow need to make your bed on the top bunk.. Not a great way to meet people.

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we hope that you understand that it is to hard to make an exception since we would have to change the sheets for everyone in the hostel. We hope that the other guests knew the fact that in a hostel you put your own sheets and that they were not annoyed by your late arrival. Regarding the wifi, we are currently fixing the matter. We hope to see you soon.

Best experience in a hostel so far! The staff were super friendly, bathrooms clean, and the assorted breads at breakfast were simple & tasty. Felt more like a hotel than hostel

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that you had a nice experience at Le Vintage Hostel. We strive to give our costumer the most enjoyable stay in Paris. We hope to see you very soon.

I don't use to add reviews but I really liked them! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. The location is very good, near 3 or 4 metro stations.

• 21st Apr 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are proud to be the object of your first review!! We are glad that you enjoy your experience at Le Vintage Hostel and the prime location of the hostel. Hope to see you soon in Paris!!

Booking was 'lost' (again) but they had our details on record. Fortunately were able to still get a room, wouldn't have been very happy if we hadn't. Room facilities are pretty worn, but breakfast is included and there is Wifi connection available in room. Secure luggage storage is available

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to find out what happen with your reservation in order to make sure that it won't happen again. We are glad that you were able to have a room wt LE vintage Hostel and enjoy the complementary breakfast and all the amenities offer by the hostel. We hope to see you soon.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »