Vintage Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

73, Rue de Dunkerque, Paris, France

The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and helpful with the hostel located close to popular attractions and convenient to the metro system.

Friendly people, really nice place!

Had a great time. Staff was great especially the young man in the afternoon, forgot his name I'm sorry. He always had a big smile for everyone. See you all next year. Great place to stay there finishing up renovation a/c heat. Painting. Georg

Perhaps because it is under construction it was the worst out of all hostels that I chose to stay at in europe. Lots of stairs (i didn't mind with one backpack). Location/Price/Cleanliness are the 3 most important things to me for 1 night. great location, very reasonable price. However it was exceptionally unclean. The shower had peeling walls. The room was worn down and just a general unclean atmosphere. I only found 1 plug in a room for 4. Breakfast was alright-not exceptionally good or bad.

Definitely only one star-very rundown. Young people seem to like to hang out here so maybe it is just not for us older folks. We had to go upstairs to get lift and then before our room get off lift and go up more stairs.

• 23rd May 2014

Hi, This is a hostel and not a hotel, it's not classified under the starts rating system. We're sorry your experience was not good, however the second set of stairs you mention is literally 6 steps. Building regulations in central Paris don't allow modifying historical buildings. Kind regards, Alex

Stayed in hostels for 2 months and this would be the lowest rated. 1) Woman at desk (didnt get her name) was the rudest person I have ever met. 2) Hostel was not nice for the money. I moved to another one for 1/2 the price and almost as nice. Wouldn't recommend for both reasons.

• 20th May 2014

Hi, It would be good if you could email me more details about your experience with the reception and what exactly happened with her. I'll make sure all customer service issues get fixed. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Alex

Very much enjoyed my stay. Staff was amazing!

SUPER friendly staff, luggage storage available, even if you haven't booked in yet, cos they're nice, it's SUPER close to the sacre coeur and montmartre, and a metro station so you can go everywhere else, and the common area is super big, it's just a pity everyone's on their technology nowadays, or it'd be a great way to meet people, and the breakfast is yum!! :)

Staff absolutely ruined this hostel and very nearly the trip. It was made very clear by senior members of staff that once they we had paid, no effort was made to be helpful or even plain old polite. There was a misunderstanding with some new members of staff and we were given the wrong information - fine no worries. However, instead of just explaining this we were shouted at and made to feel very unwelcome. Would bot reccomend.

I travel a lot and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It is in 10 minutes from Monmartre from one side, from the other - North railwaystation, 5 min from metro Anvers. There is also a stop of Hop-on-hop-off busses (I use them in every city I visit). The hostel is situated in a very calm district. I booked a bad in 10-mix room but they gave me a bad in a room for 4 (this is cool!) for the same price. The shower and WC is in the room. Everything is very clear and new.

This was my second stay at Vintage Boutique Hostel and I certainly did not regret returning. Perhaps just put up curtains at the windows. It was quite a shock to me and my dormmates to wake up to the construction workers painting away right outside our windows (also since the windows weren't locked). They didn't disturb us or anything, it was just a bit of a shock.

The name 'Vintage' unfortunately was a literal translation of the hostel as my floor was one of the only not under renovation it was in its original state - peeling wallpaper, one powerpoint and mouldy cramped bathroom. Also, I paid for a 4 bedroom female dorm and when I arrived was put in a 3 bed room with male occupants. Since my roommates seemed friendly at first, I did not ask to be moved however it was still poor form.

Hi, We just finished the renovation of the entire property. We're happy to announce there's no longer humidity or bad smell issues. Please let me know when you're coming back to Paris so we can make up for the room change. Kind regards, Alex

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location, walking distance from Gard du Nord Train station. The hostel also has a well stocked kitchen for preparing your own meals.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Vintage Hostel. We hope to see you soon in Paris!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »