Viru Backpackers Reviews

Viru 5, Tallinn, Estonia

I can really recommend the Viru Backpackers. The rooms are very big and bright and the facilities are very nice. The location right in the Viru street in the center of the olt town is simply unbeatable. If you expect a party place it might be the wrong choice, but if you prefer a quiet retreat after visiting one of Tallinns very lively nightlife attractions which are just a few streets away or after visiting the tremendous old town then it is definitely an excellent choice.

Great location, clean place and the staff were lovely and friendly. The only situation we had was a problem with the lock on our door (and not being able to get in late at night) but they had this in hand and will fix soon.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great hostel for those who aren't there for partying. Suprisingly quiet for its central location. We stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom. It was a large room; the bed was not bad, but could be better; the room could be a bit warmer, too (but we got some pretty cold days and no, we didn't freeze at night). Overall, great place to stay. I think it would be hard to find a place with such great location, good quality, cleanness, quietness and affordable price.

nice location and hostel but some maintenance is needed (loose electrical plugs, radiator not hot enough, couple of lights not working).

Lovely Portuguese girl on the desk with long brown hair was really cool and always helping. Breakfast was lovely with pancakes served all morning! Room was nice with a mirror. One thing that could I motive the room was more plug sockets that where accessible. Lots of yours offered or organised through the hostel! Overall a great base in a lovely city.

The reception staff are quite nice! I enjoyed the three days I stayed thoroughly

I really liked Viru. It was quiet, and clean and a wonderful location. The staff were friendly and helpful and I had no worries about the hostel at all. I would stay again for sure!

• 5th Oct 2014

I recently stayed at Viru backpackers for 2 nights and I couldn't fault it. The hostel is very central and you're just a few minutes away from the local bars and restaurants. The staff were very helpful and were able to provide us with recommendations of things to do in the area. The showers were hot and although they were shared we never had to wait to use them. I would definitely come back in the future. Thanks for a great stay.

• 26th Sep 2014

everything was just pefect during our stays!

Perfect location in the Old Town. Very clean (they make you remove your shoes upon entry). Staff was so helpful with all my questions... and there were pancakes and coffee in the mornings! Loved staying there. Several rooms are right on the common area, which can get a bit loud if people don't respect the quiet hours starting at 11PM... we only had one night where the noise kept us up, but perhaps worth asking for a specific room if you're easily awakened.