Viru Backpackers Reviews

Viru 5, Tallinn, Estonia

Very cozy hostel. I had comfortable bed in private room. Elevator does not stop at hostel level. You must go to 4th floor and walk down stairs to hostel one floor below. Since I am old lady who cannot carry suitcase on stairs, Lena, hostal mgr. helped me. Eugenia, staff, helped me on date of departure with suitcase and arranging taxi. They were great. Super breakfast, variety of cereal, bread, jam, etc, and fresh home make pancakes.

The toilets/bathroom and kitchen need some thorough cleanup. Kitchen facilities inadequate and small. Credits are given to the breakfast. One night and morning without staff. Even though we were given keys to lock the front door but security within questionable.

This hostel is ok, but I do not see how it became "the best" hostel of Estonia in previous years.

The hostel is difficult to find even with their directions. The first staff member was helpful, however the remaining two were not very helpful and you had to work for their attention. The breakfast said pancakes until 10:30am but the staff member said they had all gone whèn we asked at 9am. Limited toilets and showers.