Vita Nova Reviews

Oosterdok T/O 4, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We would like to thank Tatyana for recomending us the main points of interest in Amsterdam... She was very helpful and kind and smiling. The common area and the deck on top allow travellers to communicate and discuss especially with newcommers common points of interests and places they've already explored. If we could recommend something useful to those yet to come that would definitely be the free tour starting each afternoon at Dam Square.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

Very good hostel!! The breakfast was excellent and the staff was really helpful and nice! Different experience staying in a boat, would stay there again for sure! :)

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

WONDERFUL !

Very good location, excellent breakfast, houseboat feeling. I had a problem: the heating was switch on only after my arriving in my room so the first night it was cold.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Hungary

2nd stay here, very enjoyable great location, great staff, nice to stay on the water in a major. Rooms a little cramped but it's all you need to sleep in.

Staying on a boat was a really interesting experience for us. The rooms and beds are quite tiny, but the quality of sleep was amazing, all three nights we both slept like babies. The breakfast is included and it is really great including tea, coffee, milk, cereals, pancakes, bread, ham, cheese, ham, jam, peanut butter and chocolate spread so everyone will find something they like. When in Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at Vita Nova again. Thank you!

As soon as we arrived here we had a warm welcome. A lovely unique hostel which we loved. The rooms and shower rooms were small but adequate. This is not a criticism as we knew this before we booked. The owner makes fresh pancakes for breakfast, which unfortunately we missed due to early departure. Thank you for our very brief but wonderful stay.

I really enjoyed my stay here and being very close to the Amsterdam Central and all things touristy, it was a perfect location.

The ship looks very nice from the outside and from the big breakfast room you've got a wonderful view on the water. The owner is very nice and helpful and gave us some good advice, he also prepares the (delicious) breakfast by himself and answers all your questio However, the cabins are very very small, about 2x2 meters for two people. Bathroom and shower are both very small (the shower is in the same room as the toilet is) and mold-infested, taking a shower was quite gross.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

I am actually really sad to write this review because I had such high hopes for the boat. I have visited many places in Europe and always use hostel world.My standards are not high at all, as long as the bedding is clean and it is possible to take a shower. However in this case, this hostel came as a bit of a shock. The fact the rooms are tiny is the least of your worries. The showers are mouldy and smell of wee, the bedding is very old and the staff are pretty grumpy. We left after 2 nights.

This place was amazing. Sitting on top of the boat at night drinking a beer, watching the sun set was in our opinion second to none. The rooms are a bit small but that is expected on a houseboat. It definitely added to the atmosphere! The free breakfast was fantastic. Definitely a great experience for a few young backpackers looking to just relax for a couple days

• 8th Oct 2014

Don't stay in the rooma near the bathroom, it might get srinky.

Me and my partner stay at Vita Nova for 3 nights, very warm and friendly staff couldn't of been more helpful, great advice when booking in and where thing are with a help of a map. Great location away from the busy city. Would stay again. Thank you for a lovely experience in Amsterdam. From Gemma and John all the way from Scotland

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

My room was a bit too small for the value of money. And slow wifi. Everything else was fine :)

A bit noisy at night when people come back to the hotel after the coffee shops. Needs new somier in some rooms.

Very nice hostel, great location in the city center not far from the railway station. Very kind staff. It was my first time staying at botel (boat-hotel) - and I was impressed. Beautiful views, lots of boats around, swans and ducks right outside the window.

Its a great boat hotel to stay in Amsterdam! Quiet zone with a view you wont have in other place.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

vita nova is a perfect solution for those who want to experience the city at its best!!

A really beautiful place to wake up every morning offering a different view and a great experience in a place that utilises boats in every day life more than most. The location was great for the train station and the main square; the staff were incredibly helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable however this may not be for you if you don't like small confined spaces. If you're up for so etching different though, give this a try.

The hostel was in a good position, from where it was possible to reach the main parts of Amsterdam in few minutes by walk. The Lady who welcomed us was really friendly and she was the only one in my 2weeks trip who highlighted all the tourist attractions. As normal to be expected from a boat, the beds, toilets and bedrooms weren't big, yet they were comfortable and was nice to stay there. Very much appreciate having the breakfast in the morning too.