Vita Nova Reviews

Oosterdok T/O 4, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent value for money. It's cheap, clean and different. I would definately use this hostel again. A great alternative way to stay in a city for a very reasonable price.

• 27th Mar 2015

Had agreat sleep at this hostel!! Beds good and room was nice and quite :) the male owner was lovely and helpful :) would defo vist again!!!

• 26th Mar 2015

Our staying was good as before however I would prohibit dogs on the ship because somebody closed his/her dog next to our room and it was crying hours in the middle of the night.

The man who ran it was very helpful and nice and funny. He gave us a double bed with an en suite when we arrived and did not charge us any extra money! The rooms are small but you're on a boat! And theyre very cute and cosey and warm. Considering the amount of guests there it was very quiet. The breakfast was lovely with a lot of option, really nice views in the morning. We loved it!

• 11th Mar 2015

We had a nice stay. It takes 10 or 15 minutes to get to some of the more desirable parts of Amsterdam, but wasn't too terribly far. Only one men's toilet and one women's toilet. There were showers in the rooms, which was nice but the rooms were so small. Staff was nice enough and helpful. It was fun staying on a boat, and relatively cheap compared with the rest of the options I found around the city, so I'd say I enjoyed my stay.

I would have stayed longer. I will probably book again. Don't expect a hotel, its a boat with minimum space and thin walls. Take your earplugs if you sleep lightly. Excellent breakfast. Strict but kind and fair host. Excellent all round.

• 4th Mar 2015

The boat has a perfect location, close to the city and all the sights. The staff was nice and helpful, the breakfast was excellent! Only the showers and toilets takes getting used to. But its okay. Also the rooms (we had a two persons room) are small but okay. nothing de luxe, but if you are there for the city and not for a ***hotel, its absolutely worth it! I'd recommend that!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Great weekend! Few people can say they stayed on a boat in Amsterdam. The owner is so helpful and everyone else staying at the Vita Nova were so friendly. The wifi isn't so great but so many restaurants and cafes in the city have good wifi connections. Also, here free breakfast !

• 28th Feb 2015

I thought staying on the Vita Nova was an awesome experience! The staff was extremely helpful and made the boat feel inviting! Hanging out in the main area playing cards and drinking beer is a great way to spend an evening.

Please, put/give some material in the showerbath to clean it BEFORE (and after) using it !! (daily status very unpleasant)

• 26th Feb 2015

Nice place to stay in Amsterdam. Close to the red light district (5-10min walking) and so calm you can sleep like a baby. Breakfast with variety of stuff to delight! Since it's already included in the accommodation price I think is a big plus. Recommended for travellers seeking just a place where to sleep or leave bags since it's not so big. The owner is nice and is looking out for seeing everyone is OK

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed here in February with my boyfriend. We loved every minute of it. The hostel is in an amazing location. Just over a five minute walk from the central station and very close to city center,shops and coffee shops ect. The host was great, such a nice guy. Really great for the money and every morning there was a free breakfast included!. We will definitely be back for more :) five stars. *****

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Scotland

If you are hoping for A "Days Inn" in the suburban US, you will be disappointed. But if you want somewhere to stay that will be part of the experience, then this is the place for you. I would not trade the night in the cramped room on this boat for a suite in the Ritz Carlton.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Really small hostel and small rooms and bathroom, but the experience to be in a boat is really nice! Close to the city center and everything, beautiful place with great breakfast.

Nice to have a private room and the breakfast was amazing. However the bathroom situation is really weird. You have to walk through the shower to get to the toilet and the shower felt like a coffin. Location is really quite far from everything except for the train station and the boat is extremely difficult to find the first time. Our "7 minute" walk from the train station instead took about 30.

Nice boat house experience.

The staff is not friendly, n the wifi was very bad n slow, only can use in restaurant, the restaurant is closed at 10:30pm which means u can't use wifi after 10:30pm, the room was much smaller than pictures, price n location is very good, but if u want to stay, please consider what u want for ur vacation, not a comfortable place!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Overall the stay was an interesting first experience for a boat house. Facilities wise it was sufficient, we had our own wash basin in our room, but toilets and showers are all shared amongst everyone. A few rules one has to adhere to. The landlady was nice to us and gave us tips around the place. Our door lock couldn't be locked from the inside. The landlady tried her best to solve this but still couldn't get it to work eventually. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the stay.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Very friendly staff and a cosy vist. Would happily use again.

I thought the hostel was incredible. It was well kept and beautiful. The beds we're comfortable and the staff was lovely. Being on a little boat was fun and romantic and I would definitely go back

• 16th Dec 2014