Viva Hostel Design Reviews

Rua Girassol, 1262 Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The hostel is located in Vila Madalena, which is a good area to stay in. Security at the hostel is very tight. It is a 10-minute walk to the metro, and about 15 minutes to the famous Art Gallery Street and nearby bars and restaurants. The staff at the hostel are very helpful, and the facilities are more than adequate.

One of the best Hostels I have been to! You have total privacy in your bed! Staff are very friendly and helpfull ! Definitely I recommend it!

• 24th Jul 2015

A top quality hostel. Spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. There are brilliant common areas and the dorms are cleverly laid out in a way that maximises privacy. The staff are friendly and very helpful. 5 minutes walk from metro and villa madelena.

I stayed in a room for 8 but still felt like I had privacy. The lockers were secure and big enough to fit my suitcase and backpack. The wifi worked well, just make sure you save all three networks on your phone so you can get signal no matter where you are in the hostel. The one issue was, the outlet near my bed did some funny things to my phone. While the phone was charging, my touch screen wouldn't work. In the outlet near my friends bed the same thing. Any other outlet was fine. Wiring issue?

Lovely staff, very helpful. Cool hostel all round.

Staff was great. Very helpful in arranging Bus tickets and everything else you need.

Very nice rooms, very isolated from the others! The kitchen was really nice and breakfast was good! Staff was very helpful ! I would definitely recommend to book there!

Good hostel and in a good location, near the metro & good nightlife. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm & there is a lot of privacy with each being quite enclosed in your own space. Huge lockers and an en suite bathroom make the room more comfortable. The staff are friendly and approachable. There's a big kitchen, dining & chill out area too, & a TV room. It's quite quiet & laid back which can be good or bad depending on what you want from a hostel but the staff will help with plans if you need it.

The hostel is well located (1km short walk from restaurants and bars). It has very nice decoration and security (door always closed, open only for guests, lockers in each room). Breakfast was nice, Staff is very friendly and helpful, and wi-fi worked perfectly in all areas of the hostel. However, bathrooms were not very clean. The room bathroom worked well, but was not very clean. But bathrooms in common areas were dirty, no paper/towel for hand drying and flushing system was not working.

Dear guest, we are very glad that you enjoyed our decoration, security, breakfast, staff and wi-fi. About the bathroom cleanliness, we do have a staff responsible for cleaning the entire hostel every single day but to keep it clean till the next day, it will also depend on the guests' own organization. We will keep an eye on papers and flushing systems more frequently. Thanks for your review! Best regards, the Viva Hostel Design team

Elcio, Jose and all the guys who work in the hostel are really friendly, professional and easy going. The hostel is in a quiet street just a short walk from the main area to go out in in SP - loads of bars, places to eat, a cool atmosphere blah blah blah A cool thing about the hostel is that everything is really good quality - the beds, breakfast, wifi, loads of plug sockets - I've been to a few hostels in SP before, but this is by far the best. When I go back to SP, I definitely return here.

Great Hostel, staff members are amazing, very convenient bar at recepcion, metro station is about 10 mins walking distance, overall I had a great time with Viva hostel!!!!!

Good, clean hostel with good facilities. Beds were super comfy, and the whole cave feeling it was nice after staying in a lot of open hostels. Only problem was not being able to tell who was in the room when you went in so never sure if its okay to make noise or not. Kitchen was missing a few essentials like a tin opener, and the cupboards weren't labeled so it was a bit unfair when someone got angry at us for using staff salt. Staff were friendly and helpful, but the hostel was quite empty.

Dear guest, we do had a tin opener but it was broken so we bought another one. Our staff would never get angry about using salt, even cause the stuff we use for breakfast is locked and all other things we are happy to share. Probably you mistook a guest for our staff. But anyway, we are deeply sorry about that!

Beds were awesome and private. The hostel was extremely quiet so it was a bit boring but that's ok. The wifi worked everywhere and the kitchen was big and clean. The location was ok. it was safe but you had to hike up a HUGE hill to reach the location from the metro which would be close to impossible with luggage. The rooms were cleaned with a CRAZY strong lemon cleaner that was unbearable. Otherwise it was good and I would recommend it.

Very nice, clean and modern hostel in the area of Vila Madalena (with a lot of nice bars and unique shops in walking distance)

very nice hostel, dorms are high standard (so are the beds), large and cool common spaces, nice atmosphere. And there were more brazilians than international people there, which I found nice. We Well located : metro Vila Madalena, "bohemian" sector of SP, full of small shops, bars and restaurants. Having a walk by the area is really nice! You can reach quickly the centre by Metro. Highly recommendable

Dear guest, thanks for your review! We'd just like to add that it's not always that we have more brazilians than international guests. It depends on the day and you were here right on Sao Paulo Fashion Week, so we had plenty of brazilian guests at that moment. But we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you come back someday! Best regards, the Viva Hostel Design team.

Beautiful hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful! The location was sooo beautiful!! With amazing stores, bars, restaurant and art work around!

Very clean, new and very good standart. Team very friendly and helpful. I virtually just slept there, but the bed linen were very clean and "fresh", air con in the dorms, you have like your own secluded, cozy cave in the dorm.

Great hostel! The staff was very helpful. I highly recommend this hostel!!

Had a lot of trouble finding the place based on the directions given from after the metro station which could have been clearer. I was also expecting a better location. The hostel itself was great. I was in the 8-bed dorm, which is very good for those who prefer some privacy and quiet. Very comfortable beds. The single ensuite bathroom was insufficient for 8 people. The staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Lovely hostel. Really friendly helpful staff with great English. Clean, funny concrete beds with backlight and plug, felt like you were in your own little cave. Close to bars/shops and metro to get around.