9.3
Superb 254 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 254 Total Reviews
Viva Hostel Design Located at Rua Girassol, 1262 Vila Madalena, , Sao Paulo.
Brazil
Sao Paulo Sao Paulo 05433002 Rua Girassol, 1262 Vila Madalena
93% 254
-23.5485858 -46.6931176
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2016

I can't really comment on the location as I was only there for 12hrs or so and so didn't leave the hostel really. But I would've liked to have stayed longer, just to get to use the facilities in the hostel. The movie room with Netflix etc. looked really cosy, and just the general 'chill out/breakfast' area was really comfortable. Having your own 'pod' as a bed it great as well and the shower was warm. The two staff that I met were great to talk to, easy not forced conversation. W

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2016

The quiet neighbourhood and the cozy living room are the reasons why I love this hostel. The staffs were very friendly and helpful too. I'll definitely stay here again the next time I visit Sao Paulo.

13th Aug 2016

Over all it was a good experience, I stayed for 6 nights, the place is clean, beds are comfortable and there is a bathroom inside each room. You need to climb up a hill if you are coming by metro or if you are going to explore the area. The staff is friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was a bit boring but not during the weekends where there was a band playing music.

• Saint Lucia, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

One of the best hostels in my SA trip

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jul 2016

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Willing to do whatever to make your stay pleasant. Rooms and beds were comfortable and clean. Only thing is the kitchen pans and pots need to be new as they were competent ruined from age. I highly recommend this place particularly for its location in the nicer area of São Paulo.

27th Jul 2016

Fantastic team behind this hostel. From the time I arrived to the hostel I was made to feel right at home and was accommodated right away. What I loved most about this place is the owner is very involved with his hostel and has taken to the time to select some great team players to make sure the guests are looked after. Additionally the location of this hostel was not far from grocery stores, the local graffiti site Barrio do Batman, and many craft beer bars which I loved!

22nd Jul 2016

Super friendly staff, great nightlife nearby on the weekends, hostel had a good mix of English and Portuguese speakers. About five minute walk to the metro station.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

Great neighbourhood and staff were so lovely. The hostel was a good place to hang out but the rooms were cramped and the bathroom didn't feel very clean. However it was great value for money and worth the stay!

Dear guest, thank you very much for your review! We're glad that you like our staff and to hang out at our place. We feel sorry that you thought the bathroom wasn't very clean. We clean the entire hostel every single day. But sometimes you're just unlucky to have some messy guests sharing your room. We're going to pay more attention to that. Thanks for your advise. We wish you a safe travels. Best regards, from the Viva Hostel Design team.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

Definitely one of the best hostels on my whole 4month South America trip. Super nice and helpful staff, social place to meet people, almost daily activities, clean and modern bedrooms, good wifi, good breakfast, table tennis, decent showers and many things more. 10/10 for sure! Thank you very much Leo

15th Jun 2016

Nice place, clean, great staff.