Viva Hostel Design Reviews

Rua Girassol, 1262 Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Elcio, Jose and all the guys who work in the hostel are really friendly, professional and easy going. The hostel is in a quiet street just a short walk from the main area to go out in in SP - loads of bars, places to eat, a cool atmosphere blah blah blah A cool thing about the hostel is that everything is really good quality - the beds, breakfast, wifi, loads of plug sockets - I've been to a few hostels in SP before, but this is by far the best. When I go back to SP, I definitely return here.

Great Hostel, staff members are amazing, very convenient bar at recepcion, metro station is about 10 mins walking distance, overall I had a great time with Viva hostel!!!!!

Good, clean hostel with good facilities. Beds were super comfy, and the whole cave feeling it was nice after staying in a lot of open hostels. Only problem was not being able to tell who was in the room when you went in so never sure if its okay to make noise or not. Kitchen was missing a few essentials like a tin opener, and the cupboards weren't labeled so it was a bit unfair when someone got angry at us for using staff salt. Staff were friendly and helpful, but the hostel was quite empty.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear guest, we do had a tin opener but it was broken so we bought another one. Our staff would never get angry about using salt, even cause the stuff we use for breakfast is locked and all other things we are happy to share. Probably you mistook a guest for our staff. But anyway, we are deeply sorry about that!

Very nice, clean and modern hostel in the area of Vila Madalena (with a lot of nice bars and unique shops in walking distance)

very nice hostel, dorms are high standard (so are the beds), large and cool common spaces, nice atmosphere. And there were more brazilians than international people there, which I found nice. We Well located : metro Vila Madalena, "bohemian" sector of SP, full of small shops, bars and restaurants. Having a walk by the area is really nice! You can reach quickly the centre by Metro. Highly recommendable

Dear guest, thanks for your review! We'd just like to add that it's not always that we have more brazilians than international guests. It depends on the day and you were here right on Sao Paulo Fashion Week, so we had plenty of brazilian guests at that moment. But we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you come back someday! Best regards, the Viva Hostel Design team.

Beautiful hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful! The location was sooo beautiful!! With amazing stores, bars, restaurant and art work around!

Very clean, new and very good standart. Team very friendly and helpful. I virtually just slept there, but the bed linen were very clean and "fresh", air con in the dorms, you have like your own secluded, cozy cave in the dorm.

Great hostel! The staff was very helpful. I highly recommend this hostel!!

Had a lot of trouble finding the place based on the directions given from after the metro station which could have been clearer. I was also expecting a better location. The hostel itself was great. I was in the 8-bed dorm, which is very good for those who prefer some privacy and quiet. Very comfortable beds. The single ensuite bathroom was insufficient for 8 people. The staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Lovely hostel. Really friendly helpful staff with great English. Clean, funny concrete beds with backlight and plug, felt like you were in your own little cave. Close to bars/shops and metro to get around.

hostel have very nice and comfortable beds. The staff at the reception are very helpful and friendly. Definitely my best hostel in Brazil!

Very modern and comfortable rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful (apart from one person in some afternoons that was kind of bored to help). Overall, is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed.

I thought the hostel was lacking in atmosphere and there was no water in the bathrooms at night when I stayed. But the dorm beds were comfortable. Great lockers with charger inside. Breakfast was simple but adequate and the staff were friendly and helpful.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The facilities are really great, better than some hotels! The staff is very helpful. Great breakfast and a modern, spacious and clean kitchen you can use. Good beds and pillows, unlike many hostels, and amongst other things there is a huge tv and PS3. Location is also great, a few minutes walk from the metro station and walking distance from the bars and awesome nightlife of Vila Madalena. Would stay for sure again at this hostel next time I am in SP!

This hostel is more like a boutique hotel - there is a lovely lounge area and kithchen. The owners have really thought about what travellers value - like clean bathrooms, privacy around beds, sockets by the beds, strong wifi signal everywhere, and an atmosphere that is a haven of the madness of Sao paolo. Highly recommended.

• 27th Feb 2015

Positive: comfy and 'private' beds with separating walls - good location - close to metro - okay kitchen - good breakfast Negative: the staff stole our butter and used it for breakfast... the breakfast lady never refilling the breakfast - the water is always gone in the evenings in the room.

Dear guest, we're going to take some of your thoughts in consideration and talk to staffs and guests. But honestly, using words like "steal" and "never" it's wrong. Firstly, your butter was taken by mistake, cause it's similar to what we used for breakfast. We even offered you ours but you said it was ok. Secondly, we refill breakfast from 7am to 10am. If it wasn't refilled in time we were probably busy and not because of laziness. The water problem is in the whole ciy. Hope we could clarify it.

There's is no bad things we can say about this hostel! It was cheap it was clean it was well looked after the staff were great and the location is great!Just 5mins walk from the hostel you have as many bars and restaurants as you could wish for!Only 2metro stop to centre of town And the beds at this place are quality each bed is basically double and is so private. Sometimes São Paulo gets a bad reputation but it's hostels like this that can change your whole perception! This place is a must!!

This is a very modern hostel. The dorms are built that you have as much privacy as possible. In my case it resulted in looking at a wall. For me that was too much privacy, adn like to see my roommates. The living room and kitchen are huge and well equipped. Unfortunately, we had problem with the water and we were not able to use the toilet or the shower for hours until days.

Excellent security. In a great area and near a Metro station. Staff were friendly and helpful, but did not speak very good English. I was there at the end of Carnival and a few days after. Even then, there was not much for atmosphere. Despite a big clean common area, I never saw many people there. The beds were excellent with outlets and lights in each bed.

Very clean hostel with a large kitchen and modern design. Quiet location but within a 15 min walk to the bars in a posh section of the city. Also within a 10 min walk to the metro station with lots of stairs and uphill/downhill which could be exhausting. Staff are amazing - very welcoming and extremely helpful. I highly recommend this place if youre into a somewhat bigger hostel with modern design... and if you have the lungs to walk up and downhill to and from the metro station.