Viva Hostel Design Reviews

Rua Girassol, 1262 Vila Madalena, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Very nice rooms, very isolated from the others! The kitchen was really nice and breakfast was good! Staff was very helpful ! I would definitely recommend to book there!

Good hostel and in a good location, near the metro & good nightlife. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm & there is a lot of privacy with each being quite enclosed in your own space. Huge lockers and an en suite bathroom make the room more comfortable. The staff are friendly and approachable. There's a big kitchen, dining & chill out area too, & a TV room. It's quite quiet & laid back which can be good or bad depending on what you want from a hostel but the staff will help with plans if you need it.

The hostel is well located (1km short walk from restaurants and bars). It has very nice decoration and security (door always closed, open only for guests, lockers in each room). Breakfast was nice, Staff is very friendly and helpful, and wi-fi worked perfectly in all areas of the hostel. However, bathrooms were not very clean. The room bathroom worked well, but was not very clean. But bathrooms in common areas were dirty, no paper/towel for hand drying and flushing system was not working.

Dear guest, we are very glad that you enjoyed our decoration, security, breakfast, staff and wi-fi. About the bathroom cleanliness, we do have a staff responsible for cleaning the entire hostel every single day but to keep it clean till the next day, it will also depend on the guests' own organization. We will keep an eye on papers and flushing systems more frequently. Thanks for your review! Best regards, the Viva Hostel Design team

Elcio, Jose and all the guys who work in the hostel are really friendly, professional and easy going. The hostel is in a quiet street just a short walk from the main area to go out in in SP - loads of bars, places to eat, a cool atmosphere blah blah blah A cool thing about the hostel is that everything is really good quality - the beds, breakfast, wifi, loads of plug sockets - I've been to a few hostels in SP before, but this is by far the best. When I go back to SP, I definitely return here.

Great Hostel, staff members are amazing, very convenient bar at recepcion, metro station is about 10 mins walking distance, overall I had a great time with Viva hostel!!!!!

Good, clean hostel with good facilities. Beds were super comfy, and the whole cave feeling it was nice after staying in a lot of open hostels. Only problem was not being able to tell who was in the room when you went in so never sure if its okay to make noise or not. Kitchen was missing a few essentials like a tin opener, and the cupboards weren't labeled so it was a bit unfair when someone got angry at us for using staff salt. Staff were friendly and helpful, but the hostel was quite empty.

Dear guest, we do had a tin opener but it was broken so we bought another one. Our staff would never get angry about using salt, even cause the stuff we use for breakfast is locked and all other things we are happy to share. Probably you mistook a guest for our staff. But anyway, we are deeply sorry about that!

Beds were awesome and private. The hostel was extremely quiet so it was a bit boring but that's ok. The wifi worked everywhere and the kitchen was big and clean. The location was ok. it was safe but you had to hike up a HUGE hill to reach the location from the metro which would be close to impossible with luggage. The rooms were cleaned with a CRAZY strong lemon cleaner that was unbearable. Otherwise it was good and I would recommend it.

Very nice, clean and modern hostel in the area of Vila Madalena (with a lot of nice bars and unique shops in walking distance)

very nice hostel, dorms are high standard (so are the beds), large and cool common spaces, nice atmosphere. And there were more brazilians than international people there, which I found nice. We Well located : metro Vila Madalena, "bohemian" sector of SP, full of small shops, bars and restaurants. Having a walk by the area is really nice! You can reach quickly the centre by Metro. Highly recommendable

Dear guest, thanks for your review! We'd just like to add that it's not always that we have more brazilians than international guests. It depends on the day and you were here right on Sao Paulo Fashion Week, so we had plenty of brazilian guests at that moment. But we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you come back someday! Best regards, the Viva Hostel Design team.

Beautiful hostel! The staff were super friendly and helpful! The location was sooo beautiful!! With amazing stores, bars, restaurant and art work around!

Very clean, new and very good standart. Team very friendly and helpful. I virtually just slept there, but the bed linen were very clean and "fresh", air con in the dorms, you have like your own secluded, cozy cave in the dorm.

Great hostel! The staff was very helpful. I highly recommend this hostel!!

Had a lot of trouble finding the place based on the directions given from after the metro station which could have been clearer. I was also expecting a better location. The hostel itself was great. I was in the 8-bed dorm, which is very good for those who prefer some privacy and quiet. Very comfortable beds. The single ensuite bathroom was insufficient for 8 people. The staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Lovely hostel. Really friendly helpful staff with great English. Clean, funny concrete beds with backlight and plug, felt like you were in your own little cave. Close to bars/shops and metro to get around.

hostel have very nice and comfortable beds. The staff at the reception are very helpful and friendly. Definitely my best hostel in Brazil!

Very modern and comfortable rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful (apart from one person in some afternoons that was kind of bored to help). Overall, is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed.

I thought the hostel was lacking in atmosphere and there was no water in the bathrooms at night when I stayed. But the dorm beds were comfortable. Great lockers with charger inside. Breakfast was simple but adequate and the staff were friendly and helpful.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The facilities are really great, better than some hotels! The staff is very helpful. Great breakfast and a modern, spacious and clean kitchen you can use. Good beds and pillows, unlike many hostels, and amongst other things there is a huge tv and PS3. Location is also great, a few minutes walk from the metro station and walking distance from the bars and awesome nightlife of Vila Madalena. Would stay for sure again at this hostel next time I am in SP!

This hostel is more like a boutique hotel - there is a lovely lounge area and kithchen. The owners have really thought about what travellers value - like clean bathrooms, privacy around beds, sockets by the beds, strong wifi signal everywhere, and an atmosphere that is a haven of the madness of Sao paolo. Highly recommended.

Positive: comfy and 'private' beds with separating walls - good location - close to metro - okay kitchen - good breakfast Negative: the staff stole our butter and used it for breakfast... the breakfast lady never refilling the breakfast - the water is always gone in the evenings in the room.

Dear guest, we're going to take some of your thoughts in consideration and talk to staffs and guests. But honestly, using words like "steal" and "never" it's wrong. Firstly, your butter was taken by mistake, cause it's similar to what we used for breakfast. We even offered you ours but you said it was ok. Secondly, we refill breakfast from 7am to 10am. If it wasn't refilled in time we were probably busy and not because of laziness. The water problem is in the whole ciy. Hope we could clarify it.