VivaVenezia Reviews

Santa Croce 1149, Lista Vecchia dei Bari (Santa Croce) 1149, Venice, Italy

I really liked staying at VivaVenezia. The only thing that bothered me was the smell of cigarettes when we arrived (also the towels smelled a bit like this). But otherwise I was really happy. It was clean, the beds comfortable and the small appartment where we stayed was spacious and had everything we needed (even WiFi, computer, kitchen...) The owner was very happy and friendly all the time. Thanks for everything!

My mother, sister, and I stayed in a charming 3 bedroom. Although a bit tricky to find at first, it was actually a great location, just 6 minutes from the train and bus stations and a beautiful 20 or so minute walk to San Marco's Piazza. Franco was attentive, reliable, and very pleasant to do business with. The accommodations were spacious, clean, and relaxing. There are several delightful restaurants nearby, that aren't jam-packed with tourists. Highly recommend this location.

• 6th Oct 2015

It was fairly easy to find, it is located relatively close to the Santa Lucia train station. It was a bed and breakfast we got our own room and own bathroom, there was a kitchen where you could cook. It was a few meters away from the Grande Canal. I found the keys in Italy are always difficult so we had a hard time getting into the doors sometimes but always got in. The man who owned the property was nice but also a little weird. Overall we had a nice stay.

Our room was spacious and clean, we had a very good first impression after a friendly welcome. The disappointment started the next morning when there was a queue for the bathroom: One toilet in the same room with the shower for at least 3 bedrooms. The day continued with a very disappointing breakfast: Cupboards offer dirty dishes and dirty cutlery, toast, packaged sticky croissants and cornflakes with UHT milk, nothing fresh. The kitchen table is decorated with doilies that used to be white.

The place is very close to train station and 15 minutes walking to bus station. If you need something there is not staff. It is practically a home for you so that is great. The wifi is excellent the bathroom has hot water. I recommend

Lovely B&B in a good location - right near the train station, accessible by bridge. But follow the emailed written directions which are excellent, if you try to follow a map you will get lost! Nice room with air conditioning, shared bathroom between 3 rooms in the apartment, kitchen with waging machine. It's not a hostel so don't expect hostel atmosphere. Franco was very helpful providing a map when we arrived.Kitchen well equipped. Some space for hanging washing out the window which was helpful

We had a fantastic stay in Viva Venezia for 2 nights! We were due to share the house with another group, but they cancelled at the last moment meaning we had the whole place to ourselves, which was very nice. The rooms were clean & spacious, the bathroom was very clean & modern, and towels were provided. Franco was very friendly & always on hand to answer any questions, and to provide breakfast each morning.

Franco, the Host of the hostel, is such a cool guy! All he wants is for his place to be clean for you, and for you to have a great time. The place is a little hard to find, but that's Venice for you. Great Stay!

Great host. Very friendly and accommodating! Couldn't have asked for a better person to help find our way around. Very clean place right in the Center of Venice. I highly recommend staying here.

Everything's fine and I had a great stay there.

Very good location in Venice main island, with good reception, staff is very General and kind.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • China

I've stayed in Venice 4 times and I can say this is the best value for the money i've seen. Franco is very helpful and I could not have asked for more. Unlike many hostels the WIFI was perfect. Fanco even did a load of laundry for free.WOW. Try getting that somewhere else. Location is great.

This hostel was IDEAL for the traveller who isnt looking for a party or to meet others, but for a clean comfortable spacious place to sleep for a few nights. Perfect directions to the door, map on arrival (tip to other travellers have a coloured map as its impossible to tell whats a canal and whats a road on the black and white one provided!) GREAT coffee, substantial breakfast, clean, quiet and all we needed was there! cannot reccomend it highly enough!

I stayed here before a cruise on the Norwegian Jade. Location is very close to bus terminal, Train to port, Grand Canal. Franco was very helpful. This is the best value for the money in Venice!

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts