Vivek Hotel Reviews

1534-50 Main Bazaar, Paharganj, New Delhi, India

Arrived to be told there was no reservation(even though I had email confirmation from hostel world) Then they tried to sell us a deluxe room before making us wait an hour and giving us the room we had booked. The room hadn't been cleaned, had to ask for clean bedsheets, towels, toilet paper. Staff hassled you constantly to buy tours or knock on your door at odd hours to sell you food and drinks. Plus side? There's free wifi in the lobby, good location, roof top cafe & ok by India standards.

When I made reservation it was Rs.600.00. My advance was Rs. 120.00. Remain Rs. 480.00 which money I suppose to pay. But I've paid Rs. 540.00. I have paid Rs.60.00 more. When I was in hotel reception I show booking paper which I got from Hostelworld.com. It was written Rs. 540.00 I have to pay.later I came to room and check mail from Hotels reservation manager wrote me I've to pay Rs.480..00. I talk to reception but they didn't back my money.

Hard to believe that in the middle of a cold weather where over 50 people died one is charged extra for heating or even extra blankets (!). This is not what a guest want to see from a supposedely extraordinary hotel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Austria

The rooms were pretty basic which was fine but our toilet didn't flush and when we said something they just said it works. The shower head was broken and when we said something to the staff they said to just take a bucket shower. However, there was hot water-only enough for one shower though. We did not sleep over night there, we left for the airport around midnight, so we can't speak to that. Great location-in the middle of the bazaar. The airport taxi was absurdly expensive.