Vivek Hotel Reviews

1534-50 Main Bazaar, Paharganj, New Delhi, India

In our first night in Delhi we got ripped off by the "ITCD". Dont trust anyone around the trainstation, also not the "securities". They told us the area is high security area because of the festival for the national day. We ended up in a hotel which costed us 50€ because it was in the middle of the night and we had no other choice! They are really well organized! The next day we walked to Vivek Hotel and nothing was blocked. First they wated us to pay for two nights and the room smelled bad.

We were extremely disappointed with the Vivek Hotel. We were in room 308 which was absolutely revolting, the bathroom was unusable, we're not sure whether the sinks was covered in cement or lime scale! The description said the hotel had wifi, it did however it did not work so may as well not have, There was also no safe deposit box and we were told by reception to leave valuables in a cupboard in their office or just in our room. Location was good if you want to be living with the locals!!

• 5th Jan 2016

Around 15 minutes from Connaught place, the room was clean and for a city like Delhi I find it very cheap.. The room has a hot shower and an old TV (no idea if it works). The best thing for me was the on the rooftop.

• 12th Dec 2015

Delhi was hectic - or at least the streets around here are - hotel did the job for us, we have stored some luggage there, airport pick up and drop off was sweet and Sams Cafe upstairs was good value tasty food - we ate the veggy indian dishes. Bring ear plugs & a sheet sleeping bag!

• 11th Dec 2015

Very affordable and comfortable

Location is in a slum, otherwise OK

• 5th Nov 2015

Good location, good service

Great location, and SAMs bar next door does great food. One of the best Indian meals I've had in India. Also cold beer from a bottle rather than a mug. I would highly recommend this places when staying in Delhi.

An excellent inexpensive base in Delhi.

Arrived to be told there was no reservation(even though I had email confirmation from hostel world) Then they tried to sell us a deluxe room before making us wait an hour and giving us the room we had booked. The room hadn't been cleaned, had to ask for clean bedsheets, towels, toilet paper. Staff hassled you constantly to buy tours or knock on your door at odd hours to sell you food and drinks. Plus side? There's free wifi in the lobby, good location, roof top cafe & ok by India standards.

When I made reservation it was Rs.600.00. My advance was Rs. 120.00. Remain Rs. 480.00 which money I suppose to pay. But I've paid Rs. 540.00. I have paid Rs.60.00 more. When I was in hotel reception I show booking paper which I got from Hostelworld.com. It was written Rs. 540.00 I have to pay.later I came to room and check mail from Hotels reservation manager wrote me I've to pay Rs.480..00. I talk to reception but they didn't back my money.

Hard to believe that in the middle of a cold weather where over 50 people died one is charged extra for heating or even extra blankets (!). This is not what a guest want to see from a supposedely extraordinary hotel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Austria

The rooms were pretty basic which was fine but our toilet didn't flush and when we said something they just said it works. The shower head was broken and when we said something to the staff they said to just take a bucket shower. However, there was hot water-only enough for one shower though. We did not sleep over night there, we left for the airport around midnight, so we can't speak to that. Great location-in the middle of the bazaar. The airport taxi was absurdly expensive.

No problem my friend and You can find good weed in front

I did not have a good experience in Vivek hostel. In the hostel not taken into account the payment I made for booking. The receptionist told me that the amount paid to Hostel World is a commission. Furthermore, The room was not clean. They had not changed the sheets and towels. I arrived at 3 a.m. so I stayed only one night, I paid one night at this place but they not discounted the amount of booking because told me that Hostel World gets this money (10%).

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Dirty place and rude staff. Good location, wifi and elevator.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Spain

We stayed at the Vivek Hotel, and it was our first experience of being in India. While Delhi itself was a bit overwhelming at first, the hotel provided somewhat of a calm escape. We didn't want to spend much, and from what I've seen around the rest of India, comparably, we probably could have had a nicer room for what we paid. The rooftop restaurant, and the bar next door had excellent food, and cheap beer! We're heading back to Delhi again in April, and I think we'll stay there again.

Ok2 ja sebab tinggal sehari ja.. wifi hanya kat bawah,condition bilik ok2 ja.. so sekadar 1 hari ok la.. :)

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Perhaps I was expecting to much for my money? room was ridiculously noisy and sheets had not been changed.

for traveller that do not want to spend too much and stay in a good location this is a ok place..remember that you are in india so...do not expect european clealiness standard...but i will go back...

• 30th Jan 2013