Vivek Hotel Reviews

1534-50 Main Bazaar, Paharganj, New Delhi, India

We stayed at the Vivek Hotel, and it was our first experience of being in India. While Delhi itself was a bit overwhelming at first, the hotel provided somewhat of a calm escape. We didn't want to spend much, and from what I've seen around the rest of India, comparably, we probably could have had a nicer room for what we paid. The rooftop restaurant, and the bar next door had excellent food, and cheap beer! We're heading back to Delhi again in April, and I think we'll stay there again.

Ok2 ja sebab tinggal sehari ja.. wifi hanya kat bawah,condition bilik ok2 ja.. so sekadar 1 hari ok la.. :)

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Perhaps I was expecting to much for my money? room was ridiculously noisy and sheets had not been changed.

for traveller that do not want to spend too much and stay in a good location this is a ok place..remember that you are in india so...do not expect european clealiness standard...but i will go back...

• 30th Jan 2013

The room overlooked a garbage dump, staff was either friendly and helpful or surly. Noise was terrible in the rooms at night. Sheets were dirty.

The hotel was filthy, and there was no hot water, which made showering in January quite unpleasant. There were mouse droppings on the bed, and the linens were filthy. DO NOT STAY HERE. For $12 USD more a night, you can get a decent place just down the street.

Very indifferent and unfriendly staff. Wi-fi only for the money, the heater in the room only for the money (on the 6th of January, it was very cold - about 5-degrees Celsius).

• 6th Jan 2013
  • Kazakhstan

Cheap hotel, could be more clean. Staff is nice

The staff weren't terribly helpful, but it's an okay place to stay for one night. Make sure to use the deadbolt on your door; someone tried to open my door in the middle of the night.

Located on very busy street. During our stay there was some reconstruction in progres in the hotel therefore there was a lot of noise in the morning. Hot water anytime but on request. There is also SAM's restaurant with continental food. (Roof top and in the ground floor) Internet is available for fee.

• 30th Dec 2012
  • Czech Republic

Nothing special. Both in a good as in a bad way. Good was the wake up call and the laundry service. Bad was the hot shower didn't work and the 'helpers' were very pushy with their chai in the morning. Good for budget travellers.

We only stayed one night and it was exactly what we needed! Clean rooms, very helpful staff, not noisy... Would recommend for Delhi...

Staff are a bit too attentive - they knock on the door frequently to check if you need anything, and this is a bit annoying. Otherwise nice though - loaned us a city map and were helpful. Room was clean. Room had no window but this meant less noise (we think). Rooftop restaurant was great.

I thought the hotel was good value for money. It seemed to be standard to what other hotels in the area offered. Don't expect luxury and assume the pictures of the hotel on the website is what you will get. Nevertheless, good value for rupee. Wished wifi was offered for free for guests. Breakfast was affordable and good. Shop around for better exchange rates in the area. Quite bizarre to be offered different rates for different denominations of US currency by this hotel.

staff helpful, and good rooftop restaurant. Great location close to station and in vibrant area of Delhi. Thought the room to be very unclean, but the area in general was dusty/dirty.

I will stay with Vivek again, being both handy & secure, clean rooms & bathroom, efficient desk & very good value for the area & what you get. Yet to try their rooftop bar but it is opposite the classic Diamond Cafe - so there you go, a few reasons to stay there. Carlo Roberto, London

A nice and clean hotel in the backpacking area of New Delhi. It's about 10 minutes walk from the New Delhi train station though it was a little hard to find as there were lots of similar hotels along the same road. The rooftop restaurant was nice and the staff were very friendly. However, I should point out that the chicken I ordered was obviously uncooked, I pointed it out to the staff and they didn't really do anything about it. Otherwise the hotel is a reasonable one in Delhi standard.

We couldn't arrive in Delhi as planned, so I wrote the hotel in advance to ask them to reduce our reservation by a day without penalty. When we arrived at the hotel, the man at reception was unattentive and I nearly had to shove my reservation in his face for him to acknowledge us. Then he wouldn't honour the 10% deposit I'd already paid online, claiming it was a booking fee and not their business, so demanded we pay the hotel reservation in full and wouldn't give us the Wifi password...

Good value for money and good location. Hot shower, cable tv and simple but comfortable room

This was the first hostel I visited in India. The rooms are not the ones from the picture, although my room was very clean. Location is in the middle of Main Bazar and ok located from the must see hotspits in Delhi. Watch a bit ou for the people at the reception. When I wanted to prolongue my room for an extra night, one of them wanted to charge me much more. When I wanted to do a new booking via hostelworld, so I could pay the normal price, he asked me to check out.”

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4